Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My trusty AT Pro is currently sick and sitting in the naughty corner, so I bought a second hand Xterra 705 to tide me over, until and unless the PRO gets fixed. Any tips on using it, settings etc. Will mostly be on pasture and some recently ploughed land. TIA. Jerry

yep one big tip go to the mine lab site and sign up and down load the EBOOK written by Randy Horton called understanding your X TERRA it is full of all kinds of info on all the Xterra line it is a vary good learning tool

other then that play with all the settings and lean and there are a ton of things to learn about the 705 I have been using the 705 since 2009 or 2010 and have never felt the need to upgrade to something better, in my opinion it is one of the most under rated machines on the market

don't know which coil or coils you received with it but they are all good the only coil I never could get a feel for swinging is the small hockey puck coil 5 or 6 inch's the one coil I use pretty much all the time is the 5x10 18.75 KHz DD but that is due to where and for what I hunt, the 9 inch 7.5 KHz coil is what I used the most when I lived in Ohio though

I also have the AT PRO and it and i just never did mesh and it sees vary little use I purchased both the ATP and the 705 at the same time

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread