X-Terra 305 Good? Bad?

yammy

May 19, 2019
West Sussex, UK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Golden Mask One 15 kHz, Whites DFX300mm, Quest Q40, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Seems to be a pretty good deal going on the X-Terra 305 here in the UK at the moment however I am a bit stuck as to where to go for it or the Quest Q20...or even a Go Find 44. :icon_scratch:

The X-Terra 305 is better built than the Go Find but I am thinking in terms of performance, especially on the beach. I live just 12 miles from some of the best beaches in the UK so that is my number one search area for now.

Any thoughts on the X-Terra 305?

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The X-Terra will blow away a Go Find.
I got a 305 on a trade and ended up buying a 705 for the extra features.
The 705 is still my daily driver if you will.

OP
OP
yammy

yammy

May 19, 2019
West Sussex, UK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Golden Mask One 15 kHz, Whites DFX300mm, Quest Q40, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer.
Primary Interest:
The X-Terra will blow away a Go Find.
I got a 305 on a trade and ended up buying a 705 for the extra features.
The 705 is still my daily driver if you will.

Thanks. I had a feeling the Go Find would be not such a good buy so will leave that for now.

Someone gave me a list of options to look at:

X-Terra 305
Fisher F22
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Whites Treasure Master Pro.

Very confusing all this. Was a lot easier that last time I was doing this but that was 25 years ago!

knarf44

Sep 9, 2012
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Home brew digging tool, Garrett Pro Pointer
Rapoo H6020 wireless headset and TS-BT35F01 BT transmitter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently got back into detecting after pursuing other interests for a few years.
Beings I sold off my previous acquirement I purchased a new X-Terra 305 and I really happy with it. Using my previous old test garden I find the target ID numbers are much stabler and it detects deeper than any of my previous detectors.

I like it!!

OP
OP
yammy

yammy

May 19, 2019
West Sussex, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I recently got back into detecting after pursuing other interests for a few years.
Beings I sold off my previous acquirement I purchased a new X-Terra 305 and I really happy with it. Using my previous old test garden I find the target ID numbers are much stabler and it detects deeper than any of my previous detectors.

I like it!!

Thanks for that. I am still considering the X-Terra 305 but also the Liberator too. It's a little more money but a lot more features. As I need to buy two detectors I may get that or the 305 plus a Quest X5.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread