2008 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( Japanese) TREASURE

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
2005 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( JAPS) TREASURE

Hi Jonesindy,

When Japanese invaded Philippines, they are not alone. Koreans are with them (based on historical informations). There are groups of korean engineers who are responsible for the concealment of the big volumes. the design, composition and location of these big volumes are well planned and no matter how much money a treasure hunter invest, will not yield positive results. Unless of course they have the information on how to defeat it. (That is another story.)They may reach the exact location, the exact vault, but the biggest problem is the opening of the vault. it is possible if the area will be done as an open cut, but for the depth of say120 ft. it will be an enourmous task for a group of treasure hunters. The vault is manmade stones intricately interwoven to each other and is almost impossible to dismantle it unless... the whole place is to be dig-out and exposed.

My 2 cents regarding big volume projects.

Angel_09

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006

jonesindy said:
Zobex, Angel and Emily,

Thanks for your comments. I am posting more pics for more comments. I must tell yuo now. "Made in Korea" is the complete markings on the small tools. Zobex, the bachhoe was used in Phase 2. Phase 1 used jackhammers. I am not inclined to agree on the theory of Emily from the way I saw the whole thing.

Thanks,

Jonesindy

Korea was invaded by Japan in 1910. With the approval of most of Europe and the USA. By
about 1916 the name Korea was removed from all government regulated and managed activities.
The Japs referred to it as “the peninsula” , the Korean Army was dissolved and even the Korean
language was banned, only Japanese was permitted. Korean peoples were directed to trade
schooling and Japanese descent went to higher or military training. The name Korea was not
used during the era of Japanese occupation.

There was a secret agreement between Stalin of Russia and Roosevelt of USA at the February,
1945 Yalta conference in which the two decided to invade the Japanese holding and cut it in half
and divide it between the two countries. They decided to cut it in half along the mapping 38th
parallel. In 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for elections
in Korea to ensure independence and unification. The Soviet Union strongly objected to this
resolution and refused to allow U.N. delegates to visit the north. An election was held in the
south and the Republic of Korea (ROK), with a democratic constitution, was formed in 1948. In
the north, a communist regime, called the Peoples Democratic Republic of Korea (DPRK) was
established under Russian influence (not China which in 1947 was still Imperial China). In
1949, the Chinese Communists won control of China, with the help of North Korean
communists. Thousands of well-trained North Korean soldiers returned to help North Korea
invade the south. About 6,000 Soviet advisors had helped train other troops. In 1949, the United
States pulled its army out of South Korea, and Congress debated whether or not to send more aid
to South Korea. Only 500 American troops were left to train the newly formed South Korean
army. Kim Il-sung led the North Koreans in an invasion of the south on June 25, 1950. In three
days, Seoul fell, and soon the entire peninsula was engaged in combat. The United Nations
General Assembly voted to send troops to aid the south. A bitter and divisive war dragged on for
three years until a cease-fire agreement was reached on July 27, 1953. The agreement left Korea
divided into north and south, two armed countries with rival leaders and governments.

Since the Japanese occupied “Korea” had the name removed from official functions, it is very
unlikely that any tools, hand tools or digging tools would be exported with the marking “Made in
Korea” from 1910 to 1946, in light as the usage of the American initiated mark of “Made in ----“
was not created till 1921. I would also be very doubt full that the occupied Korea now a province
of Japan would manufacture and field deploy tools with the marking “Made in Korea” in English.
HOWEVER, following 1948 the mark “Made in Korea” could be used in American or Russian
occupied Korea and since it is in compliance with American export laws or American
manufacturing laws if this mark is found, then it would be from American south half of Korea.
Here is an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/U-S-ARMY-FOLDING-PICK-AXE-KOREA-SURPLUS-LIKE-NEW_W0
QQitemZ190009258062QQihZ009QQcategoryZ586QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What does this mean, if you found any tools with the marks “Made in Korea” in English then someone has been there since or after 1946 using tools made for English speaking consumers or American lead military. The Japs were defeated and kicked out in 1945.

Zobex

jonesindy

May 23, 2006

Zobex,

A salute the depth of your analysis! I defer in mine in some minor respects, from the way I understand my history. Yuor thoughts really gives me things to ponder. I thank you for reminding me about the hacker - "good luck to them", I hope they enjoy everything they wanted to know from each Internet cafe, which i use from time to time. I am posting some reply to your comments later.

Mr. Toyopa,

Your question definitely makes my lips to lengthen, causing my cheek a much needed exercise! I planned to keep the markers as conversation pieces in my front yard. But curiosity got the better of me. I tell you, what is inside is not worth the sledgehamer which almost broke before the poor thing gave up.

Regards,

Jonesindy

I

il_acuto

Booby Traps

Anyone ever heard of the japanese using "mustard gas" or similar chemical as a defensive bobby trap?

In this case, a fine white powder, which causes immediate itching, followed by the skin blistering.

When two mayas (sparrows) were inserted in the chamber, dead in seconds. (On the end of a long pole in cages)

A pigeon lasted a little longer.

A strong bleach solution to decontaminate?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

=jonesindy
Mr. Toyopa,
Your question definitely makes my lips to lengthen, causing my cheek a much needed exercise! I planned to keep the markers as conversation pieces in my front yard. But curiosity got the better of me. I tell you, what is inside is not worth the sledgehamer which almost broke before the poor thing gave up.
Regards,
Jonesindy
Hola Jonesindy: I asked because they appeared to be limestone to me.. If both are in the original position that they were discovered, then both seem to have been subjected to the erosive affects of water since all of the eroded lines are exactly the same and the same level on both rocks. This would also explain the curious figure on top of the left rock.

I have seen this type of rock with the exact same type of appearance and erosion both in the Philipines and southern China

Tropical Tramp

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006

il_acuto said:
Booby Traps

Anyone ever heard of the Japaneses using "mustard gas" or similar chemical as a defensive bobby trap?

In this case, a fine white powder, which causes immediate itching, followed by the skin blistering.

When two mayas (sparrows) were inserted in the chamber, dead in seconds. (On the end of a long pole in cages)

A pigeon lasted a little longer.

A strong bleach solution to decontaminate?

My Uncle was in the US Navy in the Islands my Dad in the Army. About 10 years ago my Uncle gave me a large soft book that was labled "Secret" and a bunch of US Department of Defense gibberish and some control number. Anyway, what it was, was a compendium on Japanese explosives, munitions including chemical, biological and the purpose of the book was for the deactivation of Japanese Military booby traps found in the Philippines and the surrounding islands. That book has been very valuable.

Now the point, the Japs DID have mustard gas and other variants of such, anthrax, botulism, blister gas and blister agent (sticky fluid) thermite and a lot of other stuff. It was in artillery shells, cannon shells, Ariel bombs and even land mines. The book shows black and white pictures, identification codes and in many cases how to deactivate. I don't have a clue how my Uncle got it but one day he just smiled and handed it to me. He fought on Mindanao so he thought I should have it.

Mustard gas is a gas. Mustard blister agent is a liquid or gel.. They also used other blister agents. Some treasure sites have been found dusted with cyanide. Cyanide picks up moisture and if you get the white dust on you, it reacts with the moisture on your skin and it gets absorbed. In one tunnel many years ago we ran into a cyanide trap. There was a 3 inch steel pipe sticking out the side of the tunnel wall. I was out of the site so I told the crew to take a bucket of cement and shove it into the pipe with a long stick till it was full. Well they did not and later one of the diggers found something and yanked On it. Three died. Built into the wall was a steel chamber pot that had two glass bottles inside. One of dry powdered cyanide and one of acid. The cable pull was hooked to a spring hammer that when tripped smashed the two glass cylinders which them made the gas that shot out the steel pipe into the tunnel.

In another case some people I know, not my site, found a black coffin. Inside was loose gem stones. The minuet they would touch them, they dropped dead. After a couple of dead tribals they began to believe it was spirits. I figured it was cyanide dust on the gems and showed them how to empty out the contents and boil it in hot soapy water over a camp fire. After two washings they were safe to handle. In another case a cement vault was cut open and inside was poison gas. Continuous ventilation with pressurized air would not purge the site. Still Class A toxic. Finally it was found that the Japs had poured Mercury on the vault floor, the mercury later reacting with something in the cement floor and creeping water created mercury hydroxide, an extremely toxic substance. The whole vault was so toxic it was rendered irretrievable. It's still there 12 water proof 50 gal drums of gold coins

If you can, wash the site with cold water and liquid dish or laundry soap, not the powder or bar type. If it is a vault you may have to flood it and then use a sump pump to pump the water back out. Several times.

OH YES, don't touch or get in the wash water, if it is poision you will absorb it into your skin and you will be as dead as the birds.

Zobex

jonesindy

May 23, 2006

To Zbex, Realde Toyopa and freinds,

Thank you all for the very interesting information. I really appreciate every bit of a clue that I could pick-up from this site and thread. By now, I am definite that the markers were man-made for many reasons. During the first few weeks of work, everything that Zobex described was our concern. I think we overdid in our preparation for such possible traps. Come November, we shall be guided by the the maxim that: "YOU DON'T GET A LION CUB, UNLESS YOU GO TO THE LION'S LAIR", plus plenty of prayers....

Regards to all!!!

jonesindy

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HOLA Zobex, that should be methylmercurichydroxide. Of course you realize that Mercury batteries are a combination of Mercury and Hydroxide?

As for cyanide, it isn't generally fatal on unbroken skin, but definitely not advisable.

I was lightly poisoned by cyanide while assaying and running tests, and am now sensitized to it. I can smell cyanide in most forms up to 25 meters in a still air environment, It has a sickly sweet smell to me. Want to hire me? hehhe.

Yes, I know, it is supposedly odorless, but it is not, I have won many a bet on this.

As far as Mercury goes, we used it inside of 120 140+ f ( 40 - 60C) closed huts to align the Nordan bombsight. It was used as a gravity leveled mirror. The room was saturated with it.

In addition we used Benzene to wash them with in open pans, in theory we should all have died.

Tropical Tramp

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005

Ola Tropical tramp and all,

So how do we protect ourselves from such chemicals. In the philippines we could buy chemical resistant industrial gloves at arround 8dls (at handyman or ace) but will the commercial gas masks available at both stores protect us? I have in my kit a full face military issue gas mask with a c7 canister filter, dont know what its rating is but i just bring it along, might come in handy inside a cave or something. I think is will buy the gloves tomorrow and add to my kit just in case...not hunting at the moment though. Good thing you guys brought out the topic. thanks

God bless,

Jose

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006

tagasilay said:
Ola Tropical tramp and all,

So how do we protect ourselves from such chemicals. In the philippines we could buy chemical resistant industrial gloves at arround 8dls (at handyman or ace) but will the commercial gas masks available at both stores protect us? I have in my kit a full face military issue gas mask with a c7 canister filter, dont know what its rating is but i just bring it along, might come in handy inside a cave or something. I think is will buy the gloves tomorrow and add to my kit just in case...not hunting at the moment though. Good thing you guys brought out the topic. thanks

God bless,

Jose

This is what we finally had to upgrade to;

http://www.approvedgasmasks.com/suit-LV640.htm

Had to wear a scuba tank for air inside the suit. You should have seen the looks I got from the Philippine customs and police when this gringo brings in that type of equipment. A whole lot of questions since 9/11 2001 . Probably the only class A suit on Mindanao. Can you imagine wearing a total closed suit in the tropics?

When ever cave or tunnel exploration always take with you a military gas mask and a single scuba dive tank. Just in case you hit a pocket of bad air or such. Always bring water and liquid soap to wash yourself down when you get out, maybe chemical or bacteria inside. Bats or dead things.

Zobex

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Treasure hunters,

Actual treasure scenarios that really happened in Luzon and in Mindanao diggings.......test questions for Japs treasure hunters...

Scenario:
1) After several days of digging....they finally dug up an "treasure" iron box or drum...they immediately hauled it on the surface....but...it also started some "treasure share" quarrel among treasure hunters,greediness, some exposed or show their guns..etc. When they are finally settled down...they open up the "treasure" iron box or drum...it was EMPTY...ONLY MUD / SOIL !!!...no gold bars/treasure....QUESTION? Why it became empty? How?

2) After digging using backhoe...they finally hit the heavy concrete "treasure" vault....since its already night time...they just leave the heavy concrete "treasure vault"..exposed in the open pit overnight....since they already found the concrete treasure vault...its time for celebration already...the treasure hunters celebrate already and drink all night.....in the following morning...they were surprised the concrete vault was GONE...as if eaten by the pit...QUESTION? Why it was gone?...how the heck happened?

Actually these are just easy treasure scenario questions....only well experienced treasure hunter can explain these.....is there anybody can explain why these happened...how?....
I will explain later.... ;D

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Treasure hunters,

Re: toxic gases inside tunnel or caves....i have cheap solution...

Most of filipino treasure hunters or about 90% can't afford to have breathing apparatus...besides there are lots of caves or tunnels to explore and bringing along these breathing aparatus is heavy specially if your sites is in jungle areas and it will create curiosity among local populace or gov't officials...a big NO... NO... on secret treasure hunt exploration...

What is our CHEAP solution or early warning....against possible toxic gas leak in unexplored caves/tunnels?
Bring along small caged BIRDS AND CHICKS and put it into suspected toxic gas leak areas....so that you can continue your diggings or exploration........once these birds/chicks stop chirping or breathing....possible they died due to toxic gas or being swallowed by python....either way...its already...a warning...and RUN FOR YOUR LIVES......he,he,he....only like us...an experienced/poor TH guys had used these cheap/improvised early warning technique...oks?.... ;D

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005

Thanks for the Link zobex, will check it out later. Gboy, i agree with your bird cage solution, very organic. even when i buy vegetables, i prefer those with live worms(protein) crawling arround the stems of my lettuce, with that im sure there is no pesticide or chemical residue...times they are a changing. I think a portable oxygen tank found in mercury drug will suffice instead of a dive tank. Its cheaper, last time i checked it was P3500. or 70usdls, and much smaller, ill add that to my kit too. Don"t buy oxycan at 190 pesos, it will just give you 10 2-3 second bursts of pure oxygen, wont work if you need a sustained supply. HH

God Bless,

Jose

jonesindy

May 23, 2006

Gentlemen,

What do you think is the probability of encountering snakes, and the likes, in a tunnel that obviously have no access from the surface?

Regards,

Jonesindy

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Jonesindy,

We do not know the probability of snakes inside tunnel....maybe Jeff Corwin (snake hunter) of Nat'l geographic knows it...
For treasure hunters like us..who usually crawl inside caves and tunnels...we are always prepared and be aware and carefull of possible...SNAKES and other dangers... :o

By the way....is there anybody had an explaination of our "vanishing" treasure scenario already? .... if nobody can explain it...i will...later... for everybody's additional treasure info.... :-*

Edong

Aug 2, 2005
california

gboy said:
Treasure hunters,

Actual treasure scenarios that really happened in Luzon and in Mindanao diggings.......test questions for Japs treasure hunters...

Scenario:
1) After several days of digging....they finally dug up an "treasure" iron box or drum...they immediately hauled it on the surface....but...it also started some "treasure share" quarrel among treasure hunters,greediness, some exposed or show their guns..etc. When they are finally settled down...they open up the "treasure" iron box or drum...it was EMPTY...ONLY MUD / SOIL !!!...no gold bars/treasure....QUESTION? Why it became empty? How?hi!gboy, i have answer for your #1 quest. it was similar to my exp. we dug 8 drum , on top of each other , and we found some garbage , sand (black) , broken glasses, some misc. metal ,and tools, but no treasure. the empty the drum ,and the treasure was buried farther,and deeper the question # 2 i have similar exp. also the greedy one hired a helicopter and they lift-up that thing everybody fall asleep good due to use of drug . your question fit perfectly to my exp. Ed

2) After digging using backhoe...they finally hit the heavy concrete "treasure" vault....since its already night time...they just leave the heavy concrete "treasure vault"..exposed in the open pit overnight....since they already found the concrete treasure vault...its time for celebration already...the treasure hunters celebrate already and drink all night.....in the following morning...they were surprised the concrete vault was GONE...as if eaten by the pit...QUESTION? Why it was gone?...how the heck happened?

Actually these are just easy treasure scenario questions....only well experienced treasure hunter can explain these.....is there anybody can explain why these happened...how?....
I will explain later.... ;D

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005

Hi Gboy,
it is a very nice hypothectical scenario. First, let me get it straight: characters you have mentioned are not treasure hunters, for me they are ---- other things---. A treasure hunter knows what they are looking for, know their system, and have planned the system before and after the project. It is only a drum and yet they considered it a treasure? Maybe unless the drum is made of gold then it is really a treasure..
Based on your story, it is not empty. It has soil and mud in it. there is nothing weird in this, founding a drum with soil and mud, then why do they expect there are gold in it? Because they conditioned their mind that finding gold is as easy as finding camotes! In my prerequisite in trasure hunting, find a true person who will not get crazy, weilding guns just for the sight of a drum.
The truth is, I have more hilarious stories than this to tell in the near future; how human nature works...

Angel _09

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006

angel_09 said:
Hi Gboy,
it is a very nice hypothetical scenario. First, let me get it straight: characters you have mentioned are not treasure hunters, for me they are ---- other things---. A treasure hunter knows what they are looking for, know their system, and have planned the system before and after the project. It is only a drum and yet they considered it a treasure? Maybe unless the drum is made of gold then it is really a treasure..
Based on your story, it is not empty. It has soil and mud in it. there is nothing weird in this, founding a drum with soil and mud, then why do they expect there are gold in it? Because they conditioned their mind that finding gold is as easy as finding camotes! In my prerequisite in treasure hunting, find a true person who will not get crazy, weilding guns just for the sight of a drum.
The truth is, I have more hilarious stories than this to tell in the near future; how human nature works...

Angel _09

OK, two true stories. One is a Drum and one is a "snake" in a tunnel.

First the snake. My crew was running out of money, tools, fuel, food and brains, that was why we were still there. I am gone down trying to panhandle supplies from a supplier. My guys are calling saying all they have left is rice, no salt, no sugar. Next I get a call at days end. My guys said that on their way out the tunnel, going up the steep incline, as they were going up down was coming an alligator. I said " What did you do ?" they had no guns in the tunnel. I got a pause on the cell phone and then he said " WE ATE IT !! ".

Next a steel drum story. I am on Panay working with a coconut plantation, my crew is in Mindanao. We get a phone call, the men are all excited. They found treasure!!! Now some tribals are not that lets say modern. All we could get is treasure a big steel thing. A vault we thought?? Maybe a Wells Fargo box!!! A small vault. We say wait till we get there. Next thing we here is they are bringing the treasure to Panay. NO!! we yell. Sorry we are on ferry with truck and treasure. NO!!!!! STOP!! Next we are at ferry port in Iloilo with truck and treasure thing. They drive right up to the plantation so proud of treasure in the truck. It's a steel drum. With a detonator on the side. IT'S A FREAKING DEPTHCHARGE AND IT IS STILL ARMED WITH THE PISTON!!!!!!!!!. Well we cut the side out with a bolo knife and hammer. We now know how many pounds of black powder and lead counterbalance weight is inside a Jap depthcharge. The black powder made a few good fireworks. How the @#$% these guys got onto a ferry with a depthcharge in the back of the truck totally puzzles me. Like where was the security.

Zobex

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread