2008 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( Japanese) TREASURE

nugget

May 2, 2005
2005 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( JAPS) TREASURE

goldlilly said:
Heres some recent photos of markers taken in and around Baguio.
the first picture is of a turtlr emerging from the ground .... note the indellible nostrils and the eye sockets ... beside what appears to be a standing stone

The second is a negative of the first image and it clearly shows that the standing stone is actually a shark .... which means the Jap Navy was here (and they go deep)

the third image is of a marking not visible in these photos ... but its indellibly etched on to the turtles back

the fourth image is of the direction that they are facing and the fifth a negative of the fourth

goldlily,

this picture i took looks the same format as yours, an emerging turtle head maybe, notice the nostrils and the eye.....the two eye plus another filled small hole forms a triangle.....looking at the side you can see clearly an emergin turle head....the size of the boulder is less a cubic meter.....this tutle faces east....at the opposite side is a creek....what is this means...

thank you

Attachments

• turtle head close up.jpg
    turtle head close up.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,179
  • turtle head front view.jpg
    turtle head front view.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 3,892
  • turtle head front maybe.jpg
    turtle head front maybe.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,304
  • turtle head side emerging maybe.jpg
    turtle head side emerging maybe.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 3,015

kaloy

Aug 21, 2005
Detector(s) used
gemini 3, TM 808

emily homma said:
"Maenaseki" ?

I am not an expert but try this...
They used katakana to transliterate non-Japanese terms or names. That could be a Filpino name or name of the landowner that time the map was made. It could be "Maynasek", Mayenaseki, or any local word in the dialect that is close to that pronunciation.

Another meaning could be, and that should not be maenaseki but MAENOSEKI where the cross -looking character should be just a "slash sign". ...then that term could mean "the position before" or the "front position" or "front desk". Find out which meaning is most applicable.

Emily...just browsing

thanks a lot.....these ideas are of great help.

i have seen in an online translator that 'seki' means mansion, or hut.
so perhaps maenaseki could be a name of a mansion or a building.

what about misuru? kita? kuhisozu? thanks......

emily homma

Jan 15, 2006

"seki" according to my partner may mean not only position, desk or place but also gate...and yes, house too.

"kotobukiya"...the "ya " ending usually means "shop" or "store"; "kotobuki" he said, means "extreme happiness". The kanji of kotobukiya is always written on money envelopes or money gifts in Japan. If it is a one whole word, it could be a proper noun, name of a shop; or common, "store of extreme happiness"...which means, you have some things there that could give you extreme happiness?

English letters or Romaji had long been used as one of the Japanese writing systems even before WW2. It was just banned during WW2. Why they used English letters instead of kanji or hiragana for that word is still puzzling to me.

"kita" means North.

"misuru"? sounds like--- make a mistake..."mis-suru".

Show us the katakana characters, please.

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005

Hi to all T.H.,

I've been reading postings for the last few weeks, and I found it so very interesting in a way that most of the topics are about signs, places, techniques, interpretations, translations, books and fake objects; but I have never read about any system on how to pinpoint specific location where an object might be hidden. I also have not read any procedures in digging, from the top up to the point of recovery of the object, which gives me an impression that most (not all) are just doing a wild goose chase.
A true hunter for a span of 20 years at least should have a tangible story (stories) TO SHARE WITH OTHER FELLOW HUNTERS.
I, for a starter, will give my personal account about my previous projects, not for boasting or whatever purposes, but to give inspiration to some other hunters.
1. For the first 3 - 5 feet, a tangible marker will be visible. It will be undisputable to anybody who will saw it.
2. One type of dowsing tool (not all dowsing-only one type) will give you the exact location either it is 7 meters or deeper depth.
3. A two box detector will function effectively at the distance of 15 feet in open air.
4. Underneath, this two box detector will function to the max. of 14 feet depending on the type of soil.
5. Depth of an average treasure is approximately 7 meters.
6. Average expenses for this type of project is approximately 100K pesos only, provided no filperage on the part of the treasurer.

Angel_09

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Angel_09,

These are my comments/opinion on your treasure observation...

1) First 3-5 feet you can see tangible marker...
I disagree bcoz NOT ALL SITES are like that....some buried sites, the japs rock marker are just on top, clearly visible above ground...not all had a buried marker...( i had pictures of recovered treasure with above ground rock marker X recovered at few feet depth...or inside the rock/boulder marker itself)

2) One dowsing tool is effective.....
I disagree...ALL DOWSING TOOL ARE INEFFECTIVE...its just a gravity stick...it will turn right/left due to gravity... ;D

3) 2-box detector can detect at depth of 5-14 feet....
Correct/Wrong.....Corect it can detect at certain depth......
Wrong....you will never know if its gold or not....unless if you are a well trained and well experience hearing/ground sounding...that you are already expert in analyzing the different sound of buried treasure,gold,voids,tunnels,caves, etc....
Ordinary first time user of 2-box detector can not easily master it...unless you have 10-20 years of experience hearing'sounding buried treasure (who does?) and you can already differentiate the difference from ordinary buried metal junks, voids, tunnel, etc...

4) Depth of average treasure 7 meters.....
I disagree....NO PROOF OF STUDIES or evidence that it is indeed the average depth....in fact the recovered treasure is very well kept secret....so is the depth...you can't even know who is the successful guys who recovered the treasure...average depth pa?

5) Average digging expense 100K
I disagree...no scientific studies or evidence....thats the average....some treasure hunters exaggerate exepenses...some minimize to avoid embarassment...

kaloy

Aug 21, 2005
Detector(s) used
gemini 3, TM 808

emily homma said:
"seki" according to my partner may mean not only position, desk or place but also gate...and yes, house too.

"kotobukiya"...the "ya " ending usually means "shop" or "store"; "kotobuki" he said, means "extreme happiness". The kanji of kotobukiya is always written on money envelopes or money gifts in Japan. If it is a one whole word, it could be a proper noun, name of a shop; or common, "store of extreme happiness"...which means, you have some things there that could give you extreme happiness?

English letters or Romaji had long been used as one of the Japanese writing systems even before WW2. It was just banned during WW2. Why they used English letters instead of kanji or hiragana for that word is still puzzling to me.

"kita" means North.

"misuru"? sounds like--- make a mistake..."mis-suru".

Show us the katakana characters, please.

i'll send you the portion of the map where those characters are written.....

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006

goldlilly said:
Nugget ... Kamusta.

Interesting object ... well spotted.

From the photo .... it appears that there are two types of stone ... a cement layer encasing a much harder squareish rock. There appears to be other features such as the left foot almost buried and perhaps more of the body just under the surface. I think you should try uncover a few more inches around it.

The triangle on the nose (to me anyway) says dig down. and by Angels reckoning there should be another indicator within 3 - 5 feet depth.

Zobex ... What is your opinion on turtle markers ???

Well consider what the turtle means to the Jap culture prior to the WW2. It is the mother, bringer of life from sea to land, lives in the reigon between water and land. Good luck (and taste good).

So the site is wet, that figures, it's near water. Is a general guide but not an absolute marker. I have seen two turtles that were made of cement. One on a shore line and it was pure cement, but fully the beach also had a cement ramp under the sand that was built like a landing ramp. The island was remote, private and small. No treasure at the turtle but was found some 1000 meters inland (not my find, we just provided the security/guns). The other was inside a cave and I believe I posted earlier, against my advise (which turned out to be wrong :P, it contained 2 75kg bars inside. BUT the hunters did not realize that the set of cut stone stairs in the tunnel that preceeded the turtle were markers of something bigger farther in. The turtle must have been as a pre deposit for early wealth and operating expenses.

At first I was somewhat skeptical of this rock but it definatly looks to be enhanced by man. Those insert rocks that look like eyes and the third on the side I doubt were inserted by man. It appears to be a limestone type of rock and natural inclusions of small harder stones is not uncommon. It looks like some man has taken a natural rock they found and used it markings to enhance into a code marker. Maybe the took limestone rock and crushed it to powder, made decoy cement and then smeared it on another rock, then embedded the stones as eyes etc. Would have to examine it in person to tell.

I don't think it is an "x marks the spot" marker. Maybe a guide marker. A lot of work to still do to decide if yes or no on this site. BUT I would definately record and log all I did see here.

My 2 peso worth.

Zobex

Attachments

• Ponder.gif
    Ponder.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 2,395

kaloy

Aug 21, 2005
Detector(s) used
gemini 3, TM 808

Zobex,

I am not as knowledgeable as you when it comes to treasure markers. wil you pls give an example of " X marks thespot" marker. thanks

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005

Hi Gboy,

Thanks for your comments/opinion. You are entitled for it. If you think I'm wrong, I can't change your mind since you based your conclusions on your personal experience.
What I've written, is "based on my personal account"; meaning, I've gone through all of these before I posted it.

It there are other situations, scenarios and conclusions done by other hunters that differs from mine, I will not negate it, but will analyze and apply it to gain additional knowledge from their experiences.

hasta la vista,
Angel_09

Edong

Aug 2, 2005
california

Dear Angel-09, how you doing man? i just got back from a short vacation, and at the same time i dig a little guess what i found a 3 inch nail stick to round concrete i need you help for these thanks Ed

Attachments

• 12-1-06 11\'00\'09 PM.JPG
    12-1-06 11\'00\'09 PM.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,416
  • 12-1-06 11\'01\'00 PM.JPG
    12-1-06 11\'01\'00 PM.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,458
  • 12-1-06 11\'02\'39 PM.JPG
    12-1-06 11\'02\'39 PM.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,559
  • 12-1-06 11\'00\'09 PM.JPG
    12-1-06 11\'00\'09 PM.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,386
  • 12-1-06 11\'01\'00 PM.JPG
    12-1-06 11\'01\'00 PM.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,414
  • 12-1-06 11\'02\'39 PM.JPG
    12-1-06 11\'02\'39 PM.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,437

greenapple

Dec 1, 2006

to all th,
first of all good happy hunting to all,im a new comer here,and been lurking just around the corner for almost two weeks now before finally decided to join the flock.reading back and forth in this forum gives me alot of brain
about th,how i wished to have join tn some years back i could have been rich by now.by the way im from the southern tip of PI.again regards to all TH

krugger

Greenie
Jul 7, 2006

nugget

nice pic tol, my personal opinion based on ur pic there were three possible markers in that boulder. triangle, turtle and V marker. triangle marker u need to get the compass bearing. turtle marker, the marker itself for me it cannot be coz only head is shown eventhough the head is facing east but still the marker itself is incomplete. V marker still not clearly carved to form V sign.

If u believed and convince that it is a turtle marker so u can try to dig 3 meters east from the turle sign, but if it is a V marker u can also try to dig 5 meters backward . my personal choice is the triangle marker but we need to knw 1st the bearing.

krugger

kaloy

Aug 21, 2005
Detector(s) used
gemini 3, TM 808

Japs THs:

Just want to ask for your inputs if this rock a treasure marker or not. ty

Attachments

• rock t.JPG
    rock t.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 5,124
  • rock t.JPG
    rock t.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 4,718

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005

Dear Ed,

I could not understand how the nail was stuck to the concrete as you descirbed, in our place we call your nail a spike, i have heard stories that if in a downward angle, the tip would be pointing to the spot where you have to dig, i heard it would be a shallow target. hope this helps. HH

God Bless,

Jose

Edong

Aug 2, 2005
california

hi!Joe, how you doing?and thanks for asking, actually the nail was stick in to a round molded concrete about 6inch dia. meter,and around 18 inch long on top of the concrete there's a letter S,and in the middle was the head of a nail next line down was a #218,and inside by the middle of the concrete has a barbwire in line with the end of the nail,and it has a lengh about 14 inches long the nail was only 3 inch long it looks rusty,and seemto me was a galvanize metal, but after i soak it in vinegar oil they show-up a shinny metallic similar to platinum color of metal here's a photo

Attachments

• 12-3-06 7\'51\'34 AM.JPG
    12-3-06 7\'51\'34 AM.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 12-3-06 7\'51\'34 AM.JPG
    12-3-06 7\'51\'34 AM.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 3,298

Edong

Aug 2, 2005
california

Edchato said:
hi!Joe, how you doing?and thanks for asking, actually the nail was stick in to a round molded concrete about 6inch dia. meter,and around 18 inch long on top of the concrete there's a letter S,and in the middle was the head of a nail next line down was a #218,and inside by the middle of the concrete has a barbwire in line with the end of the nail,and it has a lengh about 14 inches long the nail was only 3 inch long it looks rusty,and seemto me was a galvanize metal, but after i soak it in vinegar oil they show-up a shinny metallic similar to platinum color of metal here's a photo
i forgot to mention that the nail has square head so as the body(four corner)

Attachments

• 12-2-06 8\'06\'59 PM.JPG
    12-2-06 8\'06\'59 PM.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 3,281

jonesindy

May 23, 2006

Ed,

Just my 2 cents worth, trace back the cadastral surveys conducted in the area. It might give you some hints.

Regards,

jones

krugger

Greenie
Jul 7, 2006

guys can u help us determine what kind of small metal shown in the picture below? here are the sizes of two metals: L 6.3 cm., W 1 cm., H .4 cm. and 19.54 grams. L 7 cm., W .5 cm., H .3 cm. and 11.81 grams. These metals accidentally dug in the farmlot of my fren near sea side. pic # 3 is the wrapper used to wrapped each metal. these metals estimated more than ton which was put inside a hardwood box (palutsina box).

krugger

Attachments

• small metal 1a.jpg
    small metal 1a.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,824
  • small metal 3a.jpg
    small metal 3a.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 2,818
  • small metal 2a.jpg
    small metal 2a.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2,775

nugget

May 2, 2005

guys,

thanks for all the feedback regarding the "turtle head" marker i posted....ill get back to further investigate....

peace

nugget

May 2, 2005

krugger goldlily and zobex

thanks for the turtle interpretation..

krugger

the smaller and longer object i beleive you have silver tol,,,,based on the dimension and weight, the density is 11.24 gms/cm3.....and silver is on this range....and the contaminants maybe a gold that made it a little dense...it is still a fortune...

the bigger and the shorter object...im still researching it...

Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread