Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Mr Curiosity

In short the Name Bank of Malaya ceased to exist by 1938. The name had changed to The oriental bank of Malaysia. The bank was founded by Bastianpillai Paul Nicholas see below...

220px-BP_Nicholas.jpg

All British colonial gold in Malaya was taken to Singapore then shipped via Australia and New New Zealand to pay for war munitions from United States. Thus I suspect it is fake as bank of Malaya was never a depositary for gold.

One question is the letters of code indented or raised?

Crow

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why don't you try to fire assay it in a laboratory ? in Davao, it will cost you around P 1,300 Philippine persos (29.55 us dollars)

OP
OP
M

mr.curiousity

Sep 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr.crow
Thanks for the information..

All letter are capital like this
BANK OF MALAYA
Then in the lower part it has 085 code 999.9 a.u then sign of Japanese or china I'm not sure for this letter .
I saw this picture in social networking site..then I was post this

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Mr Curiousity then it is fake. The bank of Malaya did not exist after 1938 to be looted by the Japanese in 1941.

Crow

nandz

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, one time a gold holder wanted to sell gold to me, so I instruct them to bring it to my gold mining plant. The condition was no melt/assay, no pay. The bar delivered has a marking of BANK OF MALAYA. The result was this bar is LEAD plated with very thin gold or other metallic substance with colored gold. THE ITEM IS A FAKE !!!

gerardoalco

Greenie
Dec 12, 2014
ncr
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s there any history that tells that bank of malaya didn't do gold deposits? what if the gold bar has 5 star and saying bank of malaya?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a WWII history nut, Nippon/Japan didn't just start doing dirty deeds in 1941 they started years earlier in the 30's where they had a war ongoing with China and had taken control of several smaller neighboring countries for resources. Also someone mentioned gold stored there then moved to pay for American goods but then contradicted themselves by saying the place wasn't a depository..well what else is a place called where gold is deposited and held, a large piggy bank perhaps? As others suggested have it tested, its the only way to be certain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread