Anyone else get a PM from "Dexter Kevin" ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Anyone else get a PM from a "Dexter Kevin" ? Let me guess: He will eventually steer the conversation to investing in his venture ? But not to worry: The Yamashita treasure "is most certainly there". And no doubt (like all the other dreamers of this ghost story), he'll have a "most certain" map. Plus symbols, codes, cryptrograms, etc...... Yup, that's the ticket ! :hello: Ok, where do I send my money ?? :tongue3:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone else get a PM from a "Dexter Kevin" ? Let me guess: He will eventually steer the conversation to investing in his venture ? But not to worry: The Yamashita treasure "is most certainly there". And no doubt (like all the other dreamers of this ghost story), he'll have a "most certain" map. Plus symbols, codes, cryptrograms, etc...... Yup, that's the ticket ! :hello: Ok, where do I send my money ?? :tongue3:
+

Thanks for the heads up; If I hear from him, I'll send him my money and yours too, so you're covered and can owe me...

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Got another PM from the fellow. Here's the exchange:

Dexter Kevin: "Let me ask you a simple question sir. If it don't exist why would the Philippine government and Japanese government will have an agreement? "

My reply back: Well then let me turn the tables back on you: ANY treasure (no matter how dreamy) will *always* have "iron-clad" true facts. That, upon first reading, seem to make the story un-assailable. But you are failing to ask the critical skeptical questions Dexter !

With logic like yours, then ANY conspiracy theory, no matter how flimsy, be bullet-proof true. Because they all have their "agreements", and "faded newspaper clippings" and the iron-clad stories of "he said she said".

I fear that no amount of counter-persuasion is going to work on you. If I debunked this "agreement" you allude to, to show that it has other explanations, or doesn't exist, you'd still not be convinced. So too is it with all treasure stories and their faithful believers.

If you want to get a bunch more to chase: Just pick up any back issues of treasure magazines from the 1960s and '70s, that were printed in the USA. Each edition was packed full of treasure stories. And each one had all the "facts" to back it up, and start you off in the right direction. All you had to do was un-ravel a coded mystery, blah blah. "Lost Mines", and "bankrobber loot", etc.... All fun reading. A buddy of mine even submitted one of the stories. All made up. But he got the $50 publication fee. Hey: throw in a few faded newspaper clippings, and a drawing of a miner posed next to his buro, then .... by golly .... it must be true, right ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread