help

OP
OP
J

jonhjothurs

Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is the form where many symbols located sir..
20160609_110254.jpg

Attachments

• 20160609_110253.jpg
    20160609_110253.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon. As for sketches. Difficult for me to translate because it's your interpretations. Send me clean pictures of the rocks in my email. [email protected]
As far as your sketches go? I do think you have treasure there. Read my pm I sent you. These cannot just be dug up by detecting and digging straight down to the vaults. IJA designed these sites very booby trapped and gold will just fall down holes if they are not dug properly. That is why most people even they spend millions of pesos excavating are still unsuccessful.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Why do you guys keep thinking that :

a) Any symbol, and funny shape or graffiti, and/or past working-usage of a fixed object that left a mark: ALL MUST MEAN there's a treasure ? Why can't it simply be: A symbol meaning nothing ? (whether man-made or random natural coincidental shape). Or a graffiti meaning nothing (other than "John loves Suzy"). Or a past random workmanship into a fixed object, for someone, at the time, who had been there doing something else?

b) Jonhjothurs: while you may own the site, and while it may be private, how do you know that 100 yrs. earlier, someone didn't leave a random scribble there, or random carving on a rock, that meant nothing ? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's been human population on your land for 1000+ yrs. That's a LOT of time for past passing persons to leave marks. And those marks do NOT have to mean "treasure", do they ?

c) Why do you guys keep thinking that everywhere the Japanese stopped in WWII to rest or take a leak, that this necessarily means "treasure" ? Since when is that ?

d) And don't forget: There's plenty of historian experts who debunk the whole thing to begin with. I will quote those here in the next post.

e) Doesn't it occur to you guys that , while you are "so sure" that your particular cave or land or jungle zone "is sure to be the spot", that SO TOO has there been OODLES of other hunters who, like you, find "curious symbols" at random places around the country there. And THEY TOO have maps passed down to them from supposed eyewitnesses. And THEY TOO have grandfather's who told them an old yarn about something they overheard in a bar after the war, blah blah blah. In other words: treasure stories are a dime-a-dozen. The telephone game is at play here. And the human psychology of wanting SO HARD to believe in the myths (lest you be "left out") is definitely seen in this Yamashita thing.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Historian Skeptics question the whole thing to begin with. Taken from wiki:

"Though accounts that the treasure remains hidden in the Philippines have lured treasure hunters from around the world for over fifty years, its existence is dismissed by most experts.[1][2][3] .....

University of the Philippines professor Ricardo Jose has questioned the theory that treasure from mainland South East Asia was transported to the Philippines: "By 1943 the Japanese were no longer in control of the seas... It doesn't make sense to bring in something that valuable here when you know it's going to be lost to the Americans anyway. The more rational thing would have been to send it to Taiwan or China."[10]

Philippines National Historical Institute chairman and historian Ambeth Ocampo commented: “Two of the wealth myths I usually encounter are the Yamashita treasure and gossip that the Cojuangco fortune was founded on a bag of money…” Ocampo also said: "For the past 50 years many people, both Filipinos and foreigners, have spent their time, money and energy in search of Yamashita's elusive treasure.” Professor Ocampo noted “What makes me wonder is that for the past 50 years, despite all the treasure hunters, their maps, oral testimony and sophisticated metal detectors, nobody has found a thing.”

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, it is no different than any other treasure legend, if they wish to believe it, it is their right.....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom, it is no different than any other treasure legend, if they wish to believe it, it is their right.....

Yes. People have the right to believe it. I hope they don't think I was saying they DON'T have the right. Naturally they do. And they put out the clues they have for in-put, and they get input. Whether skeptical (offering alternative explanations), or views that agree. But yes: at the end of the day: Sure, we will all choose what to believe.

OP
OP
J

jonhjothurs

Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I believe yamashita treasure..
watch this I witness videos 200km. far from on this site.accidentally found.
GINTONG PAMANA.watch at youtube

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
yes I believe yamashita treasure..
watch this I witness videos 200km. far from on this site.accidentally found.
GINTONG PAMANA.watch at youtube

Did you find some treasure ? Not just video of a site which you believe to contain treasure? But an actual treasure ? If so, yes, please post the link to the video. Or post some pix, etc....

The reason I ask , is that all-too-often, someone comes on saying they "found a treasure". Yet when you read their post closely, it becomes evident that they've actually only found the site they are convinced holds a treasure. Like, they've honed it down a couple of acres of land. Or a certain canyon valley, etc.... And now it's just a matter of honing it down to the exact spot, or digging deep enough, etc...

But in their mind's eyes, this means they've "found a treasure". As if they've actually already found it. So please clarify if you've just found a site you THINK is spot -on. Versus if you've actually pulled up gold and treasure.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom if you found a true treasure would you post pictures of it on a public forum....

OP
OP
J

jonhjothurs

Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes tom I believe that Yamauez that no grind stones in the Philippines. They harvested rice and sea foods.thats why only Japanese during WWII can do.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom if you found a true treasure would you post pictures of it on a public forum....

He was the one saying "I found such and such.." ;) So the same question you pose could even be said of someone even going so far as to just say "I found a treasure" . Whether or not they posted a picture. Ie.: wouldn't they be afraid of even saying only that?

But to answer your question, people post pictures in the show and tell on the Forum all the time. Yes, even valuable goodies get shown on the Forum.

Not that someone couldn't have the logic you speak of. But at a certain point, the line of reasoning that you speak of, could be set to bolster any claim. And make it un-assailable, etc....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes tom I believe that Yamauez that no grind stones in the Philippines. They harvested rice ....

Well it's sort of a moot point now anyhow. As to whether a rock formation is the result of grinding ( food preparation in antiquity) or not. The origin of that rock is now a moot point. Because as you say, you found the treasure.

So is it as TH'r says? That you can't show a pix d/the fear of thieves, tax collectors, etc .... ?

OP
OP
J

jonhjothurs

Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last time I am uploaded a heart shape stone but I think is is not clear.now I send the new position of a heart shape sign.
IMG_20160513_150131.jpg
please comment and help me thanks export.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was the one saying "I found such and such.." ;) So the same question you pose could even be said of someone even going so far as to just say "I found a treasure" . Whether or not they posted a picture. Ie.: wouldn't they be afraid of even saying only that?

But to answer your question, people post pictures in the show and tell on the Forum all the time. Yes, even valuable goodies get shown on the Forum.

Not that someone couldn't have the logic you speak of. But at a certain point, the line of reasoning that you speak of, could be set to bolster any claim. And make it un-assailable, etc....

Those are small individual finds not treasures, when is last time a member posted pictures of finding gold worth millions... Can't use the 1715 fleet either, they are hunting on treasure leased land and required by law to report them....

Anyone posting pictures of finding millions in treasure would be a fool to post pictures...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Those are small individual finds not treasures, when is last time a member posted pictures of finding gold worth millions......

I understand the logic . And sort expected this answer back. That a coin worth $3k, is not the same as a jar of gold coins worth $100k. Hence the finder will fear the IRS, thieves, claims of ownership by others, etc.....

But this answer always presents a road-block to discussing the ability of various TH'ing topics. Topics @ methods, technology, research, etc.... Because as you can surmise: One of the bottom-line debate-enders, is going to be : "What are the results ?" Because naturally no one can argue with the proof in the pudding, eh ?

I ran up against the discussion-ender challenge with dowsers. They need not show any proof, because, ... well, it's as you say: They're finding "big ticket game", not solo small-time coins. Aaarggh.

Thus this answer perfectly stymies all discussion as to the validity of stories, claims, methods, tech, etc.... Not saying that on a case by case scenario it might not be someone's true answer. But on the other hand, you can also see how it can be used to bolster the most far-out claims imaginable.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who cares, I personally don't..... If someone wants to hunt a legend, more power to them, if they said they found a treasure, good for them too.... No one is required to show proof of anything and if they are smart and found a treasure they would be a fool to advertise it... If other members don't believe the legend or that someone found a treasure that is their right too as long as they do not attack, mock or harass them...

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Who cares, I personally don't..... If someone wants to hunt a legend, more power to them, if they said they found a treasure, good for them too.... No one is required to show proof of anything and if they are smart and found a treasure they would be a fool to advertise it... If other members don't believe the legend or that someone found a treasure that is their right too as long as they do not attack, mock or harass them...

Like wasn't strong enough. All I have to say is Amen!

OP
OP
J

jonhjothurs

Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasure hunter and audigger your right I agree for that.my problem now is I need a help on how to read my uploaded sign..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions