Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2016
Philippines
Detector(s) used
OKM Rover C II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

My hobby is searching for Yamashita Treasure from WWII in the Philippines.
I have come across 200 small maps indicating "Targets".
I have scanned the red square area with 3 different scanners and have all located metal, precious metal and AU, though I have not dug it yet.

The symbols are not Japanese but are codes and would like to know what they mean.
I can find targets easily with metal detectors now but I think the map explains the entrance to the tunnels, how deep, and so on.

Can someone please help me?

[email protected]
View attachment Map1.pdf
View attachment Map2.pdf
View attachment Map3.pdf
View attachment Map4.pdf

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

My hobby is searching for Yamashita Treasure from WWII in the Philippines.
I have come across 200 small maps indicating "Targets".
I have scanned the red square area with 3 different scanners and have all located metal, precious metal and AU, though I have not dug it yet.

The symbols are not Japanese but are codes and would like to know what they mean.
I can find targets easily with metal detectors now but I think the map explains the entrance to the tunnels, how deep, and so on.

Can someone please help me?

[email protected]
View attachment 1392844
View attachment 1392845
View attachment 1392846
View attachment 1392847

I think you be best severed determine what you have is real to start with? The image maps blown up photographs looks like they have been drawn with artline textures. They was first developed in Japan 1966 a good 21 year after WW2. Thus I leave to connect the dots......

Mal

OP
OP
A

accesstakashi

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2016
Philippines
Detector(s) used
OKM Rover C II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you be best severed determine what you have is real to start with? The image maps blown up photographs looks like they have been drawn with artline textures. They was first developed in Japan 1966 a good 21 year after WW2. Thus I leave to connect the dots......

Mal

Hi Mal,

Thanks for your view. The carbon dating on the fabric is 1944 according to the owner of the maps.
The last one the texture is like used for umbrella. Its the same church as the first one.
We have found scanned the church and the 2nd map and have gotten positive result.
Its Christmas season so there is always people there and will talk to the priest early next year.
The target in the second map, we will use another detector and get further verification since digging costs money.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... The carbon dating on the fabric is 1944 according to the owner of the maps.

For starters, correct me if I'm wrong, but "carbon dating" hones things down to CENTURIES, or millenias, not individual years. (like for dinosaur bones and so forth). You might be getting hood-winked by someone wishing to sell you something. Did you buy these ? If so, how do you know that wasn't just a sales-pitch ?

And you say "200 maps" !! ?? Are they all different locations/depictions ? If so, let me guess: Yamashita "buried in 200 different treasure locations", eh ?

OP
OP
A

accesstakashi

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2016
Philippines
Detector(s) used
OKM Rover C II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For starters, correct me if I'm wrong, but "carbon dating" hones things down to CENTURIES, or millenias, not individual years. (like for dinosaur bones and so forth). You might be getting hood-winked by someone wishing to sell you something. Did you buy these ? If so, how do you know that wasn't just a sales-pitch ?

And you say "200 maps" !! ?? Are they all different locations/depictions ? If so, let me guess: Yamashita "buried in 200 different treasure locations", eh ?

Hi Tom in CA,
No one is trying to sell the maps.
My friend has about 200 of these maps with location names.
He said he had it carbon dated. It was given to him from a former governor of the area who died. For me its not relevent.
I'm just saying we found positive scanning result where the red boxes are and just wanted to know what the symbols mean.
We even found an entrance to a tunnel which we screwed up and filled up with water.
Just curious.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
accesstakashi, thanx for the answer. Are you aware of the thousands of circulating maps for this treasure ? Search google for awhile, and you'll see that everyone who's looked for it, or invested in it, etc.... have "maps". And like yours, supposedly all with pedigree lineage back to "such & such soldier who was Yamashita's personal aid" (or driver, or maid, or scout, or person who dug the holes, etc...).

And each one who.... like yourself .... got it from another person, will pass down the story of how it was passed down for the last 70 yrs. till now (hence how can you doubt ?). But stop and think: If you've got hundreds or thousands of these maps being passed around, don't think for a second that maybe (just maybe) they could be some doubts ?

I'm sure you'd agree that spurious maps are bandied about. But you're probably going to say that "yours are the exception" and yours are the "real mcCoy", right ? Stop and think for a moment: So too does every single other map holder think the same thing. Theirs is the legitimate one. And the others (including yours) are the silly made up ones. Right ?

Either that, or you're going to have to come up with the notion that there are simply hundreds or thousands of individual treasures out there. And have the notion that "no maps are the result of gimmicks to entice investors" .

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
There was a true story of a guy that got killed , by other TH'rs, while looking for the Lost Dutchman's mine here in the USA. Word had circulated among fellow Dutchman TH'rs, that this new guy in the area "... had a map" he was boasting about. So some other TH'rs killed him, to get the map. Turns out the map was simply cut out of a TH'r magazine page. Ie.: ANYONE could have gotten this "map", from a magazine rack Treasure magazine of the 1970's era.

But to this starry eyed TH'r, his map was somehow unique, beyond question, etc... So too do the other TH'rs who got wind of a "new guy in town possessing a map", never doubt for a moment that "it must be true" so "we have to get a hold of this", blah blah.

See how "maps" tend to become "beyond question", whenever one surfaces ?

OP
OP
A

accesstakashi

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2016
Philippines
Detector(s) used
OKM Rover C II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
accesstakashi, thanx for the answer. Are you aware of the thousands of circulating maps for this treasure ? Search google for awhile, and you'll see that everyone who's looked for it, or invested in it, etc.... have "maps". And like yours, supposedly all with pedigree lineage back to "such & such soldier who was Yamashita's personal aid" (or driver, or maid, or scout, or person who dug the holes, etc...).

And each one who.... like yourself .... got it from another person, will pass down the story of how it was passed down for the last 70 yrs. till now (hence how can you doubt ?). But stop and think: If you've got hundreds or thousands of these maps being passed around, don't think for a second that maybe (just maybe) they could be some doubts ?

I'm sure you'd agree that spurious maps are bandied about. But you're probably going to say that "yours are the exception" and yours are the "real mcCoy", right ? Stop and think for a moment: So too does every single other map holder think the same thing. Theirs is the legitimate one. And the others (including yours) are the silly made up ones. Right ?

Either that, or you're going to have to come up with the notion that there are simply hundreds or thousands of individual treasures out there. And have the notion that "no maps are the result of gimmicks to entice investors" .

Hi Tom in CA,
Thanks for the advise. I never trust Filipinos and I only trust the scanned data I get at the site. Its just interesting that this guy has about 200 small maps on cloth each with names of locations. I wish I could read the symbols but its not Japanese but are codes. I have actually been to 2 sites and have found a good scan data. Please see the attached.
I don't buy anything or give any money to Filipinos, I just pay for backhoe and water pumps just for few days for each project.
It doesn't cost that much. But I haven't found anything yet hahaha.
1946450901.jpg 494195681.jpg

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree. no one can recover a treasure when it is located below the water table. i have seen one area where even so many powerful pumps cannot even drain the area . its an endless supply of water that even with the presence of so many submersible pumps, they cannot even drain a 60 feet of water at any given time.

it makes you think how you can beat the japanese in their own area of mysteries and cunning engineering design. i once thought of using a steel casing enough for a person to go down, but it was not my area and it was only a wishful thinking.

to prevent the cement vault from going beyond the water table, do not let the cement vault fall into the water table.

if the item is already located below the water table, i dont know how to beat that. the japanese placed the items using a 45 degree angle to bypass the water table. japanese are good locators of aquifers and underground rivers like us. only that we dont know how to reverse engineer what they did and we dont know how to recover it. it makes me think i should have enrolled and aspired to be an engineer during my younger days in order to recover the yamashita treasure.

if the item has already slided or transferred to the water table (usually upon falling on the 3rd try or 4th try), its already unrecoverable. its already under the sand and gravel aquifer or underground river (conduits). we usually say its goodbye philippines when the cement vault slides below the water table. goodbye our gold. so near yet so far.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and here is tom again with this negative attitude again. that one is lying.

do you want a wager tom? ill let u see a cement vault at 4 feet or 6 feet.we can excavate it. and take pictures of it. i will let u select which area you want. these are the areas we have not touched because i do not own the lands on which these cement vaults are found. but i want you to bring all your geophysical equipments (all equipments you can bring)so that you will see how it will vanish before your own eyes. let us put 100,000 us dollars each on the bank of your own choice. we can execute an escrow agreement with the bank manager inside the bank premises. you select the bank.

if you found im lying, you will have my 100,000 usd. if you can see that cement vault and it will slide to another location, i win. let us put it in a bank of your own choice in an escrow based agreement. you can bring your video but no tv channels please. of course, a bank representative of the bank of your own choice will be there during the excavation . hire a lawyer so everything will be legal. the escrow arrangement will be drafted by your own lawyer so it becomes a binding contract. you select the bank and the lawyer all you want.

let us agree on a date like 3 months from now. i will raise that money first before we wager so i can have a wager to counter your wager. let us agree on a date.

if you dont agree with my dare, it means you are only interested on discrediting all legitimate and authentic treasure hunters in the philippines. it makes me wonder about your motive for commenting and discreditng treasure hunters

i want to prove you wrong that you only gain experience in yamashita treasure hunting through reading in yamashita treasure forums. i want to throw an evidence to you to prove that yamashita treasures exist only that they cannot be recovered by an ordinary mortal or treasure hunter. as sir 666 said, it took a battalion or 10,000 men to bury that treasure. it means it cannot be recovered by a single or even a few individuals. when you see that evidence for yourself and record the said evidence of sliding vault and cement, the next time you say im lying when i post here , i want to show to everybody (the recorded videos where you are present and when the vault slided) that you are lying despite all the evidence that you have seen and recorded during our wager.

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
WAIT A minute let me get this straight .....as the story goes the book of maps MR matsumoto has it ....word has it 172 maps .....guy alive ask him ...g boy??? say 172 sites if wrong this is what i remember from along time back in the real world .....that photo what GPR ....what someboby copy the maps and added the testament which version the king james ????? i dont know nothing about GPR ....somebody told u u had a target ????? odds are one map maybe 200 your dreaming ....so u had a target and u dug down and found nothing ?????,,,,,was that target ground area rich in carbon ,gold ore powder size,, black sand ,,,, salt the list go on for ever ??? u ever think might of u dug right thru the target ??? last time i remember carbon what they use on large electric relays conducts really really good .... so lets add up the facts real targets are real .... no treasure found the target wasnt real ..map wasnt real .. site wasnt real ....did u have a real target ????? who read that GPR or whatever that is the guy that sold the unit ,,,,,try another map waste some more money i only hope u prove me wrong ...

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
lets say it was a single coin or nugget did u check the soil and rocks u removed from that hole ....???? next time u do all this do a soil test every 1foot where u thought that photo shows the target was ... your near a big city there be a place to test if your in a mining area go to the nearest mine and talk to them they be glad to tell u what in the ground in that area ...that company that sold u that unit what they say ???? show them that photo ....do not make the same mistakes twice and good luck (that target shape looks natural not man made to me )

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
renantagum, let's dissect this piece by piece :

... tom again with this negative attitude....

Let me understand: To differ from someone else's opinion, is defined as "negative". Ok, then by that definition: You too are negative Right ? Since you also disagree with my position. Eh? Ie.: the finger points both ways.

.... one is lying.....

No. ON THE CONTRARY. I do not think you are "lying". I know you are quite sincere. To believe someone is MISTAKEN is not to say they are LYING. "Lying" is a deliberate action. And no ... you are not guilty of that. I do not doubt for a moment that you sincerely believe in this treasure. Ok. So has the air been cleared about that now ?

.... do you want a wager tom? ill let u see a cement vault at 4 feet or 6 feet.we can excavate it. and take pictures of it.....

The fact of "cement vaults" around the world is not in dispute. There is no wager on "whether or not cement vaults exists" various places in the world.

The wager I would agree to engage you on, is: IF THAT VAULT IS A YAMASHITA TREASURE. But ... alas, you don't own the land. So you can not bring it to the surface. Or ... the water table presents you from lifting it. Or ... it's booby-trapped to sink further when you try, etc... Sure, I get all that. (heaven forbid that more plausible explanations might exist).

But at no point does cement vaults enter our discussion as to "whether or not Yamashita treasures are waiting to be found" . If no one can go to the anomoly you think you've found, to open it up , and look to decide the wager.

.... when you see that evidence for yourself .... .

The wager I would agree to would have to be carefully controlled. Obviously.... because I'm a continent away. And anyone can show a stack of gold bars they said "came from a cement vault that.... on this post ... had never yet been opened as of the time of the 1/19/18 post.

No wager is needed. All you have to do, is do like Mel Fisher did. And simply show the world. But here's where it will break down: You will say that you can't, for fear of the govt., tax consequences, and claim jumpers. Right ? Sure, I get all that. Ok, but then how am I supposed to know ? And supposedly "loose this wager" .

Why would there be a wager for me to come there and see a disappearing cement vault ? How does that prove or dis-prove the Yamashita treasure ? If & when no one's seen (under double blind scrutiny) a single gold object ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....172 maps ........ ...

and every last one of those 172 maps is bullet proof iron-clad true, with stellar lineages. And if you tried to cast any aspersions on any of those maps/people, heaven help you. They've found a squiggle on a rock in the area. Or ... their wand pointed that direction. Or .... fill in the blank. All the other 171 maps are suspect , but not theirs.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
lets say it was a single coin or nugget did u check the soil and rocks u removed from that hole ....???? next time u do all this do a soil test every 1foot where u thought that photo shows the target was ... your near a big city there be a place to test if your in a mining area go to the nearest mine and talk to them they be glad to tell u what in the ground in that area ...that company that sold u that unit what they say ???? show them that photo ....do not make the same mistakes twice and good luck (that target shape looks natural not man made to me )

666, I appreciate your alliance and good humor towards all this discussion (... really !). But as for this cross-examinations of evidences that you suggest should happen: Yes, this shows your analytical thinking that should be applied. So that "clues" COULD be written to "more plausible explanations". That shows you're avoiding the treasure-fever-psychology traps :)

But be aware, in certain geographic locales, that IF the "soil surveys" and "photo reviews", etc.... was in context of "could a treasure exist?" then THAT MERE FACT can start to skew the answers that you get. Ie.: the persons you interview, if they know it's in context of a treasure, will subconsciously (treasure-fever at work) spin their answers in the affirmative position. And even YOU YOURSELF, when compiling various answers, will tend to have subconscious bias to favor the answers that have leaned towards "treasure" . Because, let's face it, .... we ALL want to find treasure.

Example: It's the exact same memory bias that occurs when we read our horoscopes. We think "wow, that was sseeooo accurate". But the truth is, we're subconsciously simply honing in on the parts of the horoscope that came true . And we subconsciously fail to see that they're so general, that they could apply to ANYONE. That's what's known as memory bias, or selective memory.

So too do I fear this can happen if you show up at 3rd country poor villages, "in search of treasure", and start showing persons photos, etc.....

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
to men in black i only remember Dr david biesel 1980 psychohistory classes he wrote the book ,,,and david other history classes ....i know nothing about mental health i might need it soon ...am mechanical engineering type

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread