Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

I'm Talking large unmovable boulders etc, that can't be missed even by someone
out of breath trying to escape capture.

and simply places that stick out.

By all means: When someone goes to bury something, they will, no doubt, have a mental "fixed" object, by with to orient themselves. Eg.: Next to a certain fence post. Or at the base of the chimney. Or next to a big rock, etc... Sure, they have to come back for it later after all.

But then on the other hand, think of the above examples we can all agree on. The trouble is, there are ZILLIONS of fence-posts. There are ZILLIONS of chimneys. There are ZILLIONS of big rocks, etc.... Doh

I would also ad that I have personally found 4 or 5 caches, on commissioned hunts, by families who could not find something a patriarch buried. And in once case, the person himself who buried it, but .... 10 or 15 yrs. later, could not find it. And in EACH case, there was nothing "out of the ordinary" in the eventual locations we found them at. Just simply in barn floors. Or at the corner of the yard. Or under the house in the crawl space. Or under one of dozens of window surrounding a house, etc..... Nothing uncanny. Nothing animal shaped. Nothing mysterious, etc.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By all means: When someone goes to bury something, they will, no doubt, have a mental "fixed" object, by with to orient themselves. Eg.: Next to a certain fence post. Or at the base of the chimney. Or next to a big rock, etc... Sure, they have to come back for it later after all.

But then on the other hand, think of the above examples we can all agree on. The trouble is, there are ZILLIONS of fence-posts. There are ZILLIONS of chimneys. There are ZILLIONS of big rocks, etc.... Doh

I would also ad that I have personally found 4 or 5 caches, on commissioned hunts, by families who could not find something a patriarch buried. And in once case, the person himself who buried it, but .... 10 or 15 yrs. later, could not find it. And in EACH case, there was nothing "out of the ordinary" in the eventual locations we found them at. Just simply in barn floors. Or at the corner of the yard. Or under the house in the crawl space. Or under one of dozens of window surrounding a house, etc..... Nothing uncanny. Nothing animal shaped. Nothing mysterious, etc.....

of course. Nothing is for sure except Death & Taxes.
I'm just saying if someone comes across an Interesting Boulder or
and Landmark Really. Especially if it sits all alone.
if your on a treasure hunt don't just marvel over it being there,
and wonder if it is a sign.
check the area out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions