has it bben found now? video

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm not buying it. Underwater explosive booby traps ? Still poised to explode 70+ yrs. after the war ? I think it's to entice investors into the latest "recovery". There's been NO LACK of such "finds" and persons to invest in them . And in each case, sure, they've always "found" it. And when you pry deeper, they didn't find squat. They only "found" a map, or saw a funny squiggle on a rock, etc... Yet they're utterly certain that all they need to do is dig 100 ft. in that spot, and get past the booby traps, poisonous snakes, etc.... Yet they will always use the word "found" in past tense grammar.

And notice even the article itself says nothing is proven or shown to the world (other than someone's Youtube video).

But I already know the believer's comeback lines: Those persons who found it and made the videos, don't want to attract taxes , thieves, etc... So they are keeping mum. So you can NEVER prove a treasure WASN'T found (that's like proving a negative). But I can show that anecdotally, this type "yamashita's treasure found" lore, is as much a dime a dozen , as are the maps of it floating around.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not buying it. Underwater explosive booby traps ? Still poised to explode 70+ yrs. after the war ? I think it's to entice investors into the latest "recovery". There's been NO LACK of such "finds" and persons to invest in them . And in each case, sure, they've always "found" it. And when you pry deeper, they didn't find squat. They only "found" a map, or saw a funny squiggle on a rock, etc... Yet they're utterly certain that all they need to do is dig 100 ft. in that spot, and get past the booby traps, poisonous snakes, etc.... Yet they will always use the word "found" in past tense grammar.

And notice even the article itself says nothing is proven or shown to the world (other than someone's Youtube video).

But I already know the believer's comeback lines: Those persons who found it and made the videos, don't want to attract taxes , thieves, etc... So they are keeping mum. So you can NEVER prove a treasure WASN'T found (that's like proving a negative). But I can show that anecdotally, this type "yamashita's treasure found" lore, is as much a dime a dozen , as are the maps of it floating around.

But the very comments you make are in respect part of the very problem?

For example no doubt many treasure stories are nothing but Spanish prisoner swindles in various forms Under the guise of buried Treasure. But if some actually believed they on to discovering treasure with very credible evidence they are heaped under the label of con artist or crazy conspiracy theorist are they not?

Yet in those seeking recognition or funding also have duties to provide credible evidence of due cause. While this many seem easy in fact its not. The irony is Photographs, videos and even researched documents can all be faked. Not just with yamashita treasure legend but with many other legends around the world. As we live in a world today its hard to know what is real and what is not.

Even so even if they have pertinent information that they have disclose publicly they are at risk of losing the alleged treasure site to others. As the saying goes just because you find some thing does not mean you have legal ownership.

A sad conundrum is it not?

Mal

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
...... But if some actually believed they on to discovering treasure with very credible evidence...

South sea, if someone were admitting that they are only following clues (albeit "credible" in their mind's eyes): That's one thing. If they say they "found" it, that's another thing. Notice this post & the link is about someone who says they "found" it. Not just "we're close", etc...

..... Yet in those seeking recognition or funding also have duties to provide credible evidence of due cause...

Huh ? Seek "funding" for what ?? If you've already "found" it, what's to seek funding for ?

...Even so even if they have pertinent information that they have disclose publicly they are at risk of losing the alleged treasure site to others. As the saying goes just because you find some thing does not mean you have legal ownership....

You're now contradicting yourself within the space of a single post. See your first quote, where you appear to allude to someone(s) on the verge of finding it (via their "credible evidence", etc...). And now in the above last quote, the funding-need appears to be for LEGAL reasons. Not for "finding it" reasons.

So which is it ? To fund the finding ? or to fund the obtaining of legal ownership of something that was already found ?

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And my sincere apologies to everyone if my comments have taken offense.

But Tom you pump out so much anger Tom.

My comments was only very open generalizations not particularly on the case (link in question. In which you have seemed to have taken it so personally. Then twisted my comments to your agenda.

But perhaps it just my poor understanding of English as it is my second language? If so my apologies While I have no doubt much is true what you say in regards to many such claims. Myself also do put much faith in such claims either. As for the link daily mail not exactly a good newspaper source is it? but what I find disturbing its the Venom that comes across in which you posts Tom ..... It gives me the impression either you got financially burned in the Philippines, a raciest agenda or its your god given duty bash every Philippine post here?

While I am not a treasure hunter and never will be, nor Filipino. In fact I joke I would not know which end of detector to hold ;-) As I have never held a metal detector and proud to say Armchair treasure hunter at best if that. But I do enjoy the yarns posted here in treasure legends. BS or not and treat them as such "legends" as they generally are by the people who have taken the time to post them. After all is this not treasure legends forum is it not? .

As they say at least in American movies Chill out dude:-)

Mal

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !

Hopefully they can get it out without setting off the Explosives,
Or they will have to go Panning there after to Collect it :o

I wonder how much More is still hidden in the Philippines.

Thanks for the Heads Up :hello2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And my sincere apologies to everyone if my comments have taken offense.

But Tom you pump out so much anger Tom.

My comments was only very open generalizations not particularly on the case (link in question. In which you have seemed to have taken it so personally. Then twisted my comments to your agenda.

But perhaps it just my poor understanding of English as it is my second language? If so my apologies While I have no doubt much is true what you say in regards to many such claims. Myself also do put much faith in such claims either. As for the link daily mail not exactly a good newspaper source is it? but what I find disturbing its the Venom that comes across in which you posts Tom ..... It gives me the impression either you got financially burned in the Philippines, a raciest agenda or its your god given duty bash every Philippine post here?

While I am not a treasure hunter and never will be, nor Filipino. In fact I joke I would not know which end of detector to hold ;-) As I have never held a metal detector and proud to say Armchair treasure hunter at best if that. But I do enjoy the yarns posted here in treasure legends. BS or not and treat them as such "legends" as they generally are by the people who have taken the time to post them. After all is this not treasure legends forum is it not? .

As they say at least in American movies Chill out dude:-)

Mal

it's a good thing allot of people are Easily fooled into Not believing in Treasures.

it leaves Plenty for the real Treasure Hunters to find :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jeff

Some of My Crew members are from Philippines like all nations there are good and bad. Most I have met are happy go lucky.

The Philippines has now about 100 million people crammed onto the islands. With poverty in some parts even bad for 3rd word standards one thing always stand out. They nearly always has this almost childish optimism in good cheer about themselves and almost blind faith in things. Yamashita legend for many is more than a just legend? a reason just to get out of bed in morning a chance to dream what if? If you want a treasure map they will get you one, if they cannot get it they will make you one. Yamashita is more than just a treasure legend but a national obsession, its an opportunity and in a country lacking many opportunities we take for granted, perhaps its not a bad thing.

The irony of it all there is treasure in Philippines but perhaps not in context of what they believe.:icon_thumleft:

Mal

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
..... My comments was only very open generalizations not particularly on the case (link in question. In which you have seemed to have taken it so personally. Then twisted my comments ...

Mel, Not angry or pumped or taking anything personally at all. To advance a skeptic's view (an alternative explanation for something being proposed), is a part of forum pro & con communication. Is it not ? Thus no, not mad at all. Appreciate your balanced comments bro !

Yes I realize your comments were generalizations. And I was looking at them one by one . And to the point: to show that the switching back and forth between past tense "found" versus what eventually is seen to be "close with clues and on the verge" are a common theme with this. I realized you weren't making any individual siding to this particular video (you were only showing/saying possibilities). Sorry if we clashed there, but I just saw the same phenomenon in your post, that the believers seem at ease going back and forth on. No comments were "twisted". You will see I quoted straight from your own words.

..... ..... It gives me the impression either you got financially burned in the Philippines, a raciest agenda or its your god given duty bash every Philippine post here? ....

No, not financially burned. But read accounts of others being taken in yamashita investment schemes. Racist ? Bashing Philippines ? No, I was "bashing" (if that's what you call someone who dares question a legend) ghost stories likely gone awry. For example, you will see my posts questioning the "pearl ship", (so am I racist against the Spanish who were supposed to have sailed that into the Salton Sea?) and "oak island" (am I racist against the white folk in that area?) And just this morning on the general section I expressed doubt for "treasure signs". So as you can see, it has nothing to do with Race, geographic locale, etc...

I'm fascinated with the psychology of these things, because of a 3 week trip to Mexico in 1994, where .... that's all I did was chase treasure stories. The trends and themes began to stick out after 2 weeks. And I saw that with scrutiny, they would typically fall apart (despite sounding SSeeeooo good before we left CA to pursue these iron clad stories)

Last edited:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mel, Not angry or pumped or taking anything personally at all. To advance a skeptic's view (an alternative explanation for something being proposed), is a part of forum pro & con communication. Is it not ? Thus no, not mad at all. Appreciate your balanced comments bro !

Yes I realize your comments were generalizations. And I was looking at them one by one . And to the point: to show that the switching back and forth between past tense "found" versus what eventually is seen to be "close with clues and on the verge" are a common theme with this. I realized you weren't making any individual siding to this particular video (you were only showing/saying possibilities). Sorry if we clashed there, but I just saw the same phenomenon in your post, that the believers seem at ease going back and forth on. No comments were "twisted". You will see I quoted straight from your own words.

No, not financially burned. But read accounts of others being taken in yamashita investment schemes. Racist ? Bashing Philippines ? No, I was "bashing" (if that's what you call someone who dares question a legend) ghost stories likely gone awry. For example, you will see my posts questioning the "pearl ship", (so am I racist against the Spanish who were supposed to have sailed that into the Salton Sea?) and "oak island" (am I racist against the white folk in that area?) And just this morning on the general section I expressed doubt for "treasure signs". So as you can see, it has nothing to do with Race, geographic locale, etc...

I'm fascinated with the psychology of these things, because of a 3 week trip to Mexico in 1994, where .... that's all I did was chase treasure stories. The trends and themes began to stick out after 2 weeks. And I saw that with scrutiny, they would typically fall apart (despite sounding SSeeeooo good before we left CA to pursue these iron clad stories)

Hello Tom

I have had 3 attempts at this...Alas

My apologies in late in replying as work commitments dictate me be elsewhere. usually when I type here a crew member will interrupt my train of Thought. Thus abandoning what I was typing. Being the "Old boy of the ship" The buck stops with me. Yet with minuscule free time I have reading posts here is enjoyable. I have a multinational Crew and speaking sometimes 3 languages at once while reading.... Its easy to take out of context of what was said so my apologies also.

I see your point about to show that the switching back and forth between past tense "found" versus what eventually is seen to be "close with clues and on the verge" are a common theme with this. In most cases I agree but you have to understand some people when writing English that is not there ( sorry their ) first language its easy to mixes up words in past tense a such Found and found clues or as you said "close with clues and on the verge" ???

While my comments was a generalized impression of your posts give out to me regards to your posts on the Yamashita forum only,not as a forum on a whole. Mostly on the other Forums your comment's are buried under many posts of others and I do not see them. Thus my apologies for interpenetrating your comments only in regards to the Philippine Forum. . As you can see for your self your final comments on several Philippine posts ends with your negative comments in regards to the posters.. Which is plain as day. While I have no doubt you have posted in the best of intentions for many could be seen as negative intentions. :icon_scratch:

Skepticism is always healthy with such stories I agree. While I agree with you 100% in some aspects, especially the psychology of the people connected to such stories and eccentricities. While for me most things are taken with grain of salt posted not just here but in all forums.. I do enjoy the posts here regardless of what I personally think of them. I found it rather strange your attempts to reason with those converted in assumptions as a blind leap of faith regardless. Hence my comment that you gave me the impression was once ripped off or disappointed to say the least at such stories. :dontknow:

For me personally I too need facts not assumptions. but because that comes from being a Sea Captain. No fun explaining international admiralty court why I ran a 50000 ton container ship aground because of an assumption. So for me at least I have to see some things pretty compelling to give up my day job.:icon_thumright:

I would be interested I hearing more your own story about your 3 week trip to Mexico?

Sadly I have never had the time to dream about such things.

Yet I have met a few interesting characters in my travels.

But time to go alas once again duty calls cheers

Mal

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... As you can see for your self your final comments on several Philippine posts ends with your negative comments in regards to the posters......

Mal, I think I know what you are referring to. I admit to saying that the Philippine culture is steeped in treasure lore superstitions. Is that "racist" ? I didn't see it that way. In any culture there are cultural norms, biases, etc.... I have also said the same thing about Mexican culture, seen first-hand here where I live. And I'm not "racist" against Mexicans either. Just going by what I've witnessed over and over (as have my md'ing friends here). I live in a part of CA which has a lot of 1st generation immigrants from Mexico, d/t they are here for the agriculture work. And here's what typically goes down:

You'll be md'ing, and a Mexican fellow will approach you and start asking questions. Eg.: how deep does it go, where can I buy one, etc..... And then the story will be that they .... "know of a treasure in Mexico. And a guy would certainly get rich with a detector, etc...." Some tell me of treasures already found there. And one guy even drove back home and came back by with coins said to have come from the "treasure that was found" . After much scrutiny (via his daughter who was translating for us), turns out he merely bought them from someone who says they'd come from a found treasure, doh !

And since then, I've made a point, when talking to any 1st generation arrivals, and ... yep ... they all have heard of buried treasures down there. And can rattle off very compelling stories that are hard to argue with !

So in 1994 I took the plunge and went with one of my employee's uncles. Prior to leaving , he had spun 3 or 4 stories between his and his wife's hometown experiences . Little villages was up in the Sierra Madres, with adobe homes 200+ yrs. old from Spanish times !

Once there, under scrutiny, the stories fell apart one-by-one as "he said she said" type telephone game . But still had fun hunting (found individual coins back to the mid 1800s). And as local folk saw the men in town with metal detectors, they were "on our door-step" imploring for us to "look here" and "look there", as they too had stories all over the spectrum. Hence my observation.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Tom

Of course questioning the validity of such stories is not seen as being racist. It was impression given on seeing the multi postings on the ends of various postings on the Yamshita topic nothing more.

In regards to treasure lore? It is culturally the same in my native country Chile. Every town or village has its legends such as hidden treasure or ghosts or native superstition of the ancestors. While most yarns are enjoyable to read of folklore. One must understand that these stories are mostly cultural folklore. Cultural folklore is still strong in various cultures like Philippines and many south America and Latin American countries. Mexico I imagine no different. Even so the united states has inherited from the oral traditions of various treasure legends this way through large parts of the USA being once part of Mexico.

As you mention verbal "telephone game" I laugh before the we drowned ourselves in over political correctness these days its used to be called "Chinese Whispers" can change the entire content of the original story. Yet I concede perhaps 95% is just that folklore created through "Telephone game"

The thing I find interesting Can some stories have roots in real events and places?

While I have had two very different with experiences Treasure hunters. Both cases was very different. One was a group paid through a facilitator to salvage gold was lost traveling around cape horn. The Facilitator was acting on behalf of Lloyds brokerage which is clearing house. for other insurance companies. They paid out insurance of this gold that was dispatched from Chile by ship to Argentina. The Ship Sunk. I cannot remember the exact amounts of gold. My role just one of the captains only there to advise on local tides and condition nothing more. As for knowledge of the inside workings of the project it was only on a need to know relationship and I was effectively out of the loop.

We had a freak run of good weather down there. I could not believe their luck.one thing for sure their purpose and actions was clear

The other group however it was very different? It was a few years ago very mysterious. Yet once again I had a very small role and that was it. They was so elusive that I cannot honestly be sure they were treasure hunters all? As they left me will many question and very few answers.. While some here claim to know who they were. I am not so sure. Yet I was very well paid in fact much better than the insurance companies salvage. One thing for sure they called the shots and gave nothing away.

Yet as I read through various posts here on TNET, I imagine researching lost treasure, getting money and resources to do it successfully is not easy? And besides even if you find a massive treasure or even a small treasure you might not be legally able keep a cent of it. Even so the cost of trying to legally get some share of the find may in fact destroy you financially in legal costs? Even if you consider stealing part of the find to finance the fight to legally claim part of treasure is fraught with dangers. And not so easy to convert into liquid assets either. Even if you manage to do it may leave you open to the claim that you already stolen some of the find. thus affecting and legal agreements or courts decisions.

When it comes to researching it seems many here rely far too heavily on assumptions or circumstantial. Yet even if you have all the documented facts that lead you to location where you believed treasure might be still there but you needed help to complete the task? .You may still have problems being believed even if you have the most noble of intentions. Hence my earlier comments. Of course it must be hard for anyone with legitimate reasons to get assistance with their research or for help in negotiating a find legally when there is the persistence of scam artists that is truly embedded in the treasure hunting world.

Mal

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
...... In regards to treasure lore? It is culturally the same in my native country Chile...... Cultural folklore is still strong in various cultures like Philippines and many south America and Latin American countries. Mexico I imagine no different.....

Correct. And for you to point this observation out, does not make you racist :)

.....Yet I concede perhaps 95% is just that folklore created through "Telephone game" .... The thing I find interesting Can some stories have roots in real events and places? ....

Sure. It can be based in truth. And the task would be to root out fact from fiction, right ? But if there is no treasure there, then the other 95% doesn't matter, eh?

..... It was a few years ago very mysterious. ....Yet I was very well paid in fact much better than the insurance companies salvage. One thing for sure they called the shots and gave nothing away.....

Those that believe in ghost story legends, can be SO convinced (sincere, etc...), that they might "pay well". And "ask lots of questions" and "give no answers". And show up on your doorstep in black trenchcoats and dark sunglasses. None of which lends credence to their particular chase, IMHO. All it does is reinforce the fact that .... when it comes to treasure, the imagination runs wild, and skepticism is put aside. Yes, even well funded professional pursuits. Heck, look at how much $$ they've put into Oak Island. But it doesn't make it any more true.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom

Those that believe in ghost story legends, can be SO convinced (sincere, etc...), that they might "pay well". And "ask lots of questions" and "give no answers". And show up on your doorstep in black trenchcoats and dark sunglasses. None of which lends credence to their particular chase, IMHO. All it does is reinforce the fact that .... when it comes to treasure, the imagination runs wild, and skepticism is put aside. Yes, even well funded professional pursuits. Heck, look at how much $$ they've put into Oak Island. But it doesn't make it any more true.

I agree Perhaps in most cases. But when I received a bonus big enough to get my family shipping business out of financial strife and pay towards a new cargo ship. We were in dire need of one as our old ship was becoming the proverbial rust bucket. Cashed up Crazy deluded dreamers they might be yes I agree. I would sure like to thank them.:thumbsup:

For me personally it has helped keep our family shipping business afloat. While shipping game is very cut throat. While I pay my able bodies seamen 450 US per Month. I am competing against Asian ships paying 60 us dollars per month. As well as having smaller ship unable to compete with economies of scale. Thus regulated to small less profitable shipping routes. For me my family and other family members working in various offices I searchingly thank them, regardless of who they are or what they was doing. I hope one day they will one day read this. As for proving this to be so. I am not prepared to post on line my tax returns online thus you are free to believe or disbelieve.

As for me I have more important things to worry about. I just found out that the fuel companies have been artificially driving the cost of Diesel and heavy oils in my region. They have been ripping off 10% off the prices of fuel for the last 10 years. The Singapore markets has been artificially manipulation the cost of fuel per barrel by constantly fluctuating the price. 10% price manipulating cuts deep into my operating costs. Shipping profit markings are very thin. Hopefully the Pacific trade deal is dead.

As for Oak Island Well you cannot use that story as a comparison to other stories. All stories in fairness has to based on their own merit. Although I agree with your conclusion about Oak Island. It does not have the nick name money pit for nothing....it reminds me of a joke.

If I remember english translation....

The was two children One pessimist the other optimist.

The pessimist was given a big pile of Treasure. And the pessimist cried out it must be fake?

The Optimist was given big pile of Horse Manure. And the optimist cried out there's gotta be treasure in there somewhere?

No need to say which child you were growing up :-)

Cheers Mal

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... For me personally it has helped keep our family shipping business afloat.....

That's also probably what the drilling company who's hired by the Oak Island gang are saying too. That this $$ kept them afloat (so that means the treasure is true ?). There's no shortage of big bucks being spent on treasure hunting pursuits, by very generous sincere people. Does it mean their treasure is true ? Not necessarily. And the more $$ you add to the equation, does not make it "more true".

.... The pessimist was given a big pile of Treasure. And the pessimist cried out it must be fake?

The Optimist was given big pile of Horse Manure. And the optimist cried out there's gotta be treasure in there somewhere?....
No need to say which child you were growing up :-) ...

This "pessimist" has been able to hone his time and effort for more-likely sites/locations. Because of his skepticism to root out "silly stories". And has netted me near title holder for the most reales and most gold coins in the California (fumble fingers losses). And rivaling title holders in the USA. Thus yes, a little critical thinking HELPS. Not HINDERS.

Last edited:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Tom.

Your discussions have been very interesting none the least....especially on the egocentricity of treasure hunters..

Sadly my time is demanded elsewhere with Work commitments. If I ever get time when I retire I love to look you up someday and get some tips on detecting? Maybe you might like to visit some good places to coin shoot along the coast of Chile someday?

Take care.

Mal

Last edited:

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !

Hopefully they can get it out without setting off the Explosives,
Or they will have to go Panning there after to Collect it :o

I wonder how much More is still hidden in the Philippines.

Thanks for the Heads Up :hello2:

Brief history....The Japanese Imperial Army officially occupied the Philippines from May 1942 through to their surrender in mid 1945. During this time, these soldiers commandeered hundreds (probably even "thousands") of homes, buildings and properties from Filipinos. After all, they needed somewhere to operate from. They certainly weren't going to run military operations from the local street corner were they?

After over 20 years of research and direct involvement concerning World War II treasure buried throughout the Philippine Islands by the Japanese Imperial Army during WWII, there are many facts that we have come to know. A few of which we will state here;

MAJOR SITES : Fact Number One:
There were 172 "documented" WWII sites buried throughout the Philippine Islands between 1943 and 1945 (34 of these were "sea" sites). The remaining 138 land burials were top secret and under direct control of the highest authority of the Japanese Imperial Army at that time. They were major deposits consisting of many tons of gold (sometimes also buried was; silver, jewelry, even golden Buddha's). These sites took anywhere from several months to a year or more to complete. Many of these sites were buried at (or very near) POW camps using POW labor. Some were buried on Japanese Army encampments (located near to POW camps). Either way, you will notice the common link between the two - that link being - POW. Burial depth was anywhere from 100 to 350 feet deep inside a complex tunneling system. Extremely detailed maps were made of all of these sites. These maps were all written in special "codes" which would ultimately be of no use to an untrained person who happened upon one of these maps. Not that you could possible happen upon one of them anyway as these maps have long been destroyed so there is no chance of the average person to happen along and find one.
16 major POW internment camp sites throughout the Philippines during World War II.

MINOR SITES : Fact Number Two:
There were numerous (possibly hundreds or thousands) of additional "undocumented" minor WWII treasure sites also buried throughout the Philippines. This has been proven as there has been several 'finds' throughout the Philippines since the end of the war. Usually made by local Filipino treasure hunters. One on the most famous and well known 'find' was made by Roger Roxas and his group in December 1970. Most of these minor treasure burials occurred between late 1944 through to the end of the war in mid 1945. These small deposits were placed during retreat to the mountains of renegade officers and soldiers. These sites were usually of relatively small size a few gold bars. Of course, renegade officers' sites could have been much larger deposits (few tons of gold or more. ..). One large renegade site was discovered to have 1,800 gold bars (each weighing 6.2kg or just over 13 pounds). Roxas' group recovered numerous gold bars and a one-ton Golden Buddha. Nevertheless, these sites were usually buried rather quickly as these soldiers were on the run. Question: "Where would you bury your gold bars if you were being chased by an army of American soldiers?" Answer: "Anywhere - and as quickly as possible". With no time on their hands, maps were usually not made and if one was made it was usually very crude and not showing much detail.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brief history....The Japanese Imperial Army officially occupied the Philippines from May 1942 through to their surrender in mid 1945. During this time, these soldiers commandeered hundreds (probably even "thousands") of homes, buildings and properties from Filipinos. After all, they needed somewhere to operate from. They certainly weren't going to run military operations from the local street corner were they?

After over 20 years of research and direct involvement concerning World War II treasure buried throughout the Philippine Islands by the Japanese Imperial Army during WWII, there are many facts that we have come to know. A few of which we will state here;

MAJOR SITES : Fact Number One:
There were 172 "documented" WWII sites buried throughout the Philippine Islands between 1943 and 1945 (34 of these were "sea" sites). The remaining 138 land burials were top secret and under direct control of the highest authority of the Japanese Imperial Army at that time. They were major deposits consisting of many tons of gold (sometimes also buried was; silver, jewelry, even golden Buddha's). These sites took anywhere from several months to a year or more to complete. Many of these sites were buried at (or very near) POW camps using POW labor. Some were buried on Japanese Army encampments (located near to POW camps). Either way, you will notice the common link between the two - that link being - POW. Burial depth was anywhere from 100 to 350 feet deep inside a complex tunneling system. Extremely detailed maps were made of all of these sites. These maps were all written in special "codes" which would ultimately be of no use to an untrained person who happened upon one of these maps. Not that you could possible happen upon one of them anyway as these maps have long been destroyed so there is no chance of the average person to happen along and find one.
16 major POW internment camp sites throughout the Philippines during World War II.

MINOR SITES : Fact Number Two:
There were numerous (possibly hundreds or thousands) of additional "undocumented" minor WWII treasure sites also buried throughout the Philippines. This has been proven as there has been several 'finds' throughout the Philippines since the end of the war. Usually made by local Filipino treasure hunters. One on the most famous and well known 'find' was made by Roger Roxas and his group in December 1970. Most of these minor treasure burials occurred between late 1944 through to the end of the war in mid 1945. These small deposits were placed during retreat to the mountains of renegade officers and soldiers. These sites were usually of relatively small size a few gold bars. Of course, renegade officers' sites could have been much larger deposits (few tons of gold or more. ..). One large renegade site was discovered to have 1,800 gold bars (each weighing 6.2kg or just over 13 pounds). Roxas' group recovered numerous gold bars and a one-ton Golden Buddha. Nevertheless, these sites were usually buried rather quickly as these soldiers were on the run. Question: "Where would you bury your gold bars if you were being chased by an army of American soldiers?" Answer: "Anywhere - and as quickly as possible". With no time on their hands, maps were usually not made and if one was made it was usually very crude and not showing much detail.
icon_thumleft.gif

If I was Running with a Gold Bar.
I would look for Large Boulders that naturally look like Animals or other .
Something I could remember if I saw it again.

things like these

images.jpg

Entrance-to-Yamashita-Cave.jpg

then hide my treasure there quickly and keep running, hoping to come back one day
or be able to tell someone I trust to look where the Big Cracked Egg or Triangle shaped Cave is.

Natural sites that Stand out and catch your eye all have the potential to hold hidden and lost treasures
tchest.gif
so Yes ! I would consider every place that stands out on the Philippine Islands,
a possible small Treasure Site :icon_thumleft:
and even those that Don't Stand out as possible Larger ones :coffee2:

Keep us updated !

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
:icon_thumleft:
If I was Running with a Gold Bar.
I would look for Large Boulders that naturally look like Animals or other .
Something I could remember if I saw it again....

Sure. But why stop there ? Why stop at just this particular treasure ? I mean ... human nature is human nature world-wide after all. And "gold bars" exist in more places than just the Philippines. Right? And I can imagine the "man running with the gold bar" ANYWHERE , replicating your scenario. After all, wars have occurred world-wide for millennia, right ? We had the USA civil war, etc.... And WWII was not fought *just* in the Philippines. There were battles fought all over Europe and Russia during that conflict. And stories of looted goodies in all those places as well. Right ?

So to conclude: We TH'rs need to be mindful of odd-looking rocks . Eg.: funny squiggles, turtle shapes, large boulders that look like animals, cracked eggs, rocks or trees that line up with un-canny astronomical clues, etc... Not just in the Philippines. Right ?

Ok, in that case, I have no doubt that if I went into my backyard , in Monterey, CA (It measures about an acre) that I could ... no doubt ... find numerous "odd-looking" rocks. Heck, we even have some perfectly square ones (paver stones the prior owner put in .... or so I thought). And some others with curious shapes as well. Like the goldfish basin thingy that used to be there. And if I studied the random rocks, I could also, no doubt, find odd alignments, creases, shapes, etc.... So too if I studied the trees long enough, I could probably draw a line through several of them to make the shape of a constellation, etc...

So .... although my house was only built in the mid 1950s, I propose that someone in the 1800s, running with a gold bar, probably stashed one there. For a mere $100 each, I will allow MD'rs and TH'rs to come hunt my back-yard. I accept paypal !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure. But why stop there ? Why stop at just this particular treasure ? I mean ... human nature is human nature world-wide after all. And "gold bars" exist in more places than just the Philippines. Right? And I can imagine the "man running with the gold bar" ANYWHERE , replicating your scenario. After all, wars have occurred world-wide for millennia, right ? We had the USA civil war, etc.... And WWII was not fought *just* in the Philippines. There were battles fought all over Europe and Russia during that conflict. And stories of looted goodies in all those places as well. Right ?

So to conclude: We TH'rs need to be mindful of odd-looking rocks . Eg.: funny squiggles, turtle shapes, large boulders that look like animals, cracked eggs, rocks or trees that line up with un-canny astronomical clues, etc... Not just in the Philippines. Right ?

Ok, in that case, I have no doubt that if I went into my backyard , in Monterey, CA (It measures about an acre) that I could ... no doubt ... find numerous "odd-looking" rocks. Heck, we even have some perfectly square ones (paver stones the prior owner put in .... or so I thought). And some others with curious shapes as well. Like the goldfish basin thingy that used to be there. And if I studied the random rocks, I could also, no doubt, find odd alignments, creases, shapes, etc.... So too if I studied the trees long enough, I could probably draw a line through several of them to make the shape of a constellation, etc...

So .... although my house was only built in the mid 1950s, I propose that someone in the 1800s, running with a gold bar, probably stashed one there. For a mere $100 each, I will allow MD'rs and TH'rs to come hunt my back-yard. I accept paypal !

If your saying What I think you are.
That is Simplifying things too Much.

I believe your talking small stones etc, That may or May Not catch someones attention.

I'm Talking large unmovable boulders etc, that can't be missed even by someone
out of breath trying to escape capture.

and simply places that stick out.

If that is what your Talking about Sure. Maybe 200 Years ago a Train Robber or other Robber Ran by there :dontknow: or a kid played on it.
if you have a news story or time on your hands, check it out.

back in the 20's,40's, era I'll wager some people driving to Las Vegas
stopped outside town at Billboards that were the only thing that could be seen for Miles.
I'll Wager Some People Buried a Tobacco can or Other, With half their Money,
or at least Enough to Be sure to Make it Home.
Simply out of Smarts that they would get Carried away Gambling, Or Robbed.
I'll also Wager at least 1 Of them never got back for it.
or Today, Maybe if Drug payments so many Paces from things like this

tled.jpg

Go back further to Indians . If they saw a Boulder that reminded them of a Buffalo or Eagle
they may have Given Presents to it. Especially if they were all screwed up on Peyote, Or
strong Tobacco.

all I'm saying is Maybe When you see a Marking on a Boulder or one Shaped like a turtle or other.
Perhaps trying to Read something into it, is worrying about too much information.
and you should just check out every nook and cranny there instead

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions