OMEN?

E

enochsea7

I just had a pretty traumatic experience while digging 17 ft underground. Suddenly I heard a sound coming from above of a rat screaming and my dog chasing it. I knew it was time to get out of the hole. Before I had time to reach for the ladder something heavy fell directly on top of my hard hat. I look down and to my horror there is a huge rat laying unconscious on the ground beside me.

Is this a random natural occurrence or a warning of some unseen danger minutes ahead?

Either way, boy am I glad I purchased the hard hat right about now...

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

enochsea7

Just some advice to everyone out there. Don't skip shoring. Start reinforcing your hole at the beginning. I skipped shoring in this particular excavation because I suspected the target to be less than 10' deep. But I was wrong and now have a big problem with the upper portions of the hole drying up and cracking. The fallen dirt has revealed large stones suspended near the surface of the sides at about the 3' level. Large chunks of soil are falling down and its only a matter of time before these stones start falling, which could easily be fatal.

A relative in the states recently had 2 dreams in close proximity to each other of my hole collapsing, without having any idea about the state of erosion the hole is currently experiencing. I believe the rat falling perfectly on top of my head and being rendered unconscious actually was an omen, meaning that its time to invest in reinforcement of the hole.

To those out there who don't already know, install shoring ahead of time. Don't dig anymore than 5-6 feet before installing it. Installing wooden beams from the top to bottom of this hole is going to be a major headache for me because the hole is already 19 ft deep. Good luck and Happy hunting!

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And never dig alone, although if you're at the bottom of a hole that deep, and it collapses, having the National Guard there won't help much. What are you digging for?

OP
OP
E

enochsea7

And never dig alone, although if you're at the bottom of a hole that deep, and it collapses, having the National Guard there won't help much. What are you digging for?

Its a rectangular object about 1' x 2', which I believe to be containing gold and diamonds. I so badly wish I had a partner to help me out but honestly man... After all the experiences I've had here the past few years, I don't trust a living soul with this stuff anymore. Honestly I don't feel I really have any choice but to dig alone if I want to have any hope for success.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that case, can you rent a small backhoe and dig a really big wide hole so you don't get killed? Anybody can operate one of those, even me. I rented one a few times to dig out stumps, move tons of mulch, fill in holes, all that fun stuff. Assuming you are digging in a place it is allowed.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've gone how far, and are now just thinking about shoring the sides up??

Wow that's just crazy.

I know that you say you don't trust anybody, but not even a brother, sister, wife........your dog with a "come help me my master has fallen and can't get up" sign?

I truly wish you the best of luck.

Be safe out there.

OP
OP
E

enochsea7

In that case, can you rent a small backhoe and dig a really big wide hole so you don't get killed? Anybody can operate one of those, even me. I rented one a few times to dig out stumps, move tons of mulch, fill in holes, all that fun stuff. Assuming you are digging in a place it is allowed.

Wouldn't that be a dream come true. Unfortunately there are certain natural barriers here preventing me from getting a backhoe anywhere near the target location :'(

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread