While digging a well

Dragonasia

Jun 3, 2019
Asia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are at 85 ft and about 40 to go for water.
The first pic is of some of the cement layers we have encountered.

Then looking down at the hole and seeing taclobo. Where that is, is at 12 ft, inside what seems like an opening made marble. Very very hard. The marble is Only on that side. It measure 13 feet by 5 ft wide ( or more). Our hole was 5 by 5.

We decided to dig into the marble and that’s when we found the shell inside the top of where the marble started. Then you can see where part of the marble curved up to and across the hole but we dug straight down through. We have found other less hard marble type walls directly opposite of the 1st one. We found and x in the wall, dug into the wall and found more marble type cement. At 60 ft found an across the hole even 1ft layer of goldish red clay. We have found shells at about every 3 to 4 ft. Have moist sand now (85 ft). Last of the sand was red colored.

It will interesting to see what else we find before the water.

Doug

OP
OP
Dragonasia

Dragonasia

Jun 3, 2019
Asia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hole checked with t-Vlf system and resistivity checked.
With the hole positioned in the center of our probes, from the surface down to about 90 ft we were getting readings which increased from around 130 steadily on up to around 300 ohms as we increased the spacing of the probes. Then at about 200 ft probe spacing there was a huge drop in resistivity. From a reading of 300-330 ohms on the previous reading with about 180 ft spacing, it dropped to .5 ohms and maintained for almost a full minute leveling out at a peak of 5 ohms. This was inland enough to not be saline ground water and too high to be freshwater which would have given a much higher reading at this depth anyways.

What on this good earth could possibly have caused such a massive drop in resistivity?Can anyone with experience using geo resistivity meters weigh in?

Last edited:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any hunters are going to find treasure it will be you guys. The treasure is there you just have to stop wasting time on digging various holes that go no where. Common sense says it's in the mountain and there should be a place where you will see where they went in. Good luck, I'm watching...

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hole checked with t-Vlf system and resistivity checked.
With the hole positioned in the center of our probes, from the surface down to about 90 ft we were getting readings which increased from around 130 steadily on up to around 300 ohms as we increased the spacing of the probes. Then at about 200 ft probe spacing there was a huge drop in resistivity. From a reading of 300-330 ohms on the previous reading with about 180 ft spacing, it dropped to .5 ohms and maintained for almost a full minute leveling out at a peak of 5 ohms. This was inland enough to not be saline ground water and too high to be freshwater which would have given a much higher reading at this depth anyways.

What on this good earth could possibly have caused such a massive drop in resistivity beyond a stack of gold bars? Can anyone with experience using geo resistivity meters weigh in?

Ok, common sense says who is going to bury a treasure 90' deep? Like the Oak island guys who think it's 173 ft down are living a dream not reality. If it's there it's buried in the side of the mountain not 90' down some hole.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What on this good earth could possibly have caused such a massive drop in resistivity beyond a stack of gold bars?

*Sigh* probably something other than a stack of gold bars.

N

NinjaT

Yeah but its always "*siiiiigh* probably something other than treasure.. duh" with you Carl. But maybe that's a good thing, because we need the engineers constantly being pushed by their need for perfect confirmation to design better detecting equipment.

Ok, common sense says who is going to bury a treasure 90' deep? Like the Oak island guys who think it's 173 ft down are living a dream not reality. If it's there it's buried in the side of the mountain not 90' down some hole.

Ninety feet really isn't even all that deep. I've seen a group of two motivated individuals manage that in 3-4 months. Happens all the time. Why wouldn't the Japanese Imperial Army put a couple hundred POWs to the task and knock it out in a few days? Especially if it was a deposit of several tons? I mean really, why not?

When you're talking about an area that is literally 100% pure calcified coral from a depth of 1.5 feet all the way down to the water table and you are getting a .5 ohms reading at 200 ft spacing... That should give you pause to say the least. I mean, if you're a treasure hunter, I would really hope that your first and only reaction isn't "*siiiiiiigh* its probably not treasure".

Last edited:
N

NinjaT

So please educate everyone. What other kind of conductive body could potentially be below 90 ft of pure limestone and drop ground resistivity down to .5 ohms. What other explanation is so conclusive that this person should let out a long dramatic sigh and abandon the hole?

Its not saline. Elevation is well over 200 ft. Freshwater would be way over .5 ohms. Core drilling samples spread out over the general area confirm the place is basically what used to be a big coral reef. Pure limestone all the way down. So please, tell us, what other explanations do you have?

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So please, tell us, what other explanations do you have?

The thought that the Philippines is chocked full of Yamashita treasure is the biggest running joke of the THing world. So, yeah, the immediate assumption that an abnormal reading just has to be a stack of gold bars gets an eye-roll from me.

Besides pure delusional thinking, I see the same repeated mistakes by Philippine treasure hunters. First, they often use the wrong equipment in looking for treasure and, more importantly, don't know how to use it correctly. No idea if that's the case with the O.P., but suddenly seeing 1/2 ohm @ 180ft spacing screams "WRONG." If it were due to gold bars, it would have to be 179.5 feet of gold bars, and 6 inches of dirt. I see a lot of purely bogus equipment being used in the Philippines, so maybe he can post a pic of the device he's using.

Second, everyone believes they are digging through man-made stuff. Usually "cement," plus lots of "markers" and other nonsense. No one seems to know a geologist, or cares to ask one, "Is this natural?" I don't recall ever seeing a single pic from a Philippine dig that made me think, "Hey, that looks interesting." That includes the pics at the top of this thread.

On the bright side, Dragonasia isn't digging a hole to nowhere as is the norm in the Phillippines. There's a well in his future, assuming it doesn't get derailed by fantasies.

N

NinjaT

The thought that the Philippines is chocked full of Yamashita treasure is the biggest running joke of the THing world. So, yeah, the immediate assumption that an abnormal reading just has to be a stack of gold bars gets an eye-roll from me.

Besides pure delusional thinking, I see the same repeated mistakes by Philippine treasure hunters. First, they often use the wrong equipment in looking for treasure and, more importantly, don't know how to use it correctly. No idea if that's the case with the O.P., but suddenly seeing 1/2 ohm @ 180ft spacing screams "WRONG." If it were due to gold bars, it would have to be 179.5 feet of gold bars, and 6 inches of dirt. I see a lot of purely bogus equipment being used in the Philippines, so maybe he can post a pic of the device he's using.

Second, everyone believes they are digging through man-made stuff. Usually "cement," plus lots of "markers" and other nonsense. No one seems to know a geologist, or cares to ask one, "Is this natural?" I don't recall ever seeing a single pic from a Philippine dig that made me think, "Hey, that looks interesting." That includes the pics at the top of this thread.

On the bright side, Dragonasia isn't digging a hole to nowhere as is the norm in the Phillippines. There's a well in his future, assuming it doesn't get derailed by fantasies.

That would depend on the size of the object. If there is a very large conductive body at 90 ft depth then absolutely it could plummet the ohms down to .5 ...

Especially when normal ground is reading no more than 300 ohms all the way down.

He was using a T-VLF from Iris Instruments
Link: http://www.iris-instruments.com/t-vlf.html

"The thought that the Philippines is chocked full of Yamashita treasure is the biggest running joke of the THing world."

Actually, the biggest running joke of the THing world is the fact that some main land Americans still don't believe it and continue to be left in the dark because they're waiting for someone to come on treasurenet and post pics for their banner.

Last edited:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah but its always "*siiiiigh* probably something other than treasure.. duh" with people like you Carl. But maybe that's a good thing, because we need the engineers constantly being pushed by their need for perfect confirmation to design better detecting equipment.

Ninety feet really isn't even all that deep. I've seen a group of two motivated individuals manage that in 3-4 months. Happens all the time. Why wouldn't the Japanese Imperial Army put a couple hundred POWs to the task and knock it out in a few days? Especially if it was a deposit of several tons? I mean really, why not?

Really? 90'...... Why would you bury it 90'? Were they going to bring back hundreds of POW's to dig it back up? Doesn't make sense. You could bury it 6' deep, cover it well and no one would find it. Also, digging a 90' hole would leave a large deposit of earth/dirt/rock that wouldn't fit back into the hole so that would give it away and after a year or so when the hole settled it would be a deep surface hole giving the location away. None of it makes sense. If someone says 2+2 = 5 then you have to wonder....

N

NinjaT

Really? 90'...... Why would you bury it 90'? Were they going to bring back hundreds of POW's to dig it back up? Doesn't make sense. You could bury it 6' deep, cover it well and no one would find it. Also, digging a 90' hole would leave a large deposit of earth/dirt/rock that wouldn't fit back into the hole so that would give it away and after a year or so when the hole settled it would be a deep surface hole giving the location away. None of it makes sense. If someone says 2+2 = 5 then you have to wonder....

The Japanese looted the entirety of East and South East Asia. That's a fact. You think they brought it all over here and buried it at 6 ft depth? Come on man...

There's a lot of history about what took place in SE Asia during WW2 that you haven't read yet. Your logic is thrown off due to a lack of understanding. That is the one and only reason why "none of it makes sense" to you.

Especially in an area like this, which is pure limestone down to at least 200 ft, the Japanese would have tunneled. Tunneling. They weren't digging straight down and dropping at center bottom for large deposits.

Last edited:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"No one would ever find it at 6 ft" ... "Besides, I never dig down past 12 inches for all the bottle caps I keep finding"

The Japanese looted the entirety of East and South East Asia. That's a fact. You think they brought it all over here and buried it at 6 ft depth? Come on man...

There's a lot of history about what took place in SE Asia during WW2 that you haven't read yet. Your logic is thrown off due to a lack of understanding. That is the one and only reason why "none of it makes sense" to you.

Especially in an area like this, which is pure limestone down to at least 200 ft, the Japanese would have tunneled. Tunneling. They weren't digging straight down and dropping at center bottom for large deposits. Perhaps that will provide the missing values in your formula.

I've read more than you know. I read where they built roads up the mountain side and carried boxes up. It makes more sense they "Tunneled" into the mountain instead of digging 90' holes.... Besides, this well is digging straight down 90'.....

Last edited:
N

NinjaT

I've read more than you know. I read where they built roads up the mountain side and carried boxes up. It makes more sense they "Tunneled" into the mountain instead of digging 90' holes....

This guy is digging straight down to the object because he doesn't know where the original tunnel entrance was. He detected it from the top. Unless you're a master dowser, have psychic powers or the original map you have no idea where the entrance is. So he's forced to dig straight down to the object.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would depend on the size of the object. If there is a very large conductive body at 90 ft depth then absolutely it could plummet the ohms down to .5 ...

Especially when normal ground is reading no more than 300 ohms all the way down.

He was using a T-VLF from Iris Instruments
Link: T-Vlf

You would need nearly a dead short to register 1/2 ohm. Soil readings won't do what he described. One of the biggest fallacies of ERM equipment is the thought that you just measure the resistance between 2 probes and Voila! you have your result. Not so simple. ERM is intended to be used in a mapping scenario. I'm gonna call "operator error" on this one.

Actually, the biggest running joke of the THing world is the fact that some main land Americans still don't believe it and continue to be left in the dark because they're waiting for someone to come on treasurenet and post pics for their banner.

If something were ever found, word would get around. I expect Philippine treasure hunters are around 0-for-10,000 on holes dug. A year from now it'll be zero, in 10 years it'll be zero, and in 100 years, well, I'll be dead and it'll still be zero.

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If someone found buried treasure I would not expect him to tell people about it or provide pictures of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread