1.2 million years

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now I know this isn't NA but it is a great example of what was being crafted a million plus years ago. This should help illustrate what is and is not a manufactured NA stone tool.... If these were being made this good back then, the tumbled rocks we see here from time to time should pop out as NOT artifacts even to the greenhorns.
c687d193d477b1dd6b1abeac8be82b8f

Upvote 12

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read up on carbon dating. There is a lot of disagreement amongst top scientists. Many believe carbon dating can only go back (accurately) about 50000 years. Still we hear of carbon dating ā€œprovingā€ mountain ranges are 4.5 million years old. I guess we need to pick a side and hang on. I love science, but I really doubt some stuff they extrapolate. They have had access to chicken eggs for CENTURIES, and still argue if they are deadly, OR a super food!šŸ˜Š yet they expect me to believe they can tell how much copper is in the core of Pluto, using a radio telescope. Plus, when new info is found, to contradict previous beliefs, scientists never say ā€œwe found out we were wrongā€, instead ā€œnew evidence indicatesā€¦ā€. Iā€™ll get off the soapbox now
Ah but what is a year in time? Is it what we think it is now or what it was 20 billion years ago. Could be not the same thing. Iā€™m assuming carbon dating assumes time is a constant. Maybe it is for all practical purposes, but maybe not. I donā€™t want to side track the original discussion as it super interesting.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
space time.... start reading about space time.... blow your mind physics...
Wormholes that make shortcuts through space/time by distorting the fabric of space. Of course, again, theory. I have a theory that we arenā€™t the only life in the universe. Science disclaims the idea (for the most part) saying they need proof first. Where is the proof for multiple universes, and most of string theory? Gotta love it.

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™d love to see a picture of that
I saw 2000 arrows from a cache found in southern New Mexico in the early 1960s at the El Paso Archaeological society lab. I was a kid and didn't own a camera. These are my estimates, I did not count them someone at the lab did. 1800 had a fire hardened wood tip, 180 had a chip stuck into the fire hardened wood tip and 20 had a hafted arrowpoint.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw 2000 arrows from a cache found in southern New Mexico in the early 1960s at the El Paso Archaeological society lab. I was a kid and didn't own a camera. These are my estimates, I did not count them someone at the lab did. 1800 had a fire hardened wood tip, 180 had a chip stuck into the fire hardened wood tip and 20 had a hafted arrowpoint.
Wonder what the age that cache was. I wonder if it was early adoption of bow and arrow or later.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
these news media reports are always like that. If you want the real rundown you have to go find the professional writeups the info comes from, those can be hard to find and are usually very, very long and filled with data that is very confusing to the general public.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wormholes that make shortcuts through space/time by distorting the fabric of space. Of course, again, theory. I have a theory that we arenā€™t the only life in the universe. Science disclaims the idea (for the most part) saying they need proof first. Where is the proof for multiple universes, and most of string theory? Gotta love it.

Most every astrophysicist and cosmologist I've heard/seen/read are
certain there is life elsewhere in the universe. Still, it is only theory until
proven fact; that is the very nature of science.

As for space/time, time is not a constant due to time dilation. The
GPS satellites circling the Earth must adjust their atomic clocks to
account for the lower gravity and their speed relative to the Earth.
If they did not make that time adjustment, people following their
GPS would wind up in St. Charles instead of St. Louis.

Here's a great article that explains it in (somewhat) plainer terms.

I can't prove it, but like you I most definitely believe there is life
elsewhere in the universe. I'd be thrilled even if all they found were
tadpoles, as given enough time and Mr. Darwin's theory, intelligent,
sentient life will evolve. We could also, just as easily, meet a species
that is a billion years ahead of us in development, and who aren't
the least bit interested in conversing with such a primitive culture.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread