1000 Acre Permission - Games Strips/Bird Cover - Hammered + Roman Site...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was our final outing to the 100 acre permission where we finished off the last 2 bits of Bird Cover. I got the the hammered in the first hour but otherwise it was a slow session finishing at the 4 hour point.
Medieval open-topped Thimble
Cauldron Foot
Near complete 18th C Crotal Bell
Charles I Hammered Penny

As we were about to leave Land-Mag gave us a call to let us know about a small ploughed area on one of our best Roman Sites (a kind of hotel, which we have been doing our own Private Archaeological digs on) It was a small parcel of land recently sold off & had been ploughed before putting grass seed in. We had to be quick because after the seed goes in we shouldn't dig. It only took us 1 hour 15 mins but we had a good result;
6 Roman Coins
Roman Disc Brooch
Roman Silver Hair Pin Top (best one I've had)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

Upvote 23

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was our final outing to the 100 acre permission where we finished off the last 2 bits of Bird Cover. I got the the hammered in the first hour but otherwise it was a slow session finishing at the 4 hour point.
Cauldron Foot
Charles I Hammered Penny

As we were about to leave Land-Mag gave us a call to let us know about a small ploughed area on one of our best Roman Sites (a kind of hotel, which we have been doing our own Private Archaeological digs on) It was a small parcel of land recently sold off & had been ploughed before putting grass seed in. We had to be quick because after the seed goes in we shouldn't dig. It only took us 1 hour 15 mins but we had a good result;
6 Roman Coins
Roman Disc Brooch

View attachment 2031458 View attachment 2031459 View attachment 2031460 View attachment 2031461 View attachment 2031464 View attachment 2031465
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always love seeing your finds. keep 'em coming
Arrrg...

You must enjoy knowing Cruz's finds make grown men weep... bring grown men to their knees... Policemen turn in their badges... and Old women do cartwheels.

:P

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrg...

You must enjoy knowing Cruz's finds make grown men weep... bring grown men to their knees... Policemen turn in their badges... and Old women do cartwheels.

That made me laugh think about the Old Women.....

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrg...

well, all that and that seeing his finds (especially the Roman coins) are a constant reminder of what got me interested in detecting. It was seeing my uncle's finds of Roman and older British coins while he was in England that got me interested. So, Crue's finds always serve as a reminder to me

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Overall a pretty good day of digging.
Well done on the silver pin top and the hammered.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds again Crusader! The soil is kind in England so that even the thimble looks good. The coins are one thing but what metal is the thimble made of?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds again Crusader! The soil is kind in England so that even the thimble looks good. The coins are one thing but what metal is the thimble made of?
An Archie would say 'copper-alloy' but it's probably closest to bronze.

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Cauldron Foot
Charles I Hammered Penny

6 Roman Coins
Roman Disc Brooch

View attachment 2031458 View attachment 2031459 View attachment 2031460 View attachment 2031461 View attachment 2031464 View attachment 2031465
Amazing findings

Congrats

Enjoy seeing what you are discovering

Any video?

πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ½

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any video?

πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ½
I don't even own a mobile & Cru'dad only has a burner phone, so no capability to do that.
However, even if we did, it would, in my opinion waste detecting time. Every second counts with my style of detecting. (Part of my success)
Lastly I'm photophobic....lol
Short answer - No.

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
I don't even own a mobile & Cru'dad only has a burner phone, so no capability to do that.
However, even if we did, it would, in my opinion waste detecting time. Every second counts with my style of detecting. (Part of my success)
Lastly I'm photophobic....lol
Short answer - No.
Agree, we can not waste time taking videos! Always better swiping the equipment πŸ˜ƒ

But I’m ready to flight to that amazing place and take some videos of your findings πŸ€ͺ🀣

Have a great finding week

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread