All Treasure Hunting

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's be frank, you likely didn't want her to take the vaccine long before you learned that vaccine's, medicine and surgical procedures all have, wait for it...side effects?! Say it isn't so!

It is a known side effect of all vaccines that they can cause flu like symptoms in some patients, but the benefits far outweigh the risks, especially to an 80 year old.

You know, my Eliquis (a blood thinner), has a side effect of stroke and fatal aneurisms in some, but again, it's benefits outweigh the risk, it's how medicine works, and it's benefits are why i'm alive and millions other just like me.

If one doesn't want to take any drug, one can always find some side effect someone had to justify not taking it, but that's just plain willful ignorance at work.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, there were 3,100 deaths from Covid in the USA and 295,000 total to date in the USA.

Side Effect of Covid: Average daily death toll 2000+ US citizens, many elderly.

Side Effect of Covid Vaccine: A participant had a 104 fever for less then a day.

Conclusion: Heck no, no way i'm taking that darn vaccine, way too dangerous!

If you want some insight into why these types of thought processes are happening, check out the recent documentary on Netflix, called "A Social Dilemma", it explains how the internet is fueling us with dangerous mis-information and dividing us into heavily polarized, partisan groups: https://www.netflix.com/title/81254224

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way worse than people know. Population control. Secret ingredients added to modify genes. Not even a vaccine. Effects don't show up for years.

tmac20

Greenie
Nov 20, 2020
Michigan, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO and Pro pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vaccine was RUSHED through trials, AND is completely experimental. It will only be effective in reducing symptoms and not prevent you from getting the virus....much like the flu vaccine, which is 20% effective at best, and people still get sick.
It's absurd to think they can pinpoint a virus that is constantly changing (Like the flu) and claim 100% efficacy. We are being duped.
So this vaccine will ensure that you get the virus and, best case scenario, you'll be a non-symptomatic carrier. This WILL NOT PREVENT you from getting this virus. 15-20% of vaccine study participants reported SEVERE side effects which lasted 2-3 days. They are recommending healthcare workers receive the vaccine in stages so they don't lose their entire workforce for 2 days after the jab. They know it is dangerous.
A GREAT source of information (Censorship free) is the Highwire.com. Watch or listen to the last 3-4 episodes and come to your own conclusions....they dive deep into the science, and bring thousands of reputable scientists and Drs, from all over the world, who have been warning about these dangers for months. They also have been following the vaccine trials from day 1 and have reported multiple deaths, and other serious reactions from study participants. https://thehighwire.com/videos/a-vaccine-on-the-horizon/

Just do your research, but please don't rely on the CDC or WHO to tell you it safe, they all stand to make a lot of $ on this con game.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's be frank, you likely didn't want her to take the vaccine long before you learned that vaccine's, medicine and surgical procedures all have, wait for it...side effects?! Say it isn't so!

It is a known side effect of all vaccines that they can cause flu like symptoms in some patients, but the benefits far outweigh the risks, especially to an 80 year old.

You know, my Eliquis (a blood thinner), has a side effect of stroke and fatal aneurisms in some, but again, it's benefits outweigh the risk, it's how medicine works, and it's benefits are why i'm alive and millions other just like me.

If one doesn't want to take any drug, one can always find some side effect someone had to justify not taking it, but that's just plain willful ignorance at work.

I'm far more concerned about the logistics of distribution for a vaccine that will only be available for about 20% of those in the first group - those who need it first, while we ship doses to countries that have contracts with Pfizer, etc. and have all managed to control the pandemic better. And now we learn that the US refused the option to reserve additional doses. Add in the challenges of transporting and storing something at -94 and the spoilage, I don't expect to have the choice to receive it in 2021 (over 65 age group), if ever.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh gosh, so much mis-information to unpack here:

The vaccine was RUSHED through trials...

"RUSHED". Subjective choice of words if one wants to fill a Narrative of dangerous. Karen's the world over do rejoice! The Presidents subjective choice of words was "EXPEDITED", which i agree is more accurate. It wasn't a bunch of incompetent baboons rushing around with beakers and test-tubes, these were some of the worlds best epidemiologists, biologists, geneticists and infectious disease doctors in the world coming together to save human lives and they should be applauded.

Also, the Ebola vaccine for the Zika Outbreak was created in 180 days, so it's not unprecedented.

...AND is completely experimental.

It is not experimental what-so-ever. Development of vaccines is a tried and true process for over 100 years now. So streamlined and refined is the vaccination creation process that Moderna created their Covid-19 vaccine in 25 Days! It's the human trials and peer review of the results that take the time and have proven reliable with minimal side effects in these trial participant sizes with efficacy rates ranging from 90-95%:

There are 52 Trials going now worldwide, here are some notable ones and their trial sizes
Moderna: 30,000 participants
Johnson & Johnson: 40,000 participants
Pfizer: 40,000 Participants
Astrazeneca: 20,000 Participants

It will only be effective in reducing symptoms and not prevent you from getting the virus....

Respectfully, did you read the results of the trials? Most participants experienced no symptoms what so ever (over 80 percent). True, some could still be an asymptomatic carrier and pass it on to others, but the majority experienced no covid symptoms. Also, you're missing the forest through the trees, it prevented the most fatal symptom (pun intended), which is DEATH.

It 's absurd to think they can pinpoint a virus that is constantly changing (Like the flu) and claim 100% efficacy. We are being duped.

Not absurd at all, modern medical science is, well, science! Also, the efficacy is at around 90-95 percent in most studies, not 100 percent. True, it may morph and a revised vaccine needed in the future, thank the lord above for science! Duped? I'm not sure where you get all your facts, but yeah, you may have been duped on some of them.

So this vaccine will ensure that you get the virus and, best case scenario, you'll be a non-symptomatic carrier. This WILL NOT PREVENT you from getting this virus.

You are completely missing and mis-representing how vaccines work. A vaccine works by imitating an infection in the body, which produces “memory” T-lymphocytes, as well as B-lymphocytes, so that when your body encounters the real virus, it defeats it, so yeah, technically you "get it", but it is defeated right away, thats how vaccines work my friend.

15-20% of vaccine study participants reported SEVERE side effects which lasted 2-3 days.

True, but extremely mis-leading in that one needs to define what "severe" means and in the context of these trials, "Severe" is defined as anything that can limit your day to day effectiveness, which includes headache's, chills, mild fever etc. All are listed as "severe" in these trials.

They know it is dangerous.

Au-contraire, it has proven to be highly safe and effective.

They also have been following the vaccine trials from day 1 and have reported multiple deaths

Again, highly mis-leading and contains glaring omissions of fact. True, in the Pfizer trail (40,000 participants), 6 died, but 4 were in the placebo group and never even received the vaccine and the other 2 deaths, where not above the average death rate of 40,000 people (the number in that trial) over a 4 month period.

Just do your research,

Amen to that!

Last edited:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I am not going to get involved in an extended discussion. My problem with Go-Deep is his hubris turns me off, even if he is 100% correct. and I don't know that he is.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not going to get involved in an extended discussion. My problem with Go-Deep is his hubris turns me off, even if he is 100% correct. and I don't know that he is.

I'm glad you have a problem with me, it means you're reading my posts and presumably engaging in critical thinking. And you are correct, i'm not always right, if you go back through my post history, a few times i've been challenged and I acknowledged i was wrong, so if you see something i'm factually wrong about, challenge it.

Also, a bit of levity: I'm glad to hear I turn you off! Well, unless you are a hot blonde female....

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you have a problem with me, it means you're reading my posts and presumably engaging in critical thinking. And you are correct, i'm not always right, if you go back through my post history, a few times i've been challenged and I acknowledged i was wrong, so if you see something i'm factually wrong about, challenge it.

Also, a bit of levity: I'm glad to hear I turn you off! Well, unless you are a hot blonde female....

Meanwhile Duckshot is on GoDeep's "pay no mind" list?

I'm not sure "critical" can be legitimately used to describe the kind of thinking going on around here...

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, there were 3,100 deaths from Covid in the USA and 295,000 total to date in the USA.

Side Effect of Covid: Average daily death toll 2000+ US citizens, many elderly.

Side Effect of Covid Vaccine: A participant had a 104 fever for less then a day.

Conclusion: Heck no, no way i'm taking that darn vaccine, way too dangerous!

If you want some insight into why these types of thought processes are happening, check out the recent documentary on Netflix, called "A Social Dilemma", it explains how the internet is fueling us with dangerous mis-information and dividing us into heavily polarized, partisan groups: https://www.netflix.com/title/81254224

That argument goes both ways. It's which path do you choose to believe. It's DEF a sad state of affairs out there so everyone be safe out there!!!!!!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In most - but not all, instances of side effects, the reactions to a vaccine can be interpreted as evidence that the vaccine may be starting to "do its job". But in some cases, when a high fever itself may be a danger to the person, they need to discuss that with their personal doctor - who might suggest waiting a short time for one of the other vaccines to publish the results of their trials. If another vaccine does not show high fevers in the trials, but is just as effective, then it may be more appropriate for someone like the mom of the OP, assuming she can wait with low risk of infection. IMO, the value of having many different vaccine manufacturers could be that some will prove to be more suitable for certain groups, rather than a "one size fits all" approach.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think those who are Terrified of the Virus Should be running to take the Vaccine.
That way they can stop Crying about us Who Don't fear it & Don't take unconstitutional Orders to wear a mask
or avoid friends and family members !

however no one should have to take a vaccine either.

I know I'll refuse at least through October 2022 if I live that long.

I got ill after my Last Flu Shot , So I'm a bit Gun Shy on shots :tongue3:
though I think I have to take part 2 of the flu vaccine this month yet and will if that's what my appt is for
so soon.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh gosh, so much mis-information to unpack here:

"RUSHED". Subjective choice of words if one wants to fill a Narrative of dangerous. Karen's the world over do rejoice! The Presidents subjective choice of words was "EXPEDITED", which i agree is more accurate. It wasn't a bunch of incompetent baboons rushing around with beakers and test-tubes, these were some of the worlds best epidemiologists, biologists, geneticists and infectious disease doctors in the world coming together to save human lives and they should be applauded.

Also, the Ebola vaccine for the Zika Outbreak was created in 180 days, so it's not unprecedented.

It is not experimental what-so-ever. Development of vaccines is a tried and true process for over 100 years now. So streamlined and refined is the vaccination creation process that Moderna created their Covid-19 vaccine in 25 Days! It's the human trials and peer review of the results that take the time and have proven reliable with minimal side effects in these trial participant sizes with efficacy rates ranging from 90-95%:

There are 52 Trials going now worldwide, here are some notable ones and their trial sizes
Moderna: 30,000 participants
Johnson & Johnson: 40,000 participants
Pfizer: 40,000 Participants
Astrazeneca: 20,000 Participants

Respectfully, did you read the results of the trials? Most participants experienced no symptoms what so ever (over 80 percent). True, some could still be an asymptomatic carrier and pass it on to others, but the majority experienced no covid symptoms. Also, you're missing the forest through the trees, it prevented the most fatal symptom (pun intended), which is DEATH.

Not absurd at all, modern medical science is, well, science! Also, the efficacy is at around 90-95 percent in most studies, not 100 percent. True, it may morph and a revised vaccine needed in the future, thank the lord above for science! Duped? I'm not sure where you get all your facts, but yeah, you may have been duped on some of them.

You are completely missing and mis-representing how vaccines work. A vaccine works by imitating an infection in the body, which produces “memory” T-lymphocytes, as well as B-lymphocytes, so that when your body encounters the real virus, it defeats it, so yeah, technically you "get it", but it is defeated right away, thats how vaccines work my friend.

True, but extremely mis-leading in that one needs to define what "severe" means and in the context of these trials, "Severe" is defined as anything that can limit your day to day effectiveness, which includes headache's, chills, mild fever etc. All are listed as "severe" in these trials.

Au-contraire, it has proven to be highly safe and effective.

Again, highly mis-leading and contains glaring omissions of fact. True, in the Pfizer trail (40,000 participants), 6 died, but 4 were in the placebo group and never even received the vaccine and the other 2 deaths, where not above the average death rate of 40,000 people (the number in that trial) over a 4 month period.

Amen to that!

Aieeee! Placebo's kill!
L.o.l.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sister is currently in a nursing home (at age 52 no less due to an illness she is recovering from) and yesterday she tested positive for the Corona Virus, so we are crossing our fingers.

It isn't a matter of "fear", it's a matter of ending the needless deaths and ending lockdowns.

Those complaining about lockdowns and those complaining about deaths, gee, both sides can come together and end this. Otherwise, if not enough people take the vaccine, it'll continue to drag on and people like my sister, the most vulnerable, will continue to die.

Me personally, i'm looking forward to a return to normalcy and not having to worry if i may harm my loved ones.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think those who are Terrified of the Virus Should be running to take the Vaccine.
That way they can stop Crying about us Who Don't fear it & Don't take unconstitutional Orders to wear a mask
or avoid friends and family members !

There are thousands of restrictions to our individual liberties that could be decried as "unconstitutional" because a strict reading of the constitution shows they could never have been anticipated. I continue to wear my seat belts as a driver and passenger. I drive safely on the right side of the road. It matters not if I think I have some right to drive 100 past a school. The ones crying are those selfishly insisting they have some unspecified "constitutional rights" to infect others.

The restrictions on unlimited individual freedoms is the price we pay to live in society.

There is a constitutional process that can be used to challenge restrictions - and it is not to risk others because we don't "like" any inconvenience or to storm a state capitol with assault weapons.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't wear a seat belt for various reasons and won't !

One reason Shortly after they Implemented the Seat Belt law , they Removed the Helmet Law :dontknow:

It's Not about Individual safety It's who you are and what you like to drive.

of course I don't speed , I don't want to wreck , Besides it's too hard to Spit on People I Pass ! but don't tell me I can't run my own life.

if you see me coming your direction there are usually 3 ways you can run if you feAR I'M A WALKING TALKING VIRUS
intending on giving you a Big Sloppy Bear Hug :laughing7:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread