11 REASONS WHY NOT TO BUY TESORO

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More civil war relics have been found between Chattanooga and Atlanta with Tesoro metal detectors than all all other machines combined. It is liuke you are bashing a classic 1948 Harley Davidson Panhead compared to a modern day Yamaha R6 .

Last edited by a moderator:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More civil war relics have been found between Chattanooga and Atlanta with Tesoro metal detectors than all all other machines combined. It is liuke you are bashing a classic 1948 Harley Davidson Panhead compared to a modern day Yamaha R6 .

Like the comparison. Love my Tesoros. Of course, I also like to use antique fishing tackle, antique shotguns and revolvers, etc., 60's Chevy pickups, even though there are modern ones available that many people consider to be "better" - and maybe they are.

Hey, we need a pithy quote about how they can pry our Tesoros from our cold dirty fingers.

Last edited:

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the years i have used almost 50% what was on the market from Tesoro. I still like them, they always been a part of me and today i still own 2 Tesoro's. The problem is that at the end they had to many models and the newer models were also outdated. Prices here in Europe for Tesoro were almost 60% higher then in the States, we only had 2 year of guarantee instead of lifetime in the States. I own a Lobo Super Traq and no detector found me so much gold juwelry then my Lobo. For gold jewelry it is better then my Nox and Deus but i never would buy it new at 999 euro what costing price is here. Most of the models were overpriced.

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had my Tejon out for a couple of days. It's funny that he has compared them to Pintos LOL... In fact, they are more like Dodge Chargers and Road Runners. They dont have computers or fuel injectors, but they still pack a mean PUNCH.

I find it strange that deeptech has mimicked every Tesoro ever made. I have to wonder if maybe they in fact have purchased the schematics ?

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They punch through bad ground DEEP and HARD.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My really old Tesoro Sidewinder is nicknamed the "Silver Whisperer". I have even found gold nuggets with it in all metal mode.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s kinda like a regular toothbrush vs an electric toothbrush IMO.

One is old school and slow, the other faster and recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists.

But... If you know how to properly use either, you’ll have clean teeth.

I have both machines, I know how to use both. I like both. I find stuff with both.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s kinda like a regular toothbrush vs an electric toothbrush IMO.

One is old school and slow, the other faster and recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists.

But... If you know how to properly use either, you’ll have clean teeth.

I have both machines, I know how to use both. I like both. I find stuff with both.

Well said. Tesoro forced me to learn how to really focus on audio and in reality become a better detectorist while doing so. It's a breath of fresh air to grab the old beep and dig unit from time to time and be free from screen watching.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use my Cibola. I have nicknamed it "killer".

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That guy has probably seen your videos and figures that anywhere near your house would be a good place to find some deep treasures with the Tejon...

Or he "pinged" your phone and now knows where you hunt . ???

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW.
I still have my Tejon , tho it has been boxed from the factory as it was when I got in back in June 2018.
It's re tuned ( for the stock coil ) + I got a big round coil for it .

I know it's language , & it has found me a few Thousand $ in finds , Including a Small Half Dime.

I'm glad it's there/ here.

Soooo, To each it's own.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have gotten quite a kick out of this thread. During the 10-years I ran Arizona Gold Adventures, the 25 Tesoro Lobo Super Trac's we used found over 2.7 Troy pounds of gold nuggets and pickers for our clients. My Vaquero paid for itself within two-months with gold and silver finds. My Cibola only took a week to pay for itself. My Sand Shark, ahh, I miss my Sand Shark, found over $5,000.00 worth (melt) of gold jewelry on Long Island, and Bronx, NY, beaches in less than two-years. Musket balls, grapeshot, three-ringers, and clad, just to much to even count.

Tesoro started it's death dive for real when James left. He was the brother that drove marketing, advertising, public relations, and customer outreach. Vince, is introverted, and just wanted to teach school (which is what he does now). Jack (their dad), was THE driving force behind Tesoro, and when he passed, so did the Company. Great machines, built like tanks, and they can find the good stuff.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten quite a kick out of this thread. During the 10-years I ran Arizona Gold Adventures, the 25 Tesoro Lobo Super Trac's we used found over 2.7 Troy pounds of gold nuggets and pickers for our clients. My Vaquero paid for itself within two-months with gold and silver finds. My Cibola only took a week to pay for itself. My Sand Shark, ahh, I miss my Sand Shark, found over $5,000.00 worth (melt) of gold jewelry on Long Island, and Bronx, NY, beaches in less than two-years. Musket balls, grapeshot, three-ringers, and clad, just to much to even count.

Tesoro started it's death dive for real when James left. He was the brother that drove marketing, advertising, public relations, and customer outreach. Vince, is introverted, and just wanted to teach school (which is what he does now). Jack (their dad), was THE driving force behind Tesoro, and when he passed, so did the Company. Great machines, built like tanks, and they can find the good stuff.

RIP

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunt North Georgia. Some in Tennessee. I know Daniel In Tn ....he got on Youtube at a firing range that local hunters had been hunting for over 40 years and in his Youtube video , he claimed it as his own. He claimed he found it and named it Bullet hill. That is okay. He is a young guy just lile calabsh digger that has been hunting a few years. What Daniel did not tell you while bashing a Tesoro is that his new found Bullet Hill has some of the worst bad ground any of us in this county has ever seen. See , Daniel is not from this county. He did not know we had found as many as 10,000 fired bullets from this spot and it is a spot we saved for hot weather or to take newbie's there to learn to hunt. No Harm , No fowl Daniel. The only thing that bothered me was him bashing a Tesoro at the site. I have hauled so many artillery shells out of site that it busted a shock tower on the truck. My partner used a metal box Eldorado with a 11 inch wide scan and then a Bandido II Unax and he found so much stuff that he had to build a small building to put it all in while Callabash digger was playing in his back yard sandbox

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Great thread! Lots of good info. Can’t believe that Tesoro Cibola wouldn’t hit on the silver!!??? I really love the 50 tones on the Equinox. Might be time to upgrade my AT Pro. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Pro, but I’ve always wanted a Minelab and the more videos I watch with the Equinox, the more I want one. Having 50 tones compared to AT pros 3, would be nicer on the ears. I started with an Ace 250 and within a yr I got sick of that bell tone so I said I need to get me an AT pro...boy did I fall in love and now I’m feeling the same with the AT pro like I did with the Ace. 8 yrs with the AT pro, I think it’s time for something new.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt North Georgia. Some in Tennessee. I know Daniel In Tn ....he got on Youtube at a firing range that local hunters had been hunting for over 40 years and in his Youtube video , he claimed it as his own. He claimed he found it and named it Bullet hill. That is okay. He is a young guy just lile calabsh digger that has been hunting a few years. What Daniel did not tell you while bashing a Tesoro is that his new found Bullet Hill has some of the worst bad ground any of us in this county has ever seen. See , Daniel is not from this county. He did not know we had found as many as 10,000 fired bullets from this spot and it is a spot we saved for hot weather or to take newbie's there to learn to hunt. No Harm , No fowl Daniel. The only thing that bothered me was him bashing a Tesoro at the site. I have hauled so many artillery shells out of site that it busted a shock tower on the truck. My partner used a metal box Eldorado with a 11 inch wide scan and then a Bandido II Unax and he found so much stuff that he had to build a small building to put it all in while Callabash digger was playing in his back yard sandbox

You found some shallow relics at a loaded site with a Tesoro.....so what....It would not even hit a 5 inch silver quarter in my sandbox.....:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread