12-20-17, silver and gold!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Hello fellow TNer's. After a very mild fall, old man winter is finally catching up with us up here. With that said the last weekend was not so nice out but I managed two hours but only a couple wheats and some clad and the normal trash and such...
The weekend before I got out both days for a few hours and again managed some wheats and all, but no silver.
The weather was to change on 12-21 so I made plans to leave work early both Tuesday and Wednesday before the real cold hit yesterday for possible the last hunts of the year.
Tuesday I got about 4 hours of swinging in and had 8 wheats, 8 quarters, 13 dimes(one is a 52D rosie!), 5 nickels and 54 pennies.
Yes, the 52 rosie made my day! (silver hound...what can I say...)
I only got about 2.5 hours in Wednesday but boy did I have fun!
The gold ring hit was a solid crisp mid tone with no scratchiness, about 4 inches deep and a high VDI of 68/71. It's a large diameter ring, about 11.5 in finger size, but it's paper thin and only weighs 3.6 grams.
The silver quarter was about 6 inches deep and hit a nice sweet high tone, 88/91.
The wide brass band came out first. IT was a really sweet high tone and 8 inches deep. I though for sure I had a silver coin...it was a very nice signal. If you look in the pic you can barely see the 14K stamp inside it. It is also stamped PHILLIPINE.
Thanks for looking and maybe if I keep posting my pics will get better with time.
HH AND GOOD LUCK....MERRY CHRISTMAS....MAY WE ALL HAVE A BANNER YEAR IN 2018.

Attachments

• IMGP0356.JPG
    IMGP0356.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 92
  • IMGP0359.JPG
    IMGP0359.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 94
  • IMGP0360.JPG
    IMGP0360.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 21

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Go man go! Silver AND gold.

Congrats on a nice haul of goodies.

Best wishes for the holidays sir.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice coin and jewelry hunt! :occasion14:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the silver and gold, and that 14K stamped brass ring is a great conversation piece!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread