12 -24 more inches of snow Monday. *sigh*

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aww boo to mother nature. Here in pa, 65+ for the week with rain. Thats about par for us.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've been getting up to the 70s for a week now. 20s at night, but it burns off fast.

This time of year is always frustrating. Fireplace at night, swamp cooler in the afternoon.

WM

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For us, it'll rain damn near everyday until the end of May. Aka, the Pa Monsoon season.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just saw that on the Weather Channel and my heart went out to everyone, especially MDers, in those states.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's time to start making sacrifices. Start with the groundhogs!

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wyoming,

I feel your pain. Just this week the ice finally left the lake in front of the house, and temps hit the 50's. This morning the air was cold and sleet was falling. It is definitely time for spring to get here and stay here. Good luck with your cabin detecting.

GeauxLSU

Apr 2, 2013
Baton Rouge, La
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
80 degrees and sunny in south Louisiana. Great weather for some LSU baseball and metal detecting ! :)

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My greatest sympathies, that forecast really sucks. You know it's going to melt fast but any snow at this time of year is just torture. I can only suggest you're prepare for the storm Minnesota style (plenty of beer and Doritos in the pantry) and wait it out.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're pretty set for storms here.

Fire roaring, food stocked, vehicles fueled.

I got out and MD'd for 5 hours today. Gotta get it out of my system for a few days.

WM

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, now send sympathies my way. Six inches of snow headed towards me in the next couple of days. There is a reason we don't drain the gas from the snowblower until June 1, but damn, I thought we were done.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just watched 10 inches fall in the last 2 hours, and show shoed through it and 80+ mph winds.

Live my job, MOST days.

Watch out, it's coming.

WM

H

Holly_squirrel

Oh that does suck. Here in PA is gonna be close to 80 degrees tomorrow ... One degree over that and it's to hot for me.. We tend to go from 40 degrees to 90 overnight ... Yuck. And humid. Humidity sucks.. But enough about me... Lol. Sucks to be you .... My condolences on the snow

H

Holly_squirrel

Jay In NewKen said:
For us, it'll rain damn near everyday until the end of May. Aka, the Pa Monsoon season.

Where in PA? Today was friggen hot in southeast PA .. People had on sundresses and tank tops.... At Walmart.... I saw lots of " the people of Walmart" my eyes are still burning and watery .... I don't think it's allergies.. Lol

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where in PA? Today was friggen hot in southeast PA .. People had on sundresses and tank tops.... At Walmart.... I saw lots of " the people of Walmart" my eyes are still burning and watery .... I don't think it's allergies.. Lol

Near Pittsburgh, Holly. Supposed to be near 80 by Wednesday, but dipping back down in the 50's by the weekend. Its still better than sleet and snow. My sympathy for those still dealing with that crap.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 80 degrees today and supposed to get up to about 75 tomorrow. But tomorrow night it will drop to 28!

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up to this. Another foot of fresh powder and still snowing hard.

Snowy AM.JPG

Certainly going to put a dent in my detecting for a few days.

WM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread