12 rings in one hunt, including a gold one with ice from the water and a buffalo from the park

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was time to go back to see if the contributors had left me anything in the last 4 weeks in a local fresh water lake swimming area. It has been hot so I figured there has probably been a decent number of swimmers using the place.

I spent 3.5 hours giving the area a going over with the ATPro. I found a silver earring, 12 rings, a length of fine brass chain, 7 junky earrings, an earring back, 4 sinkers, 3 tabs, a 22 shell casing, a piece of heavy junky chain and pieces of foil.

77791915-9ECA-4D43-B288-0F116CA04953.jpeg

D448D878-84A2-4C3B-A8B3-834BEEE18018.jpeg

Most of the rings are junk. Several of them have the plating worn off so you can se the copper underneath and they rang up like pennies. 3 of the rings were goodies. The first silver ring has a heart shaped CZ and has a funny bend to the back, not sure why. The second one has 3 czs and gave a solid 68 on the VDI. The third one is 14k white gold with 19 little diamonds and was a solid 46 on the VDI. Gold is good and ice is nice even if they are small. I look at the VDI, but if it is a mid or high tone I’m going to scopp it up regardless. The VDI is a guide, a suggestion, not an absolute because sometimes the goodies don’t read like they are supposed to. So that is the most rings I have ever found in a single hunt. You never know what will turn up. I found a few more small things like the earring back and a sequin that is not pictured. Another successful water hunt. Too bad more of the rings weren’t goodies.

D5FA1913-D78B-4B02-B97E-DFD4D18E6C87.jpeg

I did a hunt with the CZ21 in the oldest park in the area. Now this park is not very large and has been detected for over 40 years, but goodies still turn up occasionally. I have found barkers, Indians and civil war bullets (it is on the other end of civil war camp with the civil war bullet school). I spent 4.5 hours going over high traffic areas digging the recent losses and hoping for something older that has been missed.

I managed to find 88 coins with a face value of $6.16, a watch crystal with gold (colored)frame, a buffalo nickel, 2 thin aluminum disks found stacked (has a circle B on one-no idea what they are from),a key, tabs and can slaw.

D391F0D9-24C6-4EDB-AE6B-1EE42DBBAB0B.jpeg

The buffalo is a 1928. It is in much better shape than normal for buffalos found around here. It was really close to the surface and my thoughts are that it was part of grand dad’s coin jar that was rolled and ended up in circulation. No way to tell for sure, but it I’ll take it. These don’t show up that often.

ECF85A1B-546B-4FF7-BF63-1CAB47044950.jpeg

So a couple more good hunts. 3 silvers, a gold and a buffalo are a good start for the week. I’m not done for the week so there will be more to come, but I thought 12 rings was worth a post. I’m off to the scout camp next. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• 631A9302-D1F9-4E2D-97F1-D98E63F26271.jpeg
    631A9302-D1F9-4E2D-97F1-D98E63F26271.jpeg
    508 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 34

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your major accomplishments

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
It was time to go back to see if the contributors had left me anything in the last 4 weeks in a local fresh water lake swimming area. It has been hot so I figured there has probably been a decent number of swimmers using the place.

I spent 3.5 hours giving the area a going over with the ATPro. I found a silver earring, 12 rings, a length of fine brass chain, 7 junky earrings, an earring back, 4 sinkers, 3 tabs, a 22 shell casing, a piece of heavy junky chain and pieces of foil.

View attachment 2042104

View attachment 2042105

Most of the rings are junk. Several of them have the plating worn off so you can se the copper underneath and they rang up like pennies. 3 of the rings were goodies. The first silver ring has a heart shaped CZ and has a funny bend to the back, not sure why. The second one has 3 czs and gave a solid 68 on the VDI. The third one is 14k white gold with 19 little diamonds and was a solid 46 on the VDI. Gold is good and ice is nice even if they are small. I look at the VDI, but if it is a mid or high tone I’m going to scopp it up regardless. The VDI is a guide, a suggestion, not an absolute because sometimes the goodies don’t read like they are supposed to. So that is the most rings I have ever found in a single hunt. You never know what will turn up. I found a few more small things like the earring back and a sequin that is not pictured. Another successful water hunt. Too bad more of the rings weren’t goodies.

View attachment 2042103

I did a hunt with the CZ21 in the oldest park in the area. Now this park is not very large and has been detected for over 40 years, but goodies still turn up occasionally. I have found barkers, Indians and civil war bullets (it is on the other end of civil war camp with the civil war bullet school). I spent 4.5 hours going over high traffic areas digging the recent losses and hoping for something older that has been missed.

I managed to find 88 coins with a face value of $6.16, a watch crystal with gold (colored)frame, a buffalo nickel, 2 thin aluminum disks found stacked (has a circle B on one-no idea what they are from),a key, tabs and can slaw.

View attachment 2042106

The buffalo is a 1928. It is in much better shape than normal for buffalos found around here. It was really close to the surface and my thoughts are that it was part of grand dad’s coin jar that was rolled and ended up in circulation. No way to tell for sure, but it I’ll take it. These don’t show up that often.

View attachment 2042107

So a couple more good hunts. 3 silvers, a gold and a buffalo are a good start for the week. I’m not done for the week so there will be more to come, but I thought 12 rings was worth a post. I’m off to the scout camp next. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Good haul there!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2042104

View attachment 2042105

View attachment 2042103

View attachment 2042106

View attachment 2042107

12 rings! Awesome hunt. Congratulations

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your great finds!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2042104

View attachment 2042105

View attachment 2042103

View attachment 2042106

View attachment 2042107

Awesome Hunt!!!! Congrats!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring total! I think your buffalo is actually a 1926.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring total! I think your buffalo is actually a 1926.
Thanks to all. It was a surprising day for sure. Never thought I’d find that many rings in a hunt.

Cudamark I do believe you are right. I looked hard at it and thought I could see an indent in the side that would make it a 28, but looking more closely I’m pretty sure it is a 26. Thanks for the help. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW, you're a GOD of rings. Good record to chase. I'll bet, given the number of rings. that the place had not been hunted in a long, long time and chances are that there are more rings to find! Need help let me know!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, you're a GOD of rings. Good record to chase. I'll bet, given the number of rings. that the place had not been hunted in a long, long time and chances are that there are more rings to find! Need help let me know!!
Sorry to tell you this but I had checked this area over carefully about 5 weeks ago. Those 12 rings are all new losses. I clean this swimming area out pretty carefully down to the last earring back every year for the past 20 years. I’m not the only one who hunts here either, but I don’t think anyone else has been there in the last 5 week Maybe that’s why there were so many rings this time. Nobody beat me to them.

Thanks for your reply, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first silver ring has a heart shaped CZ and has a funny bend to the back, not sure why.
It probably nested in with at least one or two other rings like an anniversary ,wedding and engagement set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread