126 coins in one hole

Garypederson

Aug 4, 2020
Payson, Az, Avila beach, Ca, Naples, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug & Whites Spectra 3vi & Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am here in San Luis Obispo, Ca at the site of the original race track from the 30s. Now a community park keeping the same slopes, etc. just got started on a slope thinking this is where spectators sat to watch the race cars. Whites VSi really sounded multiple identifiable numbers. Started digging. Ended up finding 126 coins in one hole. Bystanders dog kept wanting to dig with me. Another bystander kept track of the coins as I uncovered each a little deeper. Nothing older than 1939. Many quarters, dimes, and nickels. Can’t figure out why so many in one hole. None new. Fun dig

Attachments

• A1B213F4-CB04-4F88-A5E2-D15A313AA070.jpeg
    A1B213F4-CB04-4F88-A5E2-D15A313AA070.jpeg
    676.9 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 30

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have found the location to one of the concession stand windows. I was lucky enough one time to be detecting with my Pop in an old rodeo arena. My Pop knew about where the stand was and it was like you found your site, coin after coin in one hole. After a while, we were just digging with our hands and finding the edge of the area, then following down to the deepest finds. Pop said the small wood building had one window and there were pallets laid in front of the window to give you a step up.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going . If you don't want them you can send to ME ??? LOL

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on that great recovery
I never find that many all season sometimes

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
Am here in San Luis Obispo, Ca at the site of the original race track from the 30s. Now a community park keeping the same slopes, etc. just got started on a slope thinking this is where spectators sat to watch the race cars. Whites VSi really sounded multiple identifiable numbers. Started digging. Ended up finding 126 coins in one hole. Bystanders dog kept wanting to dig with me. Another bystander kept track of the coins as I uncovered each a little deeper. Nothing older than 1939. Many quarters, dimes, and nickels. Can’t figure out why so many in one hole. None new. Fun dig
cool,silver count?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Cool spill!!! Bet that got Your heart pumping!!! Congrats!!!

Blewfur

Jan 12, 2021
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Nokta Makro Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Your whole day of Taco money in one hole!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, that's a serious coin spill\cache. wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread