1.3 MB · Views: 608

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
that would be April 25th 2020 at noon...correct ? ….got it marked on the calander

Last edited:

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You're so on the ball, John!

I can't believe I'll miss another year. Have a big convention in Orlando that weekend. If I can find a way to finagle an escape, I will. I'd hate to miss a 2nd picnic in a row!

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting side note. That weekend on Apr 25,26 is the Vero Beach Air Show and the Blue Angels are scheduled to appear.

If someone is travelling to the area it might be something they want to see. They might be doing high speed passes near the picnic. Depends on the wind direction I guess.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant even look 2 Daughters in College 3 jobs but some day I hope everyone has a blast

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I cant even look 2 Daughters in College 3 jobs but some day I hope everyone has a blast

How things change...when I was in college back in the 1970s, I was the one with 3 jobs.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
52 days until the Cookout.
Quit your job, sell your stuff and come to The Treasure Hunter's Cookout in Sebastian, Florida...you may regret it someday, but you'll have those memories.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So,I quit my job. Retired actually. Have hotel reservations, an extra $20 in my pocket for gas to drive from Kansas City. Then along comes a virus.

Any news out of Wabasso? Sure hope this happens. But, will understand if it does not. We are all in this together wether you want to be or not.

RJGMC

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Regrettably, Bill Black and I have been forced to postpone the 12th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout. The Coronavirus has taken over every aspect of our lives including this cookout. We have quite a few elderly treasure hunters that could find this their last cookout should they attend. We don't want that! Food and supplies are questionable. The governor has shut down all the hotels in the Keys and threatens to close more. Beaches are being closed off and Bars and restaurants being closed or limited. There is also the rumor that the governor might call up the National Guard to break up gatherings of more than 50 people even on private property. Therefore, we have no choice but to postpone and arrange a future date when the threat has passed. Bill and I will let everyone know as soon as we settle on one. Hopefully, you folks traveling long distances and are to stay in hotels will have enough time to cancel out without any out of pocket expenses.

Attachments

• 12th Annual Cookout Flyer web.jpg
    12th Annual Cookout Flyer web.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 173
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
It's time to put this on your Calendar!

Regrettably, Bill Black and I have been forced to postpone the 12th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout. The Coronavirus has taken over every aspect of our lives including this cookout. We have quite a few elderly treasure hunters that could find this their last cookout should they attend. We don't want that! Food and supplies are questionable. The governor has shut down all the hotels in the Keys and threatens to close more. Beaches are being closed off and Bars and restaurants being closed or limited. There is also the rumor that the governor might call up the National Guard to break up gatherings of more than 50 people even on private property. Therefore, we have no choice but to postpone and arrange a future date when the threat has passed. Bill and I will let everyone know as soon as we settle on one. Hopefully, you folks traveling long distances and are to stay in hotels will have enough time to cancel out without any out of pocket expenses.

Attachments

• 12th Annual Cookout Flyer web.jpg
    12th Annual Cookout Flyer web.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 140

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoped it would not come to this, but you have no choice. Please let us know when the rescheduled event will be in the months to come.

It will be a long year, but we shall get through this.

Hope to see all the pirates later in the year!

RJGMC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew that was coming, unfortunately it is what it is, picnic has a lot more than 50 attendees for sure, closer to 300 than 50.

Look forward to the reschedule, maybe after hurricane season.

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sincerely hope you are able to hold all of the events mentioned here.
This virus truly sucks.
Just don't risk your lives needlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions