Status
Not open for further replies.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some light humor:

I remember when you could smoke at a bar....now you cant even drink at a bar!

Keep in mind, it is not a vaccine unless it comes from the Vaccine' region of France...otherwise its just sparkling antidote.8-)

I see that pot is now legal to smoke in Florida, so you can light up at a family gathering.

Unfortunately, while pot is legal, family gatherings are not.....:BangHead:

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some light humor:

Keep in mind, it is not a vaccine unless it comes from the Vaccine' region of France...otherwise its just sparkling antidote.8-)

I see that pot is now legal to smoke in Florida, so you can light up at a family gathering.

Thanks Xaos, humor is always appreciated.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes...we all need a bit of humor to break 2020 down..

Best wishes for 2021!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ok, it's now March. The China virus has run it's course, despite .gov still trying to scare us.

Let's do this.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, it's now March. The China virus has run it's course, despite .gov still trying to scare us.

Let's do this.
Do we have our first volunteer BL? Only 6 weeks away. Maybe for those that have had their second shot of vaccine .... not rum!:laughing7:

We're all anxious to get back to "normal" but it's probably still too soon.
This is still a very serious illness for some people. We lost a valuable member of our local coin club last month that was starting a long trip of recovery when he suffered his third stroke from it. Which 2% of our community can we afford to lose/gamble with???

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Do we have our first volunteer BL? Only 6 weeks away. Maybe for those that have had their second shot of vaccine .... not rum!:laughing7:
We're all anxious to get back to "normal" but it's probably still too soon.
This is still a very serious illness for some people. We lost a valuable member of our local coin club last month that was starting a long trip of recovery when he suffered his third stroke from it. Which 2% of our community can we afford to lose/gamble with???
I'll bring the hot dogs like I always do.

Don't let .gov scare you. If they have their way we will never get back to normal. They like controlling us. Now Dr. Falsi is saying that people should wear TWO masks, even if they have been vaccinated. It's b.s.

Let's do this. It's outside. You have a greater chance of getting killed scuba diving than you do of catching the China virus and dying.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With any luck I'll have both shots by then and will have an unofficial picnic like last year, maybe at a local park with facilities.

It would tear me up if I was responsible for anyone coming down with this. I wear my mask out of respect to those I come in contact with. Growing up my mother always use to tell me I didn't get sick very often but when I did I tended to be affected worse than others, so I'm cautious.

I gotta stay kicking because there are more metal detecting finds waiting for me and the fish need terrorizing! :laughing7:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
With any luck I'll have both shots by then and will have an unofficial picnic like last year, maybe at a local park with facilities.

It would tear me up if I was responsible for anyone coming down with this. I wear my mask out of respect to those I come in contact with. Growing up my mother always use to tell me I didn't get sick very often but when I did I tended to be affected worse than others, so I'm cautious.

I gotta stay kicking because there are more metal detecting finds waiting for me and the fish need terrorizing! :laughing7:

I have news for you. That face diaper isn't going to stop a virus. Wash your hands and don't touch your face, that's how you keep from getting the Wuhan Flu.

I never had a flu shot in my entire life and I see no reason to get one now.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No, it didn't work. I had to take personal matters in hand.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some light humor:

Not legal yet.

Medical yes... recreational still no... but it supposed to be on 2022 ballot.

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
Is the picnic back on? Last Facebook post I saw said the 2021 picnic was cancelled due to Covid. Had I known it was going to not be postponed I would have held off listing this on Ebay and put it in the picnic auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124618460019

This picnic is on??? Can someone in the know confirm? If so I need to request the time off ASAP.

Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes quite some time to plan the picnic, being it is now mid March I don't think we will see one this year.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the picnic back on? Last Facebook post I saw said the 2021 picnic was cancelled due to Covid. Had I known it was going to not be postponed I would have held off listing this on Ebay and put it in the picnic auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124618460019

This picnic is on??? Can someone in the know confirm? If so I need to request the time off ASAP.

Thanks

Nothing really/officially. Boatload and I were just throwing around ideas because we would like it to be happening.

It takes quite some time to plan the picnic, being it is now mid March I don't think we will see one this year.

TH is sooo right about the time needed.
Last year when it got cancelled, I just had fun having a picnic in my yard the same weekend it was supposed to happen with my wife wearing a Treasure Hunters Cookout T-Shirt from a couple of years before and posting some images and music. I was reminiscing and thinking of doing the same this year.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It doesn't have to be this month. I don't see any reason we can't put one together for May or June.

Room rates at the Pennswood will probably be lower for our out of state attendees since it is out of season.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my opinion, but closer to June it is held moves into Florida's rainy season and hurricane season.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't have to be this month. I don't see any reason we can't put one together for May or June.

Room rates at the Pennswood will probably be lower for our out of state attendees since it is out of season.

Hmmmmm..... quite possible.

Just my opinion, but closer to June it is held moves into Florida's rainy season and hurricane season.

Plus the later it goes, the dive boat crews will be prepping for their season and will be bizeeee.

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
June too soon.
July stand by.
August you must.
September remember.
October all over.

Plus the later it goes, the dive boat crews will be prepping for their season and will be bizeeee.
They will probably welcome the excuse to take a Saturday off.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread