Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just heard from a good friend that there was a 13th Treasure Hunters Cookout last weekend in Sebastian. Thanks for telling me about it John.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ok, it's 2022. Enough of this China virus b.s. Let's do this.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you're afraid of catching a cold, don't come.
Omnicron is far more contagious than a cold, and far more suffering and dangerous, I know, I am just recovering from it now.

Reactions: ARC

liverock

May 23, 2008
Omnicron is far more contagious than a cold, and far more suffering and dangerous, I know, I am just recovering from it now.
Us also. Went on a 100% vaccinated guest/crew to the Caribbean last week . We did berth in Barbados but they put us next to the Voyager of the seas plague/quarantine ship, and of course the wind was blowing the wrong way. I was symptomatic that night...1/8.....pretty rough stuff. My other 1/2 is 72 and started 1/11.

She is much worse off than I was in the beginning.

They are closing all the ports to cruise ships...we missed 5 of them, they would not allow the ship. That is what is going to kill cruising. Hopefully this will build antibodies and we can get on with life. Get the shots folks...
The good news is it is like a really bad flu, and you don't die from it if you got the jabs.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Us also. Went on a 100% vaccinated guest/crew to the Caribbean last week . We did berth in Barbados but they put us next to the Voyager of the seas plague/quarantine ship, and of course the wind was blowing the wrong way. I was symptomatic that night...1/8.....pretty rough stuff. My other 1/2 is 72 and started 1/11.

She is much worse off than I was in the beginning.

They are closing all the ports to cruise ships...we missed 5 of them, they would not allow the ship. That is what is going to kill cruising. Hopefully this will build antibodies and we can get on with life. Get the shots folks...
The good news is it is like a really bad flu, and you don't die from it if you got the jabs.
Hope you and your wife are better quickly.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well heres what is happening on the treasurecoast.....seems like all of florida is infected !! Came on me at 3 am.....just like someone flipped the light switch......I woke up with the fever sweats and new I was sick instantly !! Herd immunity, boosters, double vax, blah...blah...blah.....at this point you can't believe anything you here or read....who's info is right, hell the doctors don't even know what info is the right info....bottom line is everyone should expect to get it, and we all must make our own decisions regarding how we handle it !! Hope it doesn't get to bad for me !!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They keep scaring everybody with number of cases. Most people who test positive are not sick. It's just a bad cold, it doesn't kill you or even put you in the hospital unless you have other serious health problems. You can't spend the rest of your life in fear.

It will be long gone by the time we usually have the picnic anyway. I say let's do this.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They keep scaring everybody with number of cases. Most people who test positive are not sick. It's just a bad cold, it doesn't kill you or even put you in the hospital unless you have other serious health problems. You can't spend the rest of your life in fear.

It will be long gone by the time we usually have the picnic anyway. I say let's do this.
Where are you getting the figures most positives are not sick, I know of many that are sick with it, wife and I just recovered from it.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Where are you getting the figures most positives are not sick, I know of many that are sick with it, wife and I just recovered from it.
Don't use Google, because the real numbers are censored. Use Duck Duck Go and you will find the information. Most people who test positive do not get sick. Yes, a lot of people are sick, but many more had a positive test and did not get sick.

They also inflate the hospitalization numbers. Everybody who goes to the hospital for whatever reason gets tested. If they test positive they count it as a hospitalization, even though the China virus was not why they are in the hospital.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't use Google, because the real numbers are censored. Use Duck Duck Go and you will find the information. Most people who test positive do not get sick. Yes, a lot of people are sick, but many more had a positive test and did not get sick.

They also inflate the hospitalization numbers. Everybody who goes to the hospital for whatever reason gets tested. If they test positive they count it as a hospitalization, even though the China virus was not why they are in the hospital.
I am sorry, but that is wrong, and I do use Duck Duck Go

"The omicron variant has helped drive the United States into uncharted territory for the pandemic. The country was reporting an average of more than 400,000 new Covid-19 cases every day as of January 3, easily eclipsing last winter’s record of 250,000. And infections are still spiking, with the number of newly reported cases quadrupling since the beginning of December.

There is still a lot of uncertainty with the omicron variant: We’re still learning exactly how transmissible it is, how likely it is to cause severe disease and for whom. But we know more now than we did when it first began spreading in the US.

All the early indications were that omicron was even more transmissible than its predecessors, at least in part because of its ability to partially evade preexisting immunity, and that has proven to be true. While earlier CDC estimates that the variant took over in the US in mid-December turned out to be overstated, omicron now appears to have surpassed the previously dominant delta variant in its share of new US cases."

Once you come down with a severe case of Omnicrom come back and tell us how mild it was. You most likely won't die from it, but you are going to feel like you are sick as hell, it is nothing like a common cold, at least it wasn't for me, my wife, or any of my friends who have come down with it. I have had pneumonia and I felt worse with the virus. I still have a nagging dry cough, sinus issues, and fatigue, chest muscles are sore from coughing too..

'

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I can tell you one thing boat.....don't get it.....it sucks....be careful buddy !!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didn't say it was pleasant. Any kind of flu sucks. But it's not worth putting on a hazmat suit and hiding under your bed. The flu has been around for a long time, and so will this. You have to live with it.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well I can tell you one thing boat.....don't get it.....it sucks....be careful buddy !!
I think I had it. One night I woke up soaking wet with sweat. When I got up the next morning I was fine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I had it. One night I woke up soaking wet with sweat. When I got up the next morning I was fine.
That wasn't the virus, you will know when you have suffered the virus.

I understand why John isn't planning the picnic and fully support him not wanting to spread the virus to other people and their families.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread