13 gram SILVER for $1!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this silver medical bracelet at a yard sale and asked the lady how much she wanted. She said a buck so I got it. She had coin books there and I asked if she had coins for sale. She said she'd maybe put them out next sale... so I'll be stopping by there the next time i see a sale!!! (Lucky for me it's right near my house so I can check every weekend) It's 13 grams so it's worth $5.50 for scrap value. $$$
20190720_135807.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 14

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONE FIFTH FOR A buck:occasion14:>>>>>>>>> I've fallen..... and I can't get up:laughing9:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job, congrats! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yard sales and thrift stores many times dont know what they have I recently got about 30 ounces in forks a pitcher ect for 6 dollars two 14 k earings get this from a Estate sale run by a Lady who didnt know squat lol Well done Mygirl

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yard sales and thrift stores many times dont know what they hace I recentl got about 30 ounces in forks a pitcher ect for 6 dollars two 14 k earings get this from a Estate sale run by a Lady who didnt know squat lol Well done Mygirl
Nice finds!!!
Yah I didn't make big bucks but hey, silver will always be worth something so why not? I've tried to find silver and gold jewelry and spoons at thrift stores and yard sales... this is the first jewelry I've found for cheap and all I'm finding is silver plated spoons that are cool but worth nothing.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many are not marked sterling or 925 but just have a little hallmark which can tell ya The 14k earings were marked on the post very hard to see.. Ill tell you if you learn about Antiques Toys ,Silver marks whatever interests you and know what to look for and what things are worth it takes time and learning but you can make some good money..And have fun too.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many are not marked sterling or 925 but just have a little hallmark which can tell ya The 14k earings were marked on the post very hard to see.. Ill tell you if you learn about Antiques Toys ,Silver marks whatever interests you and know what to look for and what things are worth it takes time and learning but you can make some good money..And have fun too.

I'll just stick with gold and silver... toys are tricky. For example I found a book about ty dolls and animals and you need to find the right tag on them to be worth something, and they have to be in good condition, and sometimes there are slight differences between a bear that is worth big bucks and a bear that is worth nothing. Too tricky for me! I know not evey toy would be like that but I'd still rather stick to gold and silver.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buy MV. Just another good deal by a very aware treasure hunter !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread