OP
OP
Corvus

Corvus

Jun 15, 2019
MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Hoped it would jump-start this forum section, even if not especially note-worthy.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Hoped it would jump-start this forum section, even if not especially note-worthy.
I think that with the last 2 or 3 years of covid,high prices and general anxiety that there just hasn,t been much garage sale activity,buying or selling,compared to pre covid,pre Biden times. That,s a great find you,ve got there,nice!:icon_thumleft:

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, great find. My area is dead, too, but I'm a firm believer in the law of averages, so I'm always out there hustling. Congratulations.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any items of gold at the thrift stores for some time now. Close to me I have a large Goodwill, which in the last three years hasn't offered much jewelry at all. The big ARC store only has silver pieces of jewelry and its priced more than I wanna pay, but I do look for silver pieces signed by makers that bring a premium in prices. I'm sure the jewelry is well inspected for gold these days and either taken to a PM buyer or sold on their online stores.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Corvus

Corvus

Jun 15, 2019
MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any items of gold at the thrift stores for some time now. Close to me I have a large Goodwill, which in the last three years hasn't offered much jewelry at all. The big ARC store only has silver pieces of jewelry and its priced more than I wanna pay, but I do look for silver pieces signed by makers that bring a premium in prices. I'm sure the jewelry is well inspected for gold these days and either taken to a PM buyer of sold on their online stores.
It's there, but it's like pulling teeth to get it. Just had one GW manager lat week laughingly tell me that a giant sealed bag had been searched and could only be costume jewelry. True enough (mostly), but not the posts on the earrings. They hold the cards but there are still a few tricks: knowing the continental numbering system, opening clasps on beaded necklaces, hunting hidden marks, and the fact that safety clasps must be safe-guarding something all help.

OP
OP
Corvus

Corvus

Jun 15, 2019
MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping you paid anywhere between 10 cents and $5 for that, because that's a sweet deal I'll tell you what 😅
Thanks - paid a dollar, along with fifty cents for a thin sterling chain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread