πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION 14K ring found & returned, good deeds paid off with silver!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the honorable mention! Banner is next!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the honorable mention! Banner is next!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Thanks! It takes an awesome haul to get banner though

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful story. I have been hunting a lost class ring from my neighbor in his 70's for quite some time now. No luck and I feel horrible but it has been lost for over 50 years and the yards has had fill dirt in the mean time. Still trying my darndest though. Congrats on helping this feller out! The name of the game and shedding a good light on a fantastic hobby. :occasion14:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful story. I have been hunting a lost class ring from my neighbor in his 70's for quite some time now. No luck and I feel horrible but it has been lost for over 50 years and the yards has had fill dirt in the mean time. Still trying my darndest though. Congrats on helping this feller out! The name of the game and shedding a good light on a fantastic hobby. :occasion14:
thanks! Mine might not have been so easy if it wasnt a recent drop, alot of junk in that yard

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a well deserved HONORABLE MENTION!!! :thumbsup:
Sounds like it was meant to be. If that guy wasn't sitting out front you may not have even stopped.
Fantastic post. Congrats to you on not only finding his ring and making them very happy, but also on some awesome finds. That yard definitely has never been detected.
Well done,
MM

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! It takes an awesome haul to get banner though

Congrats on a deserved Honorable Mention.

But, about that so called "Banner"? Just keep in mind, after you have it and are included in that temporary strip of finds up there UNTIL someone bumps you off. What do you really have and what have you achieved? Got your find to show temporarily, at the top of a web site ?

If that's your goal, more power to you and good luck.

Also, when you get there, don't forget all us, sour graped/peons back down here. LOL ;)

Congrats again on the Honorable Mention!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the Honorable Mention! It's the best part of this hobby IMO.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a well deserved HONORABLE MENTION!!! :thumbsup:
Sounds like it was meant to be. If that guy wasn't sitting out front you may not have even stopped.
Fantastic post. Congrats to you on not only finding his ring and making them very happy, but also on some awesome finds. That yard definitely has never been detected.
Well done,
MM
Thanks mm!, yeah I said to myself as he was on his porch "oh yeah theres an easy asker" lol. Sometimes I find it easier than knocking if theyre already outside. Im pretty sure no ones ever picked this yard thru either. Thanks!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a deserved Honorable Mention.

But, about that so called "Banner"? Just keep in mind, after you have it and are included in that temporary strip of finds up there UNTIL someone bumps you off. What do you really have and what have you achieved? Got your find to show temporarily, at the top of a web site ?

If that's your goal, more power to you and good luck.

Also, when you get there, don't forget all us, sour graped/peons back down here. LOL ;)

Congrats again on the Honorable Mention!
oooh cmon lol!
I didnt even care about getting this honorable mention, ill admit the recognition is cool but I was just happy to do it:thumbsup:
the banner is neat, ill give it that, but personally id say I hit my own "banner" almost every time I get out & enjoy the day.
people strive for banner on ths site sometimes. Im not one of them lol, if any of my finds ever do make it to the holy land up above, I suppose I did a "good job" lol:tongue3: My persoal banner is my display case of all my finds, I dont need a banner to say I did good
Sour graped peons? Nah! All of you guys are the ones who gave me pointers/advice since day one for me on this site:thumb_up:
im just an average guy with a run of good luck lately, albeit a pretty darn good run if I dont say so myself:laughing9:
thanks again pal!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whad, we need to remind him of this when he hits the big time. That is IF he reads our lowly replies, lol.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whad, we need to remind him of this when he hits the big time. That is IF he reads our lowly replies, lol.
ok, thats it, I surrender lol I got nothin'

metalhunt

Feb 21, 2014
Morris Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best posts that I have read on here. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best posts that I have read on here. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!, honestly one of the better feelings I've had in this hobby so far

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great recovery and return! The "silver God" will shine on you!

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
X
Hey guys, I had no idea where I wanted to go today so I headed to a new town about 50 miles from home, I was driving around in this historic town and just about every house had me drooling! super old homes, so I see this guy sitting on his front porch, pull in and give my pitch. He says "sure, and as a matter of fact I lost this ring last year that I had forever, so if you don't mind will you look for it for me?" he said it was lost last year so I figured itd be easy, he said likely back yard so a griddin' I went, in no time (10 mins) I found it! it was just below the grass, mustve stepped on it, or ran it over with his mower or something. big CHUNKY 14K ring!:headbang: My first REAL ring!!, View attachment 1001441 View attachment 1001442 View attachment 1001443 I kept my composure and put it in my pocket, and did the rest of the yard, nice size front and back yard produced some killer finds!, a huge bell that broke, a pocket knife, 20 wheats of various years, 2 cool skeleton keys, a dog tag from 2000, a gigantic spoon, a carwash token, some ornate flower thing, another ornate cone shaped object, spoon handles, some weird buckle that's right above the wheats in the picture, a old copper ring, and about 3 bucks in clad, oh yeah and what else :hello2:2 MERCURY DIMES!!:hello2: silvers 20 and 21 on the year!! I also found a couple pieces of reins from a horse or something with leather still attached to it. View attachment 1001444 View attachment 1001445 View attachment 1001446 View attachment 1001447 after that It was getting late and I have work tonight so I figured id better head home. I absolutely HAD to toy with this guy a bit. I emptied all my pockets on a table outside and showed him the coins and relics and he was impressed but sad about the ring. So just like the episode of diggers where KG gives the ring back to the owner after showing him everything I did the same thing!, I said "heres everything I found but wait, theres another" and plopped it in his hand, guys if you could've seen his face, his eyes lit up and his wife was ecstatic. Funny getting a hug from a 70 something year old person that I just met! He got a little teary eyed and shook my hand with a $20 bill in it, I said no thank you, I was more than happy to do it! That was an amazing feeling to do that, I read about it, heard others stories about doing it, but to actually get a chance to do it is indescribable, I just wish I got a picture or video of me handing it to him, either way Today was just awesome!!, thanks for looking and HH!!

This is one of my favorite stories on tnet. Brings a smile to my face.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread