1700's Cellar Hole Find. Tiny 7/16" Flat Button with Dove & Olive Branch Design.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1700's Cellar Hole Find. Tiny 7/16" Flat Button with Dove & Olive Branch Design.

Spent a couple of hours at a 1700's cellar hole today. Full of iron signals, so it's difficult to pull out any brass targets. Did manage to find a very tiny (7/16") brass flat button. Not sure if it's 1700's or early 1800's, but it's really cool. Actually has a design for a change. It's a dove with an olive branch in it's mouth. Not an amazing find, but not an easy recovery with hundreds of square nails in the area! I really need to buy a sniper coil for these old cellar holes!

DSC09358.JPG DSC09359.JPG DSC09361.JPG

Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool little button!!! Any ideas yet?

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what I have to deal with at this cellar hole! I get a 50 or higher signal in between the iron signals and then pull out 5 or 10 nails before I find the intended target! Good thing I have a pinpointer or I'd never find the good stuff.

DSC09364.JPG

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ID, VMI Digger. Amazing rattlesnake button, by the way! You did a great job cleaning it up.

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is a religious button. It appears to depict Mt. Ararat below the dove. At first I thought it was his wing, but it doesn't look right. Has to be Mt. Ararat. Very interesting button!

"And the dove came back to him in the evening, and behold, in her mouth was a freshly plucked olive leaf. So Noah knew that the waters had subsided from the earth."

Genesis 8:11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread