ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The other one is probably Vero...you can legally hunt from the low-tide line to the foot of the dunes. Anywhere outside that you are asking for trouble.

Jason

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the book here are the locations listed in the book, if you want particulars on one let me know will post supposed finds there...

behind where the old chucks steak house USED to be
cabin wreck (ambersand beach access)
golden sands beach access
green cabin wreck( wabasso beach entrance)
corrigans wreck(seagrape beach access/ 2nd entrance turtle trail beach access)
rio mar wreck
sandy point wreck ( beach access to this site is all on private property, 2-3 mile walk from rio mar access)
wedge wreck (pepper beach access)
colored beach wreck ( green turtle beach, john brooks park)

hope this helps, wrote them as they were in order from book...

great book , maps are helpful..reccommend picking it up, i got mine for free from my MD dealer for bringing him a sale....gregg

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now if i can find the time to get down there, been there once but surf was so bad and MD is waterproof, but box isn't lol...plus salt water makes me have to turn sensativity down......gregg

doubloonhunter

Jul 1, 2005
CT/FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur minelab .. Etrac on order... Minelab safari back up
does anyone know which beaches of the 1715 fleet received the least amount of renourishment and new sand that they pumped in to build up the beaches? i know some locals down there wouldnt tell me but there are a few sharp shooters down there which know what areas to look . There are gaps between certain beaches that never got that much renourishment..

regards

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Now that I've left the Sebastian Area...I'll give you a really good tip on renourished beaches. :D They are dredging the bottom of the Sebatian River and pumping the sand onto the beach about a mile south of the inlet. We were rigging up the Bolwers and you can see the sand get darker as they work their way downthe beach. The lighter areas near the inlet are full of cans and modern trash...the darker areas are from the bottom, and "might" be quite productive if you're the first one on site after they get it smoothed. It's not every day that they pump black sand onto the beach for you...I know we took advantage of it. :D :D :D

Jason

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jason,

Did you find anything on the new pumped beaches?

dennis

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
DennisB said:
Hi Jason,

Did you find anything on the new pumped beaches?

dennis

We didnt find anything at the beach.....we were all there, RGecy,stevemc,Jason and my self....I did find a piece of 8 diving at Seahunters site.....

All the best,

Chagy.......

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kewl Chagy!

If you guys find the time, please keep me updated.

Dennis

Dale1122

Apr 17, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark
The sand being pumped on the beach, as of this date, is coming from a sand trap just inside the inlet and partially from the new deeper channel inside the inlet. The dredged sand from the Sebastian River is going to a site off Micco road. I believe the Sebastian river is still being dredged west of the railroad bridge which is about 1 to 1.5 miles west of the ICW but they are working their way towards the US1 bridge.

I'm going out boating today and I will check this out first hand and report back but as of this time I am fairly certain no sand from west of the ICW is being placed on beaches.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Dale, I miss worded that. Yes, the sand on the beach South of the inlet is from the bottom of the inlet, not the Sebastian River. Still a nice place to hunt, a sand trap at the Sebastian inlet stands a good chance of trapping more than just sand!

Jason

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Laura and I hunted it for several hours, be prepared to dig 20 aluminum cans to every good find. The cans did seem to become less prominent as we moved southward. Keep about 50 yards behind the heavy machinery...or they will came talk to you. I know this from experience. :D

Jason

doubloonhunter

Jul 1, 2005
CT/FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur minelab .. Etrac on order... Minelab safari back up
isnt metal detecting banned from treasure coast beaches from april thru november due to the turtle migration and egg laying?

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Not at all...the turtle nests are marked, and you are not to disturb them, heck I don't even get within about 20 feet of them. Any long-time diver knows that sea turtles are not nearly as prevalent as they used to be...they need all the help they can get.

Jason

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I searched from the car lot south of Sebastian inlet to just below the Mclarty museum. The access just north of Mclarty is now blocked with heavy equipment and has signs posted " no trespassing no salvage "
The new sand is very dirty and has a lot of scrap metal. I found only old style pull tabs along the waterline at low tide. If you are searching this area keep an eye out for my lost pinpointer, it may be your best find of the day !

Tek

Capefearsman

Mar 5, 2007
Cape Fear, NC
Detector(s) used
XLT,Double Eagle
Here is info from a post on TN.. Good info
Okay this is your treasure map for Spanish escudos, silver reales and tons of artifact. Most will know of these areas but for those that do not then this is for you. If there is but one thing to know about hunting on the seashores then that would be being at the right spot at the right time! There are many other places and "Hot Spots" along the coast and intercoastal of Florida that I will not divulge...most will not know of these areas but a few have stepped foot on them! These areas have been very productive year after year and still are producing even to this day. It will all be in my book when it comes out. "True Beach Treasure" You will also know it by the author Jimi D Pirate ... oh did I just give myself a plug?
Also coming soon to a bookstore near you. "Undersea Treasures of the 1715 "

Enjoy

1715 Fleet Treasure Map

This information was gathered by those who 'know' and is very real. These directions begin from a city in east central Florida roughly even with Orlando. Melbourne, FL. Melbourne is separated from the Atlantic Ocean by a barrier island which runs along the coast some 70 miles and is connected to the mainland by several causeways. This barrier island is where the 1715 Fleet artifacts are found. The lagoon formed between the city and the island is a part of the USA east coast intracoastal waterway, and is where I do most of my sailing.

Be aware that treasure hunting in the water on these sites is prevented by Florida Law.(unless you are contracting thru someone or thru the State) Use this page at your own risk.
Brief History

Every year, two fleets traveled between Spain and the Americas; the Esquadron de Terra Firme from Spain to South America, and the Flota de Nova Espana toward Vera Cruz. Sometimes, these two fleets would travel together all the way to the Caribbean. The return voyage was more dangerous. The galleons were fully loaded with precious cargoes of gold, silver, jewelry, tobacco, spices, indigo, cochineal etc… The crews were tired and often plagued by health problems brought on by tropical diseases, malnutrition, and deplorable hygienic conditions on board. These conditions made ships even more vulnerable to attacks by pirates, but the greatest danger came from an uncontrollable element; the weather. The general weather conditions were more favorable during the summer months. The waters of the Atlantic Ocean were calmer, and the prevailing winds gentler. However, in 1715 the fleet left later than usual and were caught by a hurricane off the coast of central Florida. The entire fleet was lost on the reefs off the coast of Florida. Six of the 11 wreck sites have been discovered, the other 5 remain to be found with only a general idea as to their location. The consensus is that they should be found between Cape Canaveral ( US space center) to the north and Fort Pierce to the south. The Melbourne area is roughly in the center of this general area and many artifacts have been found washed up on local beaches.

A brief comment for anyone who hasn't visited our beaches. Florida beaches are continuous. On some stretches, it's possible to walk for miles without encountering anyone. Brevard county has 70 miles of coastline. The following areas are places where people have found Spanish Treasure year after year, just by walking the beach. Many of these areas are sparsely populated. For the most part, there are no concession stands and no restaurants. It's best that you pack a lunch and bring something to drink, and don't forget to bring the most protective sunscreen you can find!!

AQUARINA BEACH

From Melbourne, FL take Route 192 east across the intracoastal waterway causeway, and stay on it right to the end. Take a right on Route A1A and drive south along the coast on A1A about 10.8 miles until you see the Aquarina Complex on the ocean side. It is difficult to park in this area as it borders private property. Pay close attention to roadway signs to avoid ticketing or towing.

When you do get to the beach, look just to the north and in front of the complex. This beach produces 1715 silver coins. To date no shipwreck materials have been found offshore.

BONSTEEL PARK

The next treasure beach is 3 miles south to the Old Chuck's Steak House.. It is located on the ocean side of A1A.

Immediately after you pass it, prepare to make a left turn into "Bonsteel Park." (This is about 14 miles south of the junction of US 192 and A1A or 2.4 miles north of Sebastian Inlet). Park your vehicle here and walk north and in front of the restaurant and to the north & south. This is another 1715 coin beach.

SEBASTIAN INLET STATE RECREATION AREA

The state park is clearly marked and is approximately 2 1/2 miles south of Bonsteel Park. Hunt the beach south of the jetty, you may find coins here from the Cabin Wreck, which is the next site to the south

CABIN WRECK

About 0.8 miles south of the inlet, you'll see a DAY USE BEACH ACCESS park. Walk south 1.5 miles to get to the North Cabin Wreck area. Here you can find coins and artifacts from the Nuestra Senora de la Regla of 1715.

The best hunting starts at the McLarty rock pile and to the south.

McLARTY VISITOR CENTER

This state museum features a display of artifacts and treasures found over the years on the 1715 fleet. Admission is $1.00 and well worth the price. They show a 30 minute video that features several well known treasure hunters, among them Mel Fisher.

Continue past McLarty about 0.9 miles for beach access marked as AMBERSAND BEACH ACCESS. Park and walk over the boardwalk to the beach. The best spot to hunt is about 1200 feet to the north and north of the McLarty Rockpile. This is the site believed to be of the Nuestra Senora de La Regla, one of the 1715 galleon wrecks. Silver and gold coins are found on the beach.

CANNON WRECK

Continue south from Ambersand Beach another 2 miles to TREASURE SHORES BEACH PARK. Here is a mix of late 1715 and 1800's materials. One wreck, a suspected British pirate ship caught and sank by the Spanish, raiding the 1715 shipwreck. Here you will find 1715 material, as well as slag iron reputed to be from a circa 1890 merchant ship.

SPRING OF WHITBY & ROBERT

Continuing south on A1A another 1.3 miles, you'll see the entrance to GOLDEN SANDS PARK on the ocean side. Cross the boardwalk to the beach. You'll see beach markers to the north and south. The wrecks of the Robert & the Spring of Whitbey are located here.

Both wrecks are from 1810. This beach produces Spanish "Pillar Dollars" from the early 19th century.

GREEN CABIN WRECK

SAN MARTIN 1618 - Continue south on A1A for 1.5 miles until you reach the intersection of A1A and State Road 510. Here you'll see the WABASSO BEACH (named after the Ossadaw Indians).

This beach produces 1715 and 1618 coins. The best area is to the south approximately 5,000 feet where material from the 1618 shipwreck SAN MARTIN lay offshore.

CORRIGAN'S WRECK

Believed to be where the SANTO CRISTO DE SAN ROMAN (1715) went down

There are 2 sites, first go down A1A another 1.6 miles from Wabasso Beach to SEAGRAPE BEACH ACCESS, or a little farther south (0.8 miles) to TURTLE BEACH ACCESS.

This is the site of one of the 1715 galleons. The scatter from this particular wreck covers a large area. Many gold and silver coins, as well as artifacts have been found on the beaches after storms.

RIO MAR WRECK

Continue 8.5 miles south from TURTLE BEACH to where it is believed the NUESTRA SENORA DEL CARMEN (1715) went down.

Be careful, you'll be travelling through the beach residential area of Vero Beach. Look for Rio Mar Drive and turn left. Park at the end of the street and cross the boardwalk unto the beach.

This is another 1715 shipwreck that produces coins and other artifacts. If you see a white boat anchored offshore, wave to Kane Fisher, who found the Atocha along with his dad, the famous Mel Fisher.

WEDGE WRECK

Continue south 11.8 miles toward Ft. Pierce and look for PEPPER PARK BEACH on the ocean side.

Here you will find 1715 coins. The area to the north in front of the pink condos has been a productive spot.

The wreck offshore has been designated a State Underwater Park.

DOUGLAS BEACH, GOLD WRECK

This is believed to be site of the NUESTRA SENORA DE LAS NIEVES (1715). There are 2 sites associated with this wreck.

You'll have to detour from A1A unto US 1 to cross the inlet at Ft. Pierce. Follow the signs and get back to A1A ocean side.

Approximately 2.5 miles south of the Ft. Pierce Inlet you'll find JOHN BROOKS PARK/GREEN TURTLE BEACH, this is the northern most site, continue south 0.3 miles and you'll be at FREDERICH DOUGLAS MEMORIAL BEACH.

Between these two sites you'll find gold and silver coins as well as other 1715 artifacts.

NORTH POWER PLANT

Just south of Douglas Beach, is MIDDLE COVE PARK, an area where coins from the mid sixteen hundreds are found on the beach.
1715 Fleet Treasure Map

This information was gathered by those who 'know' and is very real. These directions begin from a city in east central Florida roughly even with Orlando. Melbourne, FL. Melbourne is separated from the Atlantic Ocean by a barrier island which runs along the coast some 70 miles and is connected to the mainland by several causeways. This barrier island is where the 1715 Fleet artifacts are found. The lagoon formed between the city and the island is a part of the USA east coast intracoastal waterway, and is where I do most of my sailing.

Be aware that treasure hunting in the water on these sites is prevented by Florida Law.(unless you are contracting thru someone or thru the State) Use this page at your own risk.
Brief History

Every year, two fleets traveled between Spain and the Americas; the Esquadron de Terra Firme from Spain to South America, and the Flota de Nova Espana toward Vera Cruz. Sometimes, these two fleets would travel together all the way to the Caribbean. The return voyage was more dangerous. The galleons were fully loaded with precious cargoes of gold, silver, jewelry, tobacco, spices, indigo, cochineal etc… The crews were tired and often plagued by health problems brought on by tropical diseases, malnutrition, and deplorable hygienic conditions on board. These conditions made ships even more vulnerable to attacks by pirates, but the greatest danger came from an uncontrollable element; the weather. The general weather conditions were more favorable during the summer months. The waters of the Atlantic Ocean were calmer, and the prevailing winds gentler. However, in 1715 the fleet left later than usual and were caught by a hurricane off the coast of central Florida. The entire fleet was lost on the reefs off the coast of Florida. Six of the 11 wreck sites have been discovered, the other 5 remain to be found with only a general idea as to their location. The consensus is that they should be found between Cape Canaveral ( US space center) to the north and Fort Pierce to the south. The Melbourne area is roughly in the center of this general area and many artifacts have been found washed up on local beaches.

A brief comment for anyone who hasn't visited our beaches. Florida beaches are continuous. On some stretches, it's possible to walk for miles without encountering anyone. Brevard county has 70 miles of coastline. The following areas are places where people have found Spanish Treasure year after year, just by walking the beach. Many of these areas are sparsely populated. For the most part, there are no concession stands and no restaurants. It's best that you pack a lunch and bring something to drink, and don't forget to bring the most protective sunscreen you can find!!

AQUARINA BEACH

From Melbourne, FL take Route 192 east across the intracoastal waterway causeway, and stay on it right to the end. Take a right on Route A1A and drive south along the coast on A1A about 10.8 miles until you see the Aquarina Complex on the ocean side. It is difficult to park in this area as it borders private property. Pay close attention to roadway signs to avoid ticketing or towing.

When you do get to the beach, look just to the north and in front of the complex. This beach produces 1715 silver coins. To date no shipwreck materials have been found offshore.

BONSTEEL PARK

The next treasure beach is 3 miles south to the Old Chuck's Steak House.. It is located on the ocean side of A1A.

Immediately after you pass it, prepare to make a left turn into "Bonsteel Park." (This is about 14 miles south of the junction of US 192 and A1A or 2.4 miles north of Sebastian Inlet). Park your vehicle here and walk north and in front of the restaurant and to the north & south. This is another 1715 coin beach.

SEBASTIAN INLET STATE RECREATION AREA

The state park is clearly marked and is approximately 2 1/2 miles south of Bonsteel Park. Hunt the beach south of the jetty, you may find coins here from the Cabin Wreck, which is the next site to the south

CABIN WRECK

About 0.8 miles south of the inlet, you'll see a DAY USE BEACH ACCESS park. Walk south 1.5 miles to get to the North Cabin Wreck area. Here you can find coins and artifacts from the Nuestra Senora de la Regla of 1715.

The best hunting starts at the McLarty rock pile and to the south.

McLARTY VISITOR CENTER

This state museum features a display of artifacts and treasures found over the years on the 1715 fleet. Admission is $1.00 and well worth the price. They show a 30 minute video that features several well known treasure hunters, among them Mel Fisher.

Continue past McLarty about 0.9 miles for beach access marked as AMBERSAND BEACH ACCESS. Park and walk over the boardwalk to the beach. The best spot to hunt is about 1200 feet to the north and north of the McLarty Rockpile. This is the site believed to be of the Nuestra Senora de La Regla, one of the 1715 galleon wrecks. Silver and gold coins are found on the beach.

CANNON WRECK

Continue south from Ambersand Beach another 2 miles to TREASURE SHORES BEACH PARK. Here is a mix of late 1715 and 1800's materials. One wreck, a suspected British pirate ship caught and sank by the Spanish, raiding the 1715 shipwreck. Here you will find 1715 material, as well as slag iron reputed to be from a circa 1890 merchant ship.

SPRING OF WHITBY & ROBERT

Continuing south on A1A another 1.3 miles, you'll see the entrance to GOLDEN SANDS PARK on the ocean side. Cross the boardwalk to the beach. You'll see beach markers to the north and south. The wrecks of the Robert & the Spring of Whitbey are located here.

Both wrecks are from 1810. This beach produces Spanish "Pillar Dollars" from the early 19th century.

GREEN CABIN WRECK

SAN MARTIN 1618 - Continue south on A1A for 1.5 miles until you reach the intersection of A1A and State Road 510. Here you'll see the WABASSO BEACH (named after the Ossadaw Indians).

This beach produces 1715 and 1618 coins. The best area is to the south approximately 5,000 feet where material from the 1618 shipwreck SAN MARTIN lay offshore.

CORRIGAN'S WRECK

Believed to be where the SANTO CRISTO DE SAN ROMAN (1715) went down

There are 2 sites, first go down A1A another 1.6 miles from Wabasso Beach to SEAGRAPE BEACH ACCESS, or a little farther south (0.8 miles) to TURTLE BEACH ACCESS.

This is the site of one of the 1715 galleons. The scatter from this particular wreck covers a large area. Many gold and silver coins, as well as artifacts have been found on the beaches after storms.

RIO MAR WRECK

Continue 8.5 miles south from TURTLE BEACH to where it is believed the NUESTRA SENORA DEL CARMEN (1715) went down.

Be careful, you'll be travelling through the beach residential area of Vero Beach. Look for Rio Mar Drive and turn left. Park at the end of the street and cross the boardwalk unto the beach.

This is another 1715 shipwreck that produces coins and other artifacts. If you see a white boat anchored offshore, wave to Kane Fisher, who found the Atocha along with his dad, the famous Mel Fisher.

WEDGE WRECK

Continue south 11.8 miles toward Ft. Pierce and look for PEPPER PARK BEACH on the ocean side.

Here you will find 1715 coins. The area to the north in front of the pink condos has been a productive spot.

The wreck offshore has been designated a State Underwater Park.

DOUGLAS BEACH, GOLD WRECK

This is believed to be site of the NUESTRA SENORA DE LAS NIEVES (1715). There are 2 sites associated with this wreck.

You'll have to detour from A1A unto US 1 to cross the inlet at Ft. Pierce. Follow the signs and get back to A1A ocean side.

Approximately 2.5 miles south of the Ft. Pierce Inlet you'll find JOHN BROOKS PARK/GREEN TURTLE BEACH, this is the northern most site, continue south 0.3 miles and you'll be at FREDERICH DOUGLAS MEMORIAL BEACH.

Between these two sites you'll find gold and silver coins as well as other 1715 artifacts.

NORTH POWER PLANT

Just south of Douglas Beach, is MIDDLE COVE PARK, an area where coins from the mid sixteen hundreds are found on the beach.
behind where the old chucks steak house USED to be
cabin wreck (ambersand beach access)
golden sands beach access
green cabin wreck( wabasso beach entrance)
corrigans wreck(seagrape beach access/ 2nd entrance turtle trail beach access)
rio mar wreck
sandy point wreck ( beach access to this site is all on private property, 2-3 mile walk from rio mar access)
wedge wreck (pepper beach access)
colored beach wreck ( green turtle beach, john brooks park)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread