PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks much RTR!! Glad you liked it... Besides my two dioramas in the museum and donating some artifacts and the Bernard Romans map to the museum, they have asked me to help redesign some of the older displays and we’re working in some brand ones as well...

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As amazing as the pictures are, I am sure seeing it up close will offer a 3D dimension even more amazing than these pictures. On my list on my next trip to Florida.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extremely well done Phips... I am impressed.

I want one. :)

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much enrada and AARC... I did my best to give the diorama some realism and depth (especially with regards to the sunrise painting in the background behind the salvage boat...) and am so pleased with how it turned out.

AARC... I have made 7 shipwreck related dioramas over the years and they keep getting better and more detailed as I go... I’ve sold all of them so they have been a success overall. The two I have in the McLarty Treasure Museum were commissioned by them and were long term projects which were quite time consuming and labor intensive... The other dioramas I sold were smaller in size and cost. I would be happy to talk to you about it if you really want one. I can typically custom make one so if you have a particular idea in mind, let me know...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much enrada and AARC... I did my best to give the diorama some realism and depth (especially with regards to the sunrise painting in the background behind the salvage boat...) and am so pleased with how it turned out.

AARC... I have made 7 shipwreck related dioramas over the years and they keep getting better and more detailed as I go... I’ve sold all of them so they have been a success overall. The two I have in the McLarty Treasure Museum were commissioned by them and were long term projects which were quite time consuming and labor intensive... The other dioramas I sold were smaller in size and cost. I would be happy to talk to you about it if you really want one. I can typically custom make one so if you have a particular idea in mind, let me know...

Sorry bout the RT... Friday to Sunday is always a blur.

My biggest problem would be ... no room to display. heh

Even something small would require something to go... In other words... my cup runneth over with stuff... and empty on display space.

Also... currently I have no budget for artwork.

I am thankful for the thought though. :)

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem... I don’t really have a great deal of spare time right now to make one anyway... [emoji23]

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really late to the show but what a great post of your talented work. I really don't know how you achieved to do what you did with what actually have done in your working career. Thank you for sharing these amazing pics of art.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much pepperj...!I have always been so blessed to pursue my passions and somehow make a living at them... art, music, law enforcement and treasure hunting... it’s been a wild ride so far and I look forward to doing more of it all God willing and now I have a little pirate to share it all with...and of course I thoroughly enjoy sharing the history and the finds and stories with everyone... wouldn’t want to do anything else. Let’s all pray that this country can pull ourselves up out of this craziness we’re going through and find some peace and get back to doing what we love...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread