NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy everyone,

I headed out to a family property yesterday. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been beeped before. Its a big place and I detected on 4 house sites before finally finding a 5'th that was pre-civil war and not trashed out. I'm pretty sure this was a pioneer's cabin. It was on the backside of a hill that overlooks the flat river bottom along the Cumberland River. It has a lovely spring about 40 yards down the hill just bubbling out of the limestone. I got a handful of flat buttons, small caliber musket balls, and this 1 Reale from Mexico City. The coin is dated 1781. The first settlers arrived by boat in the region in 1780. I'm sure this circulated for years before it was lost, but I'm fairly confident that the site was a pioneer cabin. Anyway: here's the shiny, and thanks for looking.

-NZ49er
(PS: got one other coin: a burnt/partially melted barber quarter from one of the other house sites)
(PPS: I'll post a link to the video from this hunt after it goes up)

20220415_153818.jpg
20220415_153824.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spanish silver is always so cool, so much history- Congrats!

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good catch, but I believe it's a half real. A one real would have the number '1' before the R. Another clue: Your coin probably measures 18mm in diameter versus 20mm in diameter for a 1 R coin.
Don.......
Thanks, Don. I believe you are correct! Changing the post title now...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on getting the older site.
Reward: Old silver! Congratulations ๐Ÿ‘

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has to be an awesome feeling! Especially on your family land. Congrats!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy everyone,

I headed out to a family property yesterday. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been beeped before. Its a big place and I detected on 4 house sites before finally finding a 5'th that was pre-civil war and not trashed out. I'm pretty sure this was a pioneer's cabin. It was on the backside of a hill that overlooks the flat river bottom along the Cumberland River. It has a lovely spring about 40 yards down the hill just bubbling out of the limestone. I got a handful of flat buttons, small caliber musket balls, and this 1 Reale from Mexico City. The coin is dated 1781. The first settlers arrived by boat in the region in 1780. I'm sure this circulated for years before it was lost, but I'm fairly confident that the site was a pioneer cabin. Anyway: here's the shiny, and thanks for looking.

-NZ49er
(PS: got one other coin: a burnt/partially melted barber quarter from one of the other house sites)

View attachment 2021242 View attachment 2021243
Congratulations on your digs. Those 1 Reales are nice to find. Keep it up!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a great find! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy everyone,

-NZ49er

View attachment 2021242 View attachment 2021243
Sweet!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread