1787 NEW JERSEY COPPER, COUNTERFEIT GEORGE 11

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I got a day off yesterday and went out for some play time. I went into the NEW JERSEY PINE FOREST
to try to recon new sites. As my Irish luck would have it, I came across an early VIRGIN site. .Besides the 1787 Jersey Copper ( 63-Q, R-3 )?? and counterfeit George 11. I found some interesting buttons and a buckle with an EYE on it.. One button may be silver and another has a purple stone in it. Also found was a piece of lead the was shaped into a gaming piece or dice. Feel free to chime in with identifications.

Attachments

• mill2.jpg
    mill2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 103
  • mill3.jpg
    mill3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 54
  • mill3a.jpg
    mill3a.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 51
  • mill3b.jpg
    mill3b.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 52
  • mill5.jpg
    mill5.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 52
  • mill4.jpg
    mill4.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 46
  • mill6.jpg
    mill6.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 48
  • mill8.jpg
    mill8.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 49
  • millp.jpg
    millp.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 51
  • mill1.jpg
    mill1.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Upvote 27

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I got a day off yesterday for play time. I went into the NEW JERSEY PINE BARRENS to try to recon new sites. As my Irish luck would have it, I came across an early VIRGIN site. .Besides the 1787 Jersey Copper and counterfeit George 11. I found some interesting buttons and a buckle with an EYE on it.. One button may be silver and another has a purple stone in it. Also found was a piece of lead the was shaped into a gaming piece or dice. Feel free to chime in with identifications.
Let’s see some pictures-good finds!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the very nice finds. That looks like a great place to detect too. The woods I search tend to be a tangled mess of fallen limbs/trees, thorns, and brush. Pine forests look so much clearer.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I got a day off yesterday and went out for some play time. I went into the NEW JERSEY PINE BARRENS to try to recon new sites. As my Irish luck would have it, I came across an early VIRGIN site. .Besides the 1787 Jersey Copper ( 63-Q, R-3 )?? and counterfeit George 11. I found some interesting buttons and a buckle with an EYE on it.. One button may be silver and another has a purple stone in it. Also found was a piece of lead the was shaped into a gaming piece or dice. Feel free to chime in with identifications.
Heck yeah great finds!!

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hate to be that guy but the New Jersey Pine barrons is off limits to metal Detecting. It is illegal to metal Detect anywhere in the pine Barrons.
leave it for other generations.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got a day off yesterday and went out for some play time. I went into the NEW JERSEY PINE BARRENS to try to recon new sites. As my Irish luck would have it, I came across an early VIRGIN site. .Besides the 1787 Jersey Copper ( 63-Q, R-3 )?? and counterfeit George 11. I found some interesting buttons and a buckle with an EYE on it.. One button may be silver and another has a purple stone in it. Also found was a piece of lead the was shaped into a gaming piece or dice. Feel free to chime in with identifications.
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close on the New Jersey copper, it is a 63-q, and you have to use the lower case q, upper case Q is a different die.

hampton detector

Feb 15, 2023
Nice Haul!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You certainly have the luck of the Irish. Congrats on a bunch of great finds. The NJ copper is fantastic!
Mke sure to post again when you find that pot of gold on your next visit. It's gonna be there!

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hate to be that guy but the New Jersey Pine barrons is off limits to metal Detecting. It is illegal to metal Detect anywhere in the pine Barrons.
leave it for other generations.
The Pinelands National Reserve is off limits to detecting. You can get permits to detect certain places. Warton State Forest is an example of the Pine Lands Reserve. .There are miles of private property in the pine barrens that are not on any state land.
The pine forest in New jersey are all over the place and slowly being bulldozed down to make thousand of houses and stores. Take a look at what used to be the pine barrens in Lakewood. It's completely destroyed for the next generation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread