1796 one reale, seateds, and phoenix buttons.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
11-20-21.jpg

Got out with hunting partner "Cal Cobra" Brian, for a road trip. All our objectives/itinerary was mostly "old news" spots. Of varying degrees of past-pressure. But that just makes it all-the-more satisfying to pull stuff from our past-footprints. :cool3: Adds to the story, the shadow box for our site-specific trays, etc....

At a few of the stops, we had some live digs. At others, they are just still-pictures. So this video is a combination of both. Enjoy !

Note : For some strange reason T'net makes you have to click "Watch on Youtube". So click there to get past the popup.

The only correction I have to the video is that the date on my reale was noted as "1797". It was 1796. These sites have given up reales and buttons in the past. So Brian and I were happy to add to the tallies :)

As for the 4 phoenix buttons on the trek (3 from one stop, and 1 from another spot hours-away) : They are all type 1 style 1, common #'s. According to the chart . But priceless to us :)

Upvote 21

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats my friend!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Thanx for joining us on our hunt Calabash. Good to hear from you.

And as far as "west coast lies", well gee....... have I ever hassled or doubted you east coast guys ? huh ? HUH ? :dontknow: :tongue3:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly you guys are West Coast Legends! :notworthy: Amazing! BTW You did know I was just cutting up with you...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Note : For some strange reason T'net makes you have to click "Watch on Youtube". So click there to get past the popup."

"Video unavailable
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.
Watch on YouTube"

Congrats on the find Tom. Notice the video says it is disabled by the owner.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1994287

Got out with hunting partner "Cal Cobra" Brian, for a road trip. All our objectives/itinerary was mostly "old news" spots. Of varying degrees of past-pressure. But that just makes it all-the-more satisfying to pull stuff from our past-footprints. :cool3: Adds to the story, the shadow box for our site-specific trays, etc....

At a few of the stops, we had some live digs. At others, they are just still-pictures. So this video is a combination of both. Enjoy !

Note : For some strange reason T'net makes you have to click "Watch on Youtube". So click there to get past the popup.

The only correction I have to the video is that the date on my reale was noted as "1797". It was 1796. These sites have given up reales and buttons in the past. So Brian and I were happy to add to the tallies :)

As for the 4 phoenix buttons on the trek (3 from one stop, and 1 from another spot hours-away) : They are all type 1 style 1, common #'s. According to the chart . But priceless to us :)

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

kac

Aug 4, 2021
North East
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Seahunter MKII, Apex, Makro Multi Kruzer, Tesoro Tejon. Started with a BH Tracker 505 back in early 90's.
Nokta Pulse Pointer and Minelab Profind 35.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice run. Soil looks pretty mild.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1994287

Awesome stuff!!

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Score !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread