🥇 BANNER 1804 Dollar......No jokin' About This Token!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers!
It's been a minute since I posted some finds but this one was just too good not to share!
Spent a few good hours on a site Iron Patch and I discovered last week...check his post Old Louis and George Bros. and you'll get the idea.
Our second stab produced equally as good and maybe better results in finds and quality.
In a couple of hunts the early British colonial site gave me my best finds while IPs best were from the Acadian sites only meters away in the very same field.
Best results for my efforts were two early militia buttons from our area St John's Volunteers and Island St Johns Provincials...both desirable buttons! A blowhole artillery and a WWl army insignia were found at later sites in adjacent fields on the same day.
The spinner watch fob wax seal matrix was an awesome find...super condition and a beautiful stone...orangey red...carnelian maybe? I'm showing both sides..
It's that nice !
And....the big one! 1804 dollar..five shillings Bank of England . What a first for me! Big ole silver in really nice shape.
Interesting find...theres a "JP" counterstamp on George's neck and you can make out elements of the Spanish American 8 reales these were overstruck on and the under type is visible in areas...along with a couple of plough kisses she's a beauty!
Hopefully I'll get back out again soon and have some more great finds to share with all of you!
20220425_185740.jpg
20220430_154008.jpg
20220430_154042.jpg
20220430_154116.jpg
20220430_154323.jpg
20220430_154549.jpg

Attachments

• 20220430_154611.jpg
    20220430_154611.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 98

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hey diggers!
It's been a minute since I posted some finds but this one was just too good not to share!
Spent a few good hours on a site Iron Patch and I discovered last week...check his post Old Louis and George Bros. and you'll get the idea.
Our second stab produced equally as good and maybe better results in finds and quality.
In a couple of hunts the early British colonial site gave me my best finds while IPs best were from the Acadian sites only meters away in the very same field.
Best results for my efforts were two early militia buttons from our area St John's Volunteers and Island St Johns Provincials...both desirable buttons! A blowhole artillery and a WWl army insignia were found at later sites in adjacent fields on the same day.
The spinner watch fob wax seal matrix was an awesome find...super condition and a beautiful stone...orangey red...carnelian maybe? I'm showing both sides..
It's that nice !
And....the big one! 1804 dollar..five shillings Bank of England . What a first for me! Big ole silver in really nice shape.
Interesting find...theres a "JP" counterstamp on George's neck and you can make out elements of the Spanish American 8 reales these were overstruck on and the under type is visible in areas...along with a couple of plough kisses she's a beauty!
Hopefully I'll get back out again soon and have some more great finds to share with all of you! View attachment 2024009 View attachment 2024010 View attachment 2024011 View attachment 2024012 View attachment 2024013 View attachment 2024014
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1804 DOLLAR. Nuff said! ....almost...

Much better in the hand than in pics, but definitely good enough! What a great field that was! I'll miss it until it changes and we can scrounge out a few more targets.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a banner coin in my opinion. An early 19th century chunk of awesome silver. I don’t recall seeing a silver KGIII here; so interesting. Congrats!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey hey diggers!
It's that nice !
Hopefully I'll get back out again soon and have some more great finds to share with all of you! View attachment 2024009 View attachment 2024010 View attachment 2024011 View attachment 2024012 View attachment 2024013 View attachment 2024014
Hey hey diggers!
It's that nice !
Man what a hunt! Congratulations

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a Banner worthy silver.
Congratulations on the beauty.
Well done with buttons as well. They kind of get thrown in the backseat.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
1804 DOLLAR. Nuff said! ....almost...

Much better in the hand than in pics, but definitely good enough! What a great field that was! I'll miss it until it changes and we can scrounge out a few more targets.
For sure the best field we've seen in a while....they dont come along often enough.
I hope theres another surprise still waiting for us!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
That’s a banner coin in my opinion. An early 19th century chunk of awesome silver. I don’t recall seeing a silver KGIII here; so interesting. Congrats!
I did a quick look around this site and didnt see another one posted..ever I guess.
These were taken out of circulation in 1817-18...so there cant be a lot left out there that aren't in collections.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
That's a Banner worthy silver.
Congratulations on the beauty.
Well done with buttons as well. They kind of get thrown in the backseat.
It's too bad the buttons weren't the star of the show this time, because they are tough to come by as well.
Sadly the coppers and the buttons were very corroded out of this site...but the silver stayed strong...that's why it's in the driver's seat

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job pulling out the good stuff from an old site. You got my vote....but I was really hoping you had the American version of an 1804 dollar....we can dream ya know.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That find gets my banner vote, for its incredible uniqueness- I've never seen one or those, or anything really like it, ever posted anywhere- Big time Congrats!

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey hey diggers!
It's that nice !

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Nice job pulling out the good stuff from an old site. You got my vote....but I was really hoping you had the American version of an 1804 dollar....we can dream ya know.
Man I will tell you...when I saw that big white disc sitting there in the dirt ...I didnt care care where it came from, I only knew it where it was going.. home with me!
Keep the dream alive!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
That find gets my banner vote, for its incredible uniqueness- I've never seen one or those, or anything really like it, ever posted anywhere- Big time Congrats!
Again, I dont ever remember seeing one of those posted anywhere...if I did it was so long ago I forgot about it; I'm sure they're not rare just rare out of the ground

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
The Orange Bust is cooler to me than the coin.

Nice scores!
I've always said that the wax seals are the prizes in the detecting world...I just got another prize....I love finding these as much as coins or buttons..and that says a lot!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that dollar and fob (and well, the other finds too) are nothing short of AWESOME. congrats!

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey hey diggers!
It's that nice !
Wow! Can’t imagine what you were thinking when you saw that silver in the dirt. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread