1831 Matron Cent, a Chape, and 4 Yellow Jacket Stings

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the day off from work to take advantage of the cooler weather and headed off into the woods. Just started to get into the groove, landing the chape and figuring out I had passed up an area which now seems promising. I've had the Nox 800 for a month or so and have adjusted from my White's Spectra 3Vi. Have found many nice things with both machines. But the Nox gave me by best-ever signal to date, a high-pitched 38 so I knew I was on a large copper. I'm still in my first year of detecting and have already scored 1798, 1800, and 1801 Draped Bust Cents along with three KGII halfpence. This is my first Matron so I'm glad to check it off the list despite being worn and corroded. I had a 23 signal next to it and a sliver dime seemed promising because I recently pulled out a 1873 Seated Liberty Dime with this number. I brush aside the leaves and see a swarm of yellow jackets form. I'm in great shape and laid down a 40 yard dash that left the swarm in the dust. But I paused and stood there and they kept coming. Took three stings to the neck under my bandanna and one to the ribs. But if they think I'm leaving a 23 in the ground that ain't going to happen.

tres120.jpg

Upvote 11

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
Go back after dark and pour about a tablespoon of Sevin dust down their hole. A day or so there will be nothing but a graveyard.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry you got stung by bees ... but what a great title for a posting ! :laughing9:

Congrats on the finds !

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strong work and great finds Eastender!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds! Those jackasses will chase you in the house and hang around outside for an hour, just waiting for you to come back out.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I stepped in those f****rs twice this week, Thursday and Friday, I should be good for a while now. Congrats on the finds!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread