1842?? Maine Dog Tax Tag

Fishnut

Dec 8, 2018
Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a permission in Yarmouth Maine in the backyard of a house that was “officially” built in 1813 and owned by a very prominent family. A couple coins found here date almost 100 years earlier than 1813. I will be doing additional research on this tag to find out if records were kept that far back to hopefully make this official. Was too good to not share.

Attachments

• A6AF9C43-EDA3-4963-A325-98AEA7DC46DB.jpeg
    A6AF9C43-EDA3-4963-A325-98AEA7DC46DB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 128
Upvote 6

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a permission in Yarmouth Maine in the backyard of a house that was “officially” built in 1813 and owned by a very prominent family. A couple coins found here date almost 100 years earlier than 1813. I will be doing additional research on this tag to find out if records were kept that far back to hopefully make this official. Was too good to not share.
Scroll down the forums page to the forum tokens and tags.Click and post your tag on the Got old dog tags thread.The guy on that thread,Odd coins,has a great deal of reference material and knowledge of dog tags and can tell you all about yours. Thanks for the pic!

OP
OP
F

Fishnut

Dec 8, 2018
Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scroll down the forums page to the forum tokens and tags.Click and post your tag on the Got old dog tags thread.The guy on that thread,Odd coins,has a great deal of reference material and knowledge of dog tags and can tell you all about yours. Thanks for the pic!
Thanks… will do

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You win!! 😄. That's an awesome find!