1533501971139.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 512

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth buying a new shovel for....:occasion14:
You and Tuttle should do an episode out there, before it all gets covered in tailings.
Wonder why she didn't name "Blake" as the villain in her meltdown ?
But then again, it was "Mitchell...Mitchell....Mitchell" all along , even though all HE did was get suckered into buying a set of bogus rocks and wrote a book about them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Worth buying a new shovel for....:occasion14:
You and Tuttle should do an episode out there, before it all gets covered in tailings.
Wonder why she didn't name "Blake" as the villain in her meltdown ?
But then again, it was "Mitchell...Mitchell....Mitchell" all along , even though all HE did was get suckered into buying a set of bogus rocks and wrote a book about them.

Wayne as you know there are a lot more interesting targets out there. We're not interested in visiting a bulls@#% site. There is little public interest in TT's life story and his TV set up. Who wants to watch a show about fake maps. Though Blake the GPR man would be of interest. I still giggle over that one.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That is an awesome (and as mentioned new) shovel.
Ambidextrous even.
Wow. That's worth finding.
Not sure why there is a rock cairn in a hole ,but stranger things have happened.
We need better pics of that shovel!!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you've seen the ground map, which supposedly has multiple targets on it.
If it's real........then what's to stop you from having a look at those places out there ?
Never know what your own interpretation of that and the other map might lead to.
Perhaps Harry France's cave of gold bars ?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Found our man, Blake. Living it up. Still investigating. More information on the way.

Man-in-hammock.jpg

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Those maps only lead to old mine sites. I found several long before that showed up. It just a rough drawing of Hewitt and Millsite Canyons. More important is know where Travis and Phil were searching. If you know the area and have photos of them searching it's not that hard to pinpoint the area. Jr had the chance to view the photos but did not want to send Larry $20000.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would Larry want twenty grand, just to look at some pictures ?
And the "ground map" was supposed to be of a much larger area....from the Gila to the Bradshaws, was it not ? Unless I'm thinking of another map.????

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wayne you know why Larry wants $20000 from Jr. So does every Dutchhunters in the area. Larry is well liked. You screw one you screw them all.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've heard. Just wanted to know if that was the reason .
They have burned a lot of bridges along the way. That's never a good thing.
If the Tumlinsons and the Leasmans are satisfied with what they got in return for their kindness, so be it.
If they are not, then perhaps they will join the conversation themselves at some point, to tell us why.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
A lot of sh%# happened in Texas. I'm aware of it ALL. You don't treat friends that way. I'll let it go at that for the sake of my Texas friends. That is unless Old wants to provoke me some more. I told you before. Let sleeping dogs be.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have received new information. I got the wrong man. This may be the correct Blake.

iu.jpeg

Let's review the evidence.

Despite being filmed on RG's phone, being filmed by a drone overhead, our hero Blake decides to return to the site of the crime, takes photos on his work phone. What for? He knows where the hole is. Is he taunting RG? Who knows?

Also- reviewing the drone footage, it's either early in the morning or late in the evening, and Blake either returns approximately 4 hours later to dig up a 3-4 feet deep hole on his own. This would make it either high noon or dusk when he started. Not the best time. Nevertheless he proceeds, and not only recovers said loot, but is so kind as to backfill the hole so completely that the TNF folks deem it unnecessary to pursue matters further.

Now, Blake "abandons" the company truck on company property, reformats his work computer, but not his work phone. He quits the next day and flees with the stolen goods- millions of dollars of Jesuit treasure that conveniently fits into a small box. The man was going through a divorce, you see. In an amazingly short amount of time, he fences everything and goes on a major spending spree, but he doesn't use his newfound cash, he uses a card so as to leave a paper trail to inform RG that he was buying VERY expensive things, things he couldn't afford.

He also moves out of state.

Our Blake is a cipher. He works in mysterious ways. Most criminals fence a little at a time to evade notice. Not our Blake. He fences everything at once. What audacity! What nerve! What a brazen move!

Next, we'll analyze his paper trail.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have received new information. I got the wrong man. This may be the correct Blake.

View attachment 1619370

Let's review the evidence.

Despite being filmed on RG's phone, being filmed by a drone overhead, our hero Blake decides to return to the site of the crime, takes photos on his work phone. What for? He knows where the hole is. Is he taunting RG? Who knows?

Also- reviewing the drone footage, it's either early in the morning or late in the evening, so Blake either returns approximately 4 hours later to dig up a 3-4 foot deep hole on his own. This would make it either high noon or dusk when he started. Not the best time. Nevertheless he proceeds, and not only recovers said loot, but is so kind as to backfill the hole so completely that the TFF folks deem it unnecessary to pursue matters further.

Now, Blake "abandons" the company truck on company property, reformats his work computer, but not his work phone. He quits the next day and flees with the stolen goods- millions of dollars of Jesuit treasure that conveniently fits into a small box. The man was going through a divorce, you see. In an amazingly short amount of time, he fences everything and goes on a major spending spree, but he doesn't use his newfound cash, he uses a card so as to leave a paper trail to inform RG that he was buying VERY expensive things, things he couldn't afford.

He also moves out of state.

Our Blake is a cipher. He works in mysterious ways. Most criminals fence a little at a time to evade notice. Not our Blake. He fences everything at once. What audacity! What nerve! What a brazen move!

Next, we'll analyze his paper trail.

Your analysis is pertinent. The "Blake incident" appears to be a face-saving story. It's ironic that Travis's failed TV show ended at the 1847 site and decades later another failed TV show ended at the same place. Based on what we know about Travis Tumlinson's character (a lifelong grifter) and his alleged history in AZ, to me, the odds are overwhelming that there was never anything of value buried at the 1847 site.

However, Travis had substantial money, or so it's alleged. If so, where could it have come from? My working model says 1) Somehow from family secrets originating with Pegleg; 2) Somehow stemming from his known association with Clyde Barrow, a bank robber whose ill-gotten gains (some say $2,000,000 in today's cash equivalent) have not been accounted for.

If 1): When the Colossal Cave bandit loot story entered the fray, my immediate thought was that Pegleg was somehow involved with the robberies and maybe left a map to his share. If Travis had recovered this loot, then the entire "Spanish gold" myth and all its trappings (maps, carvings, TV show, book, et al) may have been dreamed up to protect the provenance of the recovery if he ever needed to explain where it originally came from. Just a theory.

If 2): Again, bandit loot. You can tell a lot about a person's character by those he associates with. Depending on the depth of Clyde and Travis's friendship and trust (we don't know for sure), it's plausible that Clyde could have sent information to Travis's home during the crime spree in the early 30s while Travis was serving out his sentence in the big house. Makes you wonder if the storage shed contained letters from Clyde. Just another theory.

And, Old: as Damage Control Officer for the project, you've had a tough task for sure. When you kept insisting, "If you only knew ...", you naturally kept inviting doubts and more theories from the peanut gallery. What else could you expect from folks like us?

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once Ryan exposed Travis carved the stones any information provided about where Travis obtained his funds is suspect. From the beginning the Colossal Cave treasure find reeks of a cover story for a theft. Whether Clyde divulged location of stolen goods or Travis hatched his own scheme, his ill gotten gains supported his twisted treasure site/let’s make a [emoji327] scheme.
Now, let’s go find some real treasure!

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What year would this Travis documentary would have taken place? 50's?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What year would this Travis documentary would have taken place? 50's?

Are you a thinking what I'm a thinking?

In the 1950's there were no GPS for finding an exact spot with any accuracy within 1/8 of a mile. Certainly not with in the confines of a group of cactus. Most maps back then were not very accurate to begin with. Especially a 30 minute map. Calculating coordinates with a compass and a slide rule was the only way on a map with triangulation on the ground the only method of pin pointing a spot which was an art at best. Coordinates in the stone maps would have been a non starter. Blake ran off with a "Fantasy Treasure".
We're being fed a line. He's looking in the wrong spot. You can't use a GPS to look up something from the 50's. You have to use the same methods and maps Travis did. I noticed RG put out there that others long before he was born had noticed the GPS coordinates on the maps but never put them in the right order. This doesn't matter as he would have to be a master at surveying in order to get within 2000 feet of a target. I don't think Travis was setting up a movie site. For that matter I don't think he buried anything at all because he never understood the maps he did have or the topo maps of the day which were horrible. I think it's all in RG's head from trying to get into Travis's head.

There is no 1847 Travis Trinkets.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you a thinking what I'm a thinking?

In the 1950's there were no GPS for finding an exact spot with any accuracy within 1/8 of a mile. Certainly not with in the confines of a group of cactus. Most maps back then were not very accurate to begin with. Especially a 30 minute map. Calculating coordinates with a compass and a slide rule was the only way on a map with triangulation on the ground the only method of pin pointing a spot which was an art at best. Coordinates in the stone maps would have been a non starter. Blake ran off with a "Fantasy Treasure".
We're being fed a line. He's looking in the wrong spot. You can't use a GPS to look up something from the 50's. You have to use the same methods and maps Travis did. I noticed RG put out there that others long before he was born had noticed the GPS coordinates on the maps but never put them in the right order. This doesn't matter as he would have to be a master at surveying in order to get within 2000 feet of a target. I don't think Travis was setting up a movie site. For that matter I don't think he buried anything at all because he never understood the maps he did have or the topo maps of the day which were horrible. I think it's all in RG's head from trying to get into Travis's head.

There is no 1847 Travis Trinkets.

well i was thinking if it was the 50's, were talking black & white tv.
not much for documentaries or even TV shows back then. Yes I thought of the way my dad mapped out locations using distance from claim posts etc.
Really no co-ordinances available.
For someone to find something & decide to bury half of it for a possible TV show really doesn't make sense.
You find something, YOU KEEP IT & GET THE HELL OUT!!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill/Blake I left a note for you.....you always said to leave something for the next person.......just say'in

View attachment 1619585 [/QUOTE]

That must be Aztec Gold. It came from Blakes Diaper! You know the Aztec word for gold is poop right? Excretion of the gods! They must have spelled God wrong it came out GPR man.

In the fifties color tv was out of reach for most people. My Father started his TV repair business in 1960 and there was only 2 available TV channels at that time that I recall. Lust for gold with Glenn Ford was still popular back then. All about the Lost Dutchman Mine. Travis transplanting cactus would've been hard to do with out raising suspicions. Like Blakes poo the whole thing stinks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread