1852 Three Cent piece found today

F

fueller

Finally found an old silver coin in pretty good shape today. It was around the same area I've been finding civil war bullets for the past few weeks, I did not know what it was until I made it home and looked through my coin guide. I could see the large C on the reverse and thought maybe it was a Calvary pin of some kind, as there is no denomination on a 3 cent piece. United States Of America is pretty worn, but readable, and the date is very bold and clear. The star on front is plain and the reverse is in better shape than the obverse. I found it using some advice this group has given me lately, I was going slooow and digging very faint signals (Minelab Advantage), I dig up some trash but not really that much, and I also found another bullet in good shape.

Before hunting this evening, I stopped at my local coin shop and traded 8 of my bullets for a P.C.G.S. graded ms63 silver Morgan. All in all it's been a fun day. Sorry no picture, My digital camera will not capture a clear pic. of the 3 cent piece it's too small, and my UMAX scanner is not working. If I can get a good pic. later, I'll post it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread