1853 US Trime Silver Three Cent Piece

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been out detecting the past couple of months. Have been waiting for the cooler weather of fall when the biting flies, mosquitoes, and ticks die back and the understory forest foliage falls off. But I live in a tourists area and the 4th is the season high water mark. Tired of traffic and people so I retreated deep into the quiet woods for 7 hours today. My tick and bug spray worked and I wore my rubber boots. Temps in the high 70's so the misery index was tolerable. Happy I got out.

I found my second Trime today, the 1853 on the left. I found my first Trime ever at the end of last March, the 1852 in VG condition to the right. This was just over 3" in the forest floor and my Nox 800 indicated a 17 with the sharper than iron tone. These coins are so small and slippery they must have annoyed people but they were good for a 1st class postage stamp.

Attachments

• tres284.jpg
    tres284.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 93
  • tres285.jpg
    tres285.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 33

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't been out detecting the past couple of months. Have been waiting for the cooler weather of fall when the biting flies, mosquitoes, and ticks die back and the understory forest foliage falls off. But I live in a tourists area and the 4th is the season high water mark. Tired of traffic and people so I retreated deep into the quiet woods for 7 hours today. My tick and bug spray worked and I wore my rubber boots. Temps in the high 70's so the misery index was tolerable. Happy I got out.

I found my second Trime today, the 1853 on the left. I found my first Trime ever at the end of last March, the 1852 in VG condition to the right. This was just over 3" in the forest floor and my Nox 800 indicated a 17 with the sharper than iron tone. These coins are so small and slippery they must have annoyed people but they were good for a 1st class postage stamp.
Great work, they are tough to find. I’ve got 3 and each time I dig one I ask myself, “How the hell dis I find that little thing?” Congrats

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 👍 done! Those are tough little buggers to find. I've only dug one myself. It was right up next to a big oak tree.

Can I ask what that avatar is you are using? I dug one of those that looked very family at one of the old sites I used to detect.
Thanks,
MM

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very NICE FINDS thanks for sharing with us !!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear you about the many nasty critters who love to feast on us in the woods... No fun. Congrats on finding your second trime. They are such cool little ( and I mean little) silver coins. Pulling one out of the ground always seems like a major accomplishment. Congrats!

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Awesome coins! Still looking for one myself!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find! It’s very cool that you have found 2 now. I’m glad you got out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions