Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Which way to go? A phantasmagoria of trails were before me. To the right a meandering path that was well used followed the lake marked with some one's dig holes....dug not filled! In the center a nearly invisible footpath that mountain goated up a rugged hillside with gnarled roots protruding from the ground. The left. Yes it must be the left as my useless right arm was not fit for the swing. This trail led deep into a heavily wooded area and seemed to be easily navigated. As I inched along the path my mind seemed to lighten as layers of thoughts of work, bills, aging parents, pain dissipated to be replaced by the sounds of wind blowing through the trees, birds singing and the thought of the one constant of my life....the Hunny Bunny. Interrupted by Zen Guru spitting out a nasty tone and displaying a bouncing 68. My digging tool came into play scaring the soft soil....a bottle cap which was placed in my pocket with the plug returned.

New thoughts. The world. Changes with new sensibilities! Nova Scotia a hotbed of paddling clubs with their name sakes of Senobe, Micmac, Abernacke. First nations. Proud names unchanged by modern day interpretations of history. Cornwallis shamed by putting a bounty on their scalps as they killed the settlers. A low buzz....dig....a piece of tinfoil. How did that get way back here? Baseball entered my. Even this was changing...tied game put a runner on second. Name changes. Personally I would be proud to have a sports team named the Bluenosers. Cleveland...um...Cavaliers sounds good....a solid 65....pull tab....Atlanta Braves such a fluid sound could be the Atlanta Aristocrats, in Canada we could have the CFL Edmonton Eskimos become the Edmonton Elites. The world has changed.

A spur to the left; a road least travelled. My ears were filled with a delightful sound and a solid 80 on Zen. Reward! The coin albeit was a tad toasty but legible. This was it. One coin, mind cleared and body ...well no comment. Time to head back to Nogo and get ready for work. A spring in my mind but not in my step. 1856f.jpg 1856b.jpg

Upvote 15

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Which way to go? A phantasmagoria of trails were before me. To the right a meandering path that was well used followed the lake marked with some one's dig holes....dug not filled! In the center a nearly invisible footpath that mountain goated up a rugged hillside with gnarled roots protruding from the ground. The left. Yes it must be the left as my useless right arm was not fit for the swing. This trail led deep into a heavily wooded area and seemed to be easily navigated. As I inched along the path my mind seemed to lighten as layers of thoughts of work, bills, aging parents, pain dissipated to be replaced by the sounds of wind blowing through the trees, birds singing and the thought of the one constant of my life....the Hunny Bunny. Interrupted by Zen Guru spitting out a nasty tone and displaying a bouncing 68. My digging tool came into play scaring the soft soil....a bottle cap which was placed in my pocket with the plug returned.

New thoughts. The world. Changes with new sensibilities! Nova Scotia a hotbed of paddling clubs with their name sakes of Senobe, Micmac, Abernacke. First nations. Proud names unchanged by modern day interpretations of history. Cornwallis shamed by putting a bounty on their scalps as they killed the settlers. A low buzz....dig....a piece of tinfoil. How did that get way back here? Baseball entered my. Even this was changing...tied game put a runner on second. Name changes. Personally I would be proud to have a sports team named the Bluenosers. Cleveland...um...Cavaliers sounds good....a solid 65....pull tab....Atlanta Braves such a fluid sound could be the Atlanta Aristocrats, in Canada we could have the CFL Edmonton Eskimos become the Edmonton Elites. The world has changed.

A spur to the left; a road least travelled. My ears were filled with a delightful sound and a solid 80 on Zen. Reward! The coin albeit was a tad toasty but legible. This was it. One coin, mind cleared and body ...well no comment. Time to head back to Nogo and get ready for work. A spring in my mind but not in my step. View attachment 2024122 View attachment 2024123
A nice recovery, love the blue background, and a ripping good yarn!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
She's a bit toasty Leslie for sure.
But get a few more and that'll put the spring in the step.
Well done and a good explanation of thoughts this spring minded day.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A spur to the left; a road least travelled. My ears were filled with a delightful sound and a solid 80 on Zen. Reward! The coin albeit was a tad toasty but legible. This was it. One coin, mind cleared and body ...well no comment. Time to head back to Nogo and get ready for work. A spring in my mind but not in my step. View attachment 2024122 View attachment 2024123
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice story and dig. Congratulations!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Leslie, for another great adventure! Congratulations on the great coin find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread