1859, 1863, and 1900 Indian Head Pennies, Old Farm Stuff, Liking The Equinox 900

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out two days with my new Equinox 900. I have nearly three years experience with the Nox 800. I'm not ready to try and qualify or quantify the differences between the two. Obviously the ergonomics of the 900 are noticeably better. My general impression is the 900 runs faster. Reminds me of when you upgrade your desktop computer. I do think the 900 goes deeper. In the woods I often ran the 800 at full 25 sensitivity. The 900 ran stable at its full 28. I was looking at small deep targets plus plenty of deep iron. Seamless transition except for the VDI numbering system. My colonial sites can be small and spotty. The deep iron hits let me know I am in area of activity.

I am not in my favorite hunting areas. With deer season still active until the end of this month I have to detect areas closer to housing to avoid getting shot. So I have been hitting an area I don't spend much time in, a farm that mostly dated between 1850 through the Depression. Lots of iron debris plus loads of early shotgun shell brass bases from paper cartridges. I'm mostly a colonial hunter so finding the one old large button beneath it all lets me know the colonials were there first.

The object with the coins is a brass key hole cover. The small sheet is the Lord's Prayer. I think the larger object is an oil lantern ceiling sconce plate. Also dug up horse shoes, strap hinges, broken tools, and rose spikes.

Attachments

• tres360.jpg
    tres360.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 118
  • tres361.jpg
    tres361.jpg
    949.7 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 22

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Nice finds. Good luck with your new machine.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out two days with my new Equinox 900. I have nearly three years experience with the Nox 800. I'm not ready to try and qualify or quantify the differences between the two. Obviously the ergonomics of the 900 are noticeably better. My general impression is the 900 runs faster. Reminds me of when you upgrade your desktop computer. I do think the 900 goes deeper. In the woods I often ran the 800 at full 25 sensitivity. The 900 ran stable at its full 28. I was looking at small deep targets plus plenty of deep iron. Seamless transition except for the VDI numbering system. My colonial sites can be small and spotty. The deep iron hits let me know I am in area of activity.

I am not in my favorite hunting areas. With deer season still active until the end of this month I have to detect areas closer to housing to avoid getting shot. So I have been hitting an area I don't spend much time in, a farm that mostly dated between 1850 through the Depression. Lots of iron debris plus loads of early shotgun shell brass bases from paper cartridges. I'm mostly a colonial hunter so finding the one old large button beneath it all lets me know the colonials were there first.

The object with the coins is a brass key hole cover. The small sheet is the Lord's Prayer. I think the larger object is an oil lantern ceiling sconce plate. Also dug up horse shoes, strap hinges, broken tools, and rose spikes.
Very nice finds.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Cool!!! Congrats !!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds- Be safe!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread