1859 farm stead= still in use today.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok every one I just obtained private permission to hunt a working farm that was built in 1859, the original house burned down in 1875. The house on the property now was built in 1883 & since then has been in their family & is a working farm still to this day. I'll take some pics when I go out there tonight to hunt it for a while. I'm new to my whites v3i & getting better with it, but I'm pretty confident with my whites DFX. What do you guys reccomend for my 1st hunt or can any1 give me some pointers in hunting with the whites v3i. I'm going to take both detectors. I got 4x6dd coil, 6x10dd coil, 10dd d2 coil & a super 12 coil. I'm open to recommendations in hunting this place, it looks killer!!! Thanks for looking & any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone & the forum.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait to see your finds! Clothesline areas can be good.

OP
OP
K

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well as promised here is pics of old house it was built in 1883 after the original house burned down. The limestone building was built in 1891 it is a ice house on the south end, on the north end of the building is a smokehouse, with a root cellar below it. The walls on the ice house are 3foot thick.
20220630_204900.jpg
20220630_175925.jpg
20220630_204825.jpg

Barbarablinn

Jun 30, 2022
Ok every one I just obtained private permission to hunt a working farm that was built in 1859, the original house burned down in 1875. The house on the property now was built in 1883 & since then has been in their family & is a working farm still to this day. I'll take some pics when I go out there tonight to hunt it for a while. I'm new to my whites v3i & getting better with it, but I'm pretty confident with my whites DFX. What do you guys reccomend for my 1st hunt or can any1 give me some pointers in hunting with the whites v3i. I'm going to take both detectors. I got 4x6dd coil, 6x10dd coil, 10dd d2 coil & a super 12 coil. I'm open to recommendations in hunting this place, it looks killer!!! Thanks for looking & any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone & the forum.
Where are you located I would love to join. If you see mounds areas that look out of place. Definitely search those areas.

OP
OP
K

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where are you located I would love to join. If you see mounds areas that look out of place. Definitely search those areas.
I'm in kansas. I also acquired permission from owner to hunt the ghost town of Holy Cross. He owns all that land. But got to wait for hay to come off the fields b4 that happens. I love this farmstead, its soo huge thou. 2mrow if he gets cattle moved I will hunt where the original house burn down. It's open cattle lot now with only the limestone foundations visible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread