Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a fresh construction site where they just cleared off a section of woods. This area is known to have some major Civil War camps all around. The place is really trashy but to my surprise the first good target I got was a tiny silver coin. After a little splash of water I could see I had dug an 1859 O Seated Half Dime. I couldn't have asked for a better start to a new site. The coin has great details but has been damaged from the heavy equipment. I found a few bullets and my last target was a nice piece of an iron spur. I'm happy to save a few more relics from the dozer and I am waiting for them to clear of some more areas to hunt.

Y6kTr0R.jpg
t0kJvSa.jpg

VzUG6Qn.jpg
VNSGRGA.jpg

xNIr6rG.jpg
z0RjCzU.jpg

Upvote 62

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hit a fresh construction site where they just cleared off a section of woods. This area is known to have some major Civil War camps all around. The place is really trashy but to my surprise the first good target I got was a tiny silver coin. After a little splash of water I could see I had dug an 1859 O Seated Half Dime. I couldn't have asked for a better start to a new site. The coin has great details but has been damaged from the heavy equipment. I found a few bullets and my last target was a nice piece of an iron spur. I'm happy to save a few more relics from the dozer and I am waiting for them to clear of some more areas to hunt.

Y6kTr0R.jpg
t0kJvSa.jpg

VzUG6Qn.jpg
VNSGRGA.jpg

xNIr6rG.jpg
z0RjCzU.jpg
Nice silver!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Y6kTr0R.jpg
t0kJvSa.jpg

VzUG6Qn.jpg
VNSGRGA.jpg

xNIr6rG.jpg
z0RjCzU.jpg
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do you ask at construction sites or just go for it? I get all NOs when I ask.
In our area If it's not posted with no tresspassing signs it's usually open for detecting after work hours. I ask permission if it's posted. It also depends on the site. Never has been a problem for me. I have even been asked to keep an "eye" on sites from supervisors and law enforcement becuse of heavy equipment theft. Most sites have cameras up. There was so much Civil War activity around here it's very common to see relic hunters and I think most people are cool with it. I respect the grounds by taking all my trash and covering up my holes.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In our area If it's not posted with no tresspassing signs it's usually open for detecting after work hours. I ask permission if it's posted. It also depends on the site. Never has been a problem for me. I have even been asked to keep an "eye" on sites from supervisors and law enforcement becuse of heavy equipment theft. Most sites have cameras up. There was so much Civil War activity around here it's very common to see relic hunters and I think most people are cool with it. I respect the grounds by taking all my trash and covering up my holes.
Thank you! I appreciate your response!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread