1864 2 cent piece

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_asset(7).jpg C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_asset(6).jpg C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_asset(5).jpg C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_asset(4).jpg C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_asset(3).jpg it's been awhile since my last post.I've really been having a time trying to use my phone to post pictures so hope this works out,got out for a few hours Sunday and did some long overdue md'ing.thought it was going to be a bad day when my cz stopped working thru my headphone's but I decided to keep going with the external speaker.glad I did or I wouldn't have found my very first 2center,I was really happy to say the least,the bonus ihc & buttons were I big help also..if anyone knows anything on the buttons I'm all ears.thanx for lookin & HH!

Upvote 16

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Nice If I had that coin check for the small motto it is definitely worth checking!
Jolteon

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds all! Doesn't it seem strange when you can't use the headphones and have to rely on the external speaker? Congrats!

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those two cent pieces seem to handle the elements well over time. Congrats!

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAY TO GO!! It's so cool finding a FIRST! I'm happy for you. I know the excitement you're feeling, as I felt the same way after finding my first one an 1865! I didn't even know the US minted them until I started detecting, then it was on my wish list for 2 1/2 years before I found one. The cool thing is I found it on 10-4-2012, that's my sister's birthday. That is what's so great about this hobby, the history and the stories we have behind our finds!! CONGRATS!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the 2 center, heck on it all

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love love love those 2 centers!, I'll never forget my first one, when it came out I was like "what the?" I had no idea they even existed

Great scores!

OP
OP
digndeep

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice If I had that coin check for the small motto it is definitely worth checking!
Jolteon

Yeah I looked but can't tell the difference,I'm giving it To the land owner anyway but I am curious,thanks

OP
OP
digndeep

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love love love those 2 centers!, I'll never forget my first one, when it came out I was like "what the?" I had no idea they even existed
Thanks cjon,it's really in good shape & it put a big smile on me face..only bummer is having to send my cz 70 away for repair.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully they get it back to you quickly!

OP
OP
digndeep

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WAY TO GO!! It's so cool finding a FIRST! I'm happy for you. I know the excitement you're feeling, as I felt the same way after finding my first one an 1865! I didn't even know the US minted them until I started detecting, then it was on my wish list for 2 1/2 years before I found one. The cool thing is I found it on 10-4-2012, that's my sister's birthday. That is what's so great about this hobby, the history and the stories we have behind our finds!! CONGRATS!!

Thanks MI,I'm know what you mean,when I pull an old coin it takes me back in time for a moment,very satisfying feeling.

OP
OP
digndeep

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds all! Doesn't it seem strange when you can't use the headphones and have to rely on the external speaker? Congrats!

Yeah it was weird without headphones but in the end it worked out,thanks

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah it was weird without headphones but in the end it worked out,thanks

Nice going on the coppers and buttons the 2 cent is in fine shape.

I totally agree without headphones it's very strange. It's like I have to process every sound consciously and that takes a lot more effort.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find. Congrats on your first. The IHC is a good find too. Good show!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread