1883 CC Morgan Dollar - GSA Hoard

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Just wanted to share with TNet a unique specimen. It is in original government packaging. On the obverse at 11 o'clock(LUR in Pluribus is bridged) and 5 o'clock(stars), you will notice die cracks. On the reverse, the letters in TED in United are bridged with a die crack and the letters TATES in States are bridged with a die crack.
DSCF8906.JPG DSCF8909.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool....I can see the cracks running through the stars and date !! Congrats !!

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Very cool....I can see the cracks running through the stars and date !! Congrats !!

Thanks. If you open each image and view them at full size, the other die cracks are apparent. I've enjoyed owning it for 30 years. A new owner will have the opportunity to add it to their collection.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are quite a few cracks when one examines it closely.....a Carson city too !!

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Thanks. If you open each image and view them at full size, the other die cracks are apparent. I've enjoyed owning it for 30 years. A new owner will have the opportunity to add it to their collection.

If anyone remembers the original photos and the emphasized die cracks, well, I have it consigned with Sedwick's Treasure Auction that ends in 5 days. The current bid is pretty cheap for a CC Morgan.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a nice Morgan!
Should have it graded by NGC. I love how they grade the coins and leave them as original as possible so they still fit in the original box. PCGS whiffed on their GSA grading, IMO. That bulky plastic case is uglier that a red-headed step child with Covid-19.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread