nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Son, My Brother and Myself got out for a short Scouting trip for a Early site and was hoping to find at least a button or anything to show for the day. My Son was first up to make a find and it was a 1937 Buffalo nickel along the way searching areas and than we started getting into square nails and Iron and than I found a Beautiful 1787 New Jersey Copper !! this is My Second from here in Kentucky and I feel very blessed to make two rare type finds for Our area and in two separate sites. The next find of the day was made by my Bro and it's a Very Neat Locket with a mountain scene with maybe a figure of a indian carrying a basket or a trapper and looks at least early 1800's I would think. We couldn't stay long, but hoping to get back there soon.

Attachments

• 1937 buffalo nickel.JPG
    1937 buffalo nickel.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 182
  • pocket watch.JPG
    pocket watch.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 192
  • finds today.jpg
    finds today.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll had a good day! 1787? I'd faint if I found a coin that old!
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That copper traveled a long road....great Kentucky find Nova!

Thanks, I could only imagine how it must of been coming from the coast into the wilderness of the New State of Kentucky in the late 1700's. Lot's of Indian raids within a few years of the coins date.

bluegrass digger

Feb 18, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nova, that is an amazing coin! Great find here in Kentucky. Was it an early cabin site, near a spring?

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sorry I missed this. I found this one on site of a 18th century blacksmith shop. I hope to spend a lot more time in this area this year as we have only logged in a couples hours there but in the short time recovering lot's of period buttons and a few musket balls within the same area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread