1908 V nickel found coin roll hunting.

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I donā€™t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked to the bank today, in the hopes of getting a Buffalo nickel. I didnā€™t find one today, but what I did find was a whole lot better than a Buffalo. I cannot believe that I found a v nickel in my roll today! The face is worn but it doesnā€™t matter, this is my first ever V Nickel in my collection! Iā€™ve always wanted to find one. I yelped when I saw the face, and then panned over to the date on the coin. This was one of my coolest coins Iā€™ve found yet. No other coins if significance were found today but the V Nickel would have been hard to beat. Perfect start to my day!

All the coins:

E256CE27-6A19-4A6D-A00D-391D45F6485B.jpeg

The coins are from 1959, 1958, 1954, 1952, 1940, and 1908. I love finding old coins!

The V Nickel:

ED92E8D9-1817-4C5F-BDD2-4D14B4C78C8A.jpeg
I am very happy with this find. This is over 115 years old and itā€™s in such good condition. I just love this coin.

Flip side:

30B0B202-4B39-4BA2-AACB-E8D0C0795920.jpeg

What a stunner. You donā€™t find v nickels commonly roll hunting, thatā€™s for sure.

Thanks for reading guys! Iā€™m very happy with this find.

Upvote 21
OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I donā€™t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! :icon_thumright:That's a whole lot easier that tromping around some overgrown site for hours.
Thank you! This was my first V Nickel Iā€™ve ever found. I never thought itā€™d be in a bank roll!

Yes, and no deer ticks or mosquitoes at the bank.šŸ•·
No thorns either. Those can be tricky sometimes.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked to the bank today, in the hopes of getting a Buffalo nickel. I didnā€™t find one today, but what I did find was a whole lot better than a Buffalo. I cannot believe that I found a v nickel in my roll today! The face is worn but it doesnā€™t matter, this is my first ever V Nickel in my collection! Iā€™ve always wanted to find one. I yelped when I saw the face, and then panned over to the date on the coin. This was one of my coolest coins Iā€™ve found yet. No other coins if significance were found today but the V Nickel would have been hard to beat. Perfect start to my day!

All the coins:

View attachment 2068282
The coins are from 1959, 1958, 1954, 1952, 1940, and 1908. I love finding old coins!

The V Nickel:

View attachment 2068283 I am very happy with this find. This is over 115 years old and itā€™s in such good condition. I just love this coin.

Flip side:

View attachment 2068284
What a stunner. You donā€™t find v nickels commonly roll hunting, thatā€™s for sure.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

All the coins:

View attachment 2068282

The V Nickel:

View attachment 2068283 I am very happy with this find. This is over 115 years old and itā€™s in such good condition. I just love this coin.

Flip side:

View attachment 2068284

Good job

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All the coins:

View attachment 2068282

The V Nickel:

Flip side:

View attachment 2068284

Love it! You've inspired me to start up again... I'm reminded of Lucy/Charlie Brown..."nickels nickels nickels...oh how I love the sound of cold hard cash!". Or something like that. :)

Big congratulations šŸ‘šŸ˜Š

OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to all of you! Now if only I can get a barber dime or another Indian Head...

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going and thanks for sharing with us !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread