H

Hillbillyhunter2

Jul 25, 2018
Central Wv
Detector(s) used
Still looking for one to purchase
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Along any walkways, to the privy, well, clothesline, parking area, etc. Under the clothesline. Dig the privy. Around the porch area. Under shade trees.
Thanks the last people left tons of trash and of course didn’t pay taxes which is how we are getting it so hopefully with a little patient I can find something

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My family is purchasing a house from 1910 the house is still there along with a lot of newer modern junk and scrap where would be some good places to find more valuable items in and around the house any help or info would be great thanks
If the house is still there check and see if it has crawl space under it with a dirt floor, I had a house in Ohio that had a huge crawl space under it and once you were inside of the crawl space you could literally stand up and swing a detector, I found my best find in that crawl space, the house I had in Ohio was built in 1889 that was back in late 2009 or early 2010 when I detected that crawl space

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See if you can find old pictures of the property, maybe from the local library. My house was built in 1917 and my wife was able to find a whole slew of old pics at the library. One picture from the 50s showed where they used to hang laundry to dry. Found my first silver on that spot.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck, that's going to be a great source of finds.
Check old maps because we were told our house was built in 1904 but I researched it and found out it was built in 1880's. I think the town is just looking at property tax records, which started in 1904.

Try this link. Look for a black square at your home's approximate location. You never know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hillbillyhunter2

Jul 25, 2018
Central Wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for information I have found it on maps dated back to 1915 but can’t find older maps been searching tonight I’ll keep everyone posted if I find anything still got a couple months till everything is finalized then the fun starts before the clean up

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
remove all trash you find and things will just get better for you over time.
this is a very good suggestion, concentrate on the shallower targets first, say the first two or three inches of depth and then go for the deeper targets that is the way I hit our yard in OHIO it makes it less over whelming then

Caildageon

Greenie
May 16, 2017
Cedar City, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab GoldMonster 1000, GoldBug Pro, White's Spectrum XLT, Minelab Vanquish
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
old root cellar, barn area and if there is a pond look under trees near it and any horseshoe pits if any

OP
OP
H

Hillbillyhunter2

Jul 25, 2018
Central Wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes first mission is removing trash there’s enough of the the cellar bottom is stuffed full one out building stuffed and cellar top is where the tools were seems to be the only area without trash walked through it found some old cast iron and hand planners to start hoping once it’s mostly clean the good stuff will
Be found with metal detector and probably the 100,000 nails lol thanks again everyone for the help will keep everyone posted on any finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread