1912 and 1936 British penny's

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an abandoned house across the street and since I mow the yard, because nobody else will, I granted myself permission to hunt it. It was built in the 1920s and I was hoping to find a little silver, but no luck. What I did find was two big British penny's! I thought may be I had found my first halves, until I go them cleaned a bit. They rang in at 71 on my V3i which would be to low for halves, but not having ever found on before I had my fingers crossed. In addition to them I found a couple of wheats, a bunch of clad, 2 brass hose nozzles, and a huge cast aluminum scoop. I did a pretty good cross hatch search of the back yard and think I got most everything. I'll hit the front yard next.

This morning I hit a local park and spent 5 hours there digging clad and getting to learn y machine. I learn more of what it is telling me every time I use it and after a few more times out I'm going to start messing with some settings to see what they do. Anyway's, I know it's not the most exciting finds, but I didn't get out at all last year and detecting today for 6+ hours was the most fun I have had in a long time. Very relaxing and I can't wait to do it again. What would be the best way to clen the penny's up a bit and to get some of the crud off them?

Upvote 3

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, we need some good close-up photos to see what might be the best method. Copper coins can be fickled when it comes to cleaning. Those aren't rare dates, so, I wouldn't worry about damaging them too much.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread