Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"My name is Ed and I am a detectorist" :)

Yesterday's hunt was a lot of fun with a variety of finds. The star of the show was my second Walking Liberty Half this year, 1942. She was masked by a shallower copper penny and nickel. Once I got those 2 out of the hole, I put it back together and gave it a double check before moving on. Got a solid 95 on the Simplex all the way around. Removed the plug and took one more shovel full out of the hole. One glimpse of the reeded edge and the adrenaline spiked. 5 silvers ytd and 2 of them are Walking Liberty Halves!
Other treasures from this hunt include 2 Wheaties, 4 keys, 1 toy car, 1 military hat pin, 2 shell casings, $2.30 Clad and a very cool Liberty Memorial fob stamped 1921.

Love this hobby so much, we are perilously close to full blown addiction. My Simplex has crushed it but could not help myself from ordering the Legend yesterday.

HH and big love from KC, Hunk-a-lead........

Attachments

• IMG_1223[1].JPG
    IMG_1223[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1224[1].JPG
    IMG_1224[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1221[1].JPG
    IMG_1221[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1220[1].JPG
    IMG_1220[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1219[1].JPG
    IMG_1219[1].JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1222[1].JPG
    IMG_1222[1].JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
Upvote 25

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yesterday's hunt was a lot of fun with a variety of finds. The star of the show was my second Walking Liberty Half this year, 1942. She was masked by a shallower copper penny and nickel. Once I got those 2 out of the hole, I put it back together and gave it a double check before moving on. Got a solid 95 on the Simplex all the way around. Removed the plug and took one more shovel full out of the hole. One glimpse of the reeded edge and the adrenaline spiked. 5 silvers ytd and 2 of them are Walking Liberty Halves!
Other treasures from this hunt include 2 Wheaties, 4 keys, 1 toy car, 1 military hat pin, 2 shell casings, $2.30 Clad and a very cool Liberty Memorial fob stamped 1921.

Love this hobby so much, we are perilously close to full blown addiction. My Simplex has crushed it but could not help myself from ordering the Legend yesterday.

Very Nice Ed!!! Walking Liberties are such Beautiful coins!!! Congrats on #5fty !!! And all Your finds!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:headbang:Congrats on your second one you spoiled brat.:laughing7:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Ed and yes I, and everybody here, are addicts! Absolutely awesome finds- love that big silver! Congrats!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The walking liberty is in nice condition...big congratulations!👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread