Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Y'all,
It's been a while since I've metal detected due to a massive heart attack & stent placement 6 months ago; it was a 99% blockage in the 'widowmaker.' After Cardiac Rehab and medicine, I am on the road to getting back to my old self.

Anyway . . .I found this token today in my front yard. It appears to be made out of coated lead. It is extremely heavy and thick for its size, and the back is plain/blank. It is dated 1914 from Regis High School in New York. I have found lots of information about the school, but can't find anything about this token. Thanks in advance for your help.
Southern Smiles :)
Breezie

Token 1 Front 7-8-2018.jpg
Token 2 Back 7-8-2018.jpg
Token 3 Edge 7-8-2018.jpg

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Breezie,
Sorry I'm no help on an ID.
Just Glad to have you back and so good to hear you are on the mend and back out there.
Your help on IDs is remarkable.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Breezie

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Breezie,
Sorry I'm no help on an ID.
Just Glad to have you back and so good to hear you are on the mend and back out there.
Your help on IDs is remarkable.

Thanks for your kind words. According to Duke Hospital, the underlying cause was heredity. I'm glad God wanted me to hang around longer. :)
:)
Breezie

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Back Breezie , Cool find !

The Fact the Back is Blank, & thickness, I don't think it as meant to Be a Token.

I don't know what the Proper word would be for What I think it is.
But I think it was Implanted in Something like saw Medallions were

000aaa.jpg

Maybe something like in Yearbook Covers Or a Trophy :dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh my Breezie! This is crazy but I was just thinking about you this morning as I check in here from time to time. I am glad you are okay! I wish I could help you out on your token/medallion.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I’m glad you’re on the mend! I agree with Jeff about it being a medallion off of something... the first two things that come to mind, being school related, are bookends or desk pen holder organizers.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Breezie

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I am truly blessed to be here.

Jeff, I think you're right about it being implanted into something. I didn't think about the back being blank; therefore, not a token.

Don, Yes, I saw on Google where 1914 was the date it was established. Judging by it's condition, I think it has some age to it, plus my land is located in the oldest area of the county. If you might remember, I found the Slave Trade Bracelet in my backyard area. This lot was nothing but trees and dirt until we bought the land and built a house only 14 years ago.

CoilyGirl, you and I must have had ESP-N. Thank you!

Benz, my senior high school yearbook had a metal 'thingie-bob' with our school logo on the cover. Of course, that was 'just last year,' (clearing my throat . .LOL.) So I agree with you that it could have been on some type of school related memento.

[FONT=&quot]I'm emailing the interim President and Historian for Regis High School to see if they can be of any help.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions